FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 281 First ... 345671555105 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Somthing to keep in mind is might be a good idea when coding the npc Character sheets have a place for Power levels introduced in the Expaned Players Guide.

Edit: I know I am getting ahead of myself but it would be cool to have a vehicles tab for a database like there is for talents. Possible have vehicle tab in the character sheet that when a vehicle is dragged on to the sheet it copys the stats. I dont even know if that is possible. I know that's not a priority right now but just sprouting ideas.

Hey sevrick, those are really good points!
    I will make sure to add Power level to npcs
    Also, as soon as i figure out the database and the sheets, i will work on a vehicle tab. What you describe is perfecly possible!

I realy wish I could help. I do have some coding background. C# though. I know how to code the modules, but am not aware of how the Fantasy Grounds language works. Anyway thanks again for doing this.

Edit: What I can do is make modules for Talents, NPC, Items, etc...and not add a description but instead a source and page number. I will just start filling out the database when ever you think one of those section is done enough for data entry. Then post it up some where on the site.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 27th, 2020 at 21:34.

I realy wish I could help. I do have some coding background. C# though. I know how to code the modules, but am not aware of how the Fantasy Grounds language works. Anyway thanks again for doing this.

Edit: What I can do is make modules for Talents, NPC, Items, etc...and not add a description but instead a source and page number. I will just start filling out the database when ever you think one of those section is done enough for data entry. Then post it up some where on the site.

Hey Sevrick, dont worry... oh yes modules will be a lot of help in the future.

I have a few more things i want to check with talents and other databases, and as soon as they feel ok, i will let you know

I can also give you access to the google drive folder so you can upload your modules later

Oh I have a new version available (check my next reply)
    Last edited by johniba; January 28th, 2020 at 00:20.

Update notes:

1 - Database changes:
    - Character structure changed to be in line with what CoreRPG, 3.5 and others use:

Characteristics data are inside a node now
    Example:
    <charsheet>
    <id-xxxxxx>
    <characteristics>
    <agility>
    <score type="number">2</score>
    </agility>
    <brawn>
    </brawn>
    <cunning>
    </cunning>
    <intellect>
    <score type="number">5</score>
    </intellect>
    <presence>
    </presence>
    <willpower>
    </willpower>
    </characteristics>
    - Skills are also in a node: skilllist, and talents in talentlist
    If you have been using the ruleset, your characters will not display the correct characteristics and skills
    I hope not many people got affected, but I believe changing this now is for the best, for future improvements and compatibility
    When I started developing, I used the same structure as in Star Wars ruleset, but now i am fully commited to using the same data structure
    for custom data, using the same pattern Core uses.

2 - Genesys Dice
    - Dice icons!
    I have created genesys icons so when rolling dice, genesys characters will show up (no longer using star wars)
    They dont look great though, I might rework them later....

- Fixed issue where dragging dice would not work:
    Dragging genesys dice works from character sheet to diebox, and also from desktop (dice listed below the diebox) into the diebox
    Dragging dice directly from character sheet to chat does not work for the moment, but since people will want to add Difficulty/Challenge dice to their pool before rolling, i dont think it is a big issue for now.

3 - Talents
    - I have created the Talents database:
    Click the big Library button (right side) and select Talents

Here are the fields:

Name: this is the talent name

(bellow name there is a big text box, this is where you would input the whole description for the talent

Tier: type 1 to 5 (in the future i will improve this, so we can only choose 1-5)

Summary: you can use this as a brief description of the talent effect, like what dice it adds and when. For now it is not used, I want to have this displayed in the character sheet in the future

Ranked: type yes or no (same as tier, i will improve later)

Activation: same as in the books, and i will also limit input later.

Setting: this is where you can describe what setting can use this. it is free form. Examples:

All
    Norrath, Fantasy
    Modern, Weird Wars, Android

It should be an indication for the player if he can choose this or not. I may in the future make the ruleset restrict what a player can select, but this is for a future improvement

4 - Character sheet
    - Removed "main" tab. There was really no reason for it...
    - Abilities tab: now you can input Talents here... you can also drag an existing talent (from the talent database) into the character sheet, it will list in the sheet, and link to the talents database

What I am working now:

1 - Character sheet
    - Combat: I need to add Critical damage, conditions, equiped weapons...
    In the future I also want to allow magical characters to create their own spells and list them here, or maybe a separate tab..

- Inventory: this requires me to finish the item database

2 - Item database
    - yeah, working on this will also help inventory

3 - Selecting different settings for your campaign (norrath, android, etca)

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Last edited by johniba; January 28th, 2020 at 00:24.

Awesome work. I was just wondering if the Font for the Symbols has been implemented. If so do you know the command for them, such as [A] for advantage, etc.
    I have an extension for the old Star Wars ruleset that changes them to Genesys fonts but I am not sure how to locate the exact file you would need.

Also I notice that when entering the Description just below the name you have use a carage return before typing description or it will overlay the name catagory.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 28th, 2020 at 00:54.

Awesome work. I was just wondering if the Font for the Symbols has been implemented. If so do you know the command for them, such as [A] for advantage, etc.
    I have an extension for the old Star Wars ruleset that changes them to Genesys fonts but I am not sure how to locate the exact file you would need.

Also I notice that when entering the Description just below the name you have use a carage return before typing description or it will overlay the name catagory.

I have seen a font with genesys symbols, but the ruleset is using icons.

If you open the .pak for this current version, go to:
    graphics/fonts

You will find a font named: GenesysGlyphsAndDice.ttf

I have placed it there, but i am not currently using.

What is this extension you mention? I would like to have a look

And about description, what screen?
    Last edited by johniba; January 28th, 2020 at 01:13.

It was given to me by the people from Finding the Narative podcast. He knows enough coding he created an extension for it. I will send an attachment.

For the Description. After locking the talent when finished with it the description is overlaping with the "Name". You can get around this by pressing enter 1st then entering the description.

Edit I forgot to mention it was made for the Star Wars Ruleset.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sevrick; January 28th, 2020 at 01:29.

It was given to me by the people from Finding the Narative podcast. He knows enough coding he created an extension for it. I will send an attachment.

For the Description. After locking the talent when finished with it the description is overlaping with the "Name". You can get around this by pressing enter 1st then entering the description.

oohhhh yes...
    I will fix that bug, it is simple really, i only need to make that title invisible or relocate it

Thanks for the extension, i will check it out, see if there is something we can use

I have just looked, they have done just like i did, and actually how it has been done since WFRP. Unfortunatelly there is no way to use fonts to show dice, as far as i know
    BUT

OH Man their dice graphics are so much better than mine... would you have their contact?
    I want to see if they would be ok for me to use their graphics in the ruleset

[email protected]

They also have some setting extensions to go along with it as well not sure if it would be of any use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sevrick; January 28th, 2020 at 01:55.

Thread Information