FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 47 of 281 First ... 3745464748495797147 ... Last

For example, i am remaking the combat tracker, so it has a feel and it works like in core/dnd
    Considering how initiative works, based on player / master choices, I wonder how you would avoid splitting it up in two sections. I love how it works in Star Wars, but if there is a better way of doing it, I am all for it. Curious about your thoughts in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Considering how initiative works, based on player / master choices, I wonder how you would avoid splitting it up in two sections. I love how it works in Star Wars, but if there is a better way of doing it, I am all for it. Curious about your thoughts in that regard.
    I have been trying to keep the core combat tracker code in place, adding the way it was done in SW ruleset, but i couldnt make it work
    After that, i tried updating the combat tracker from sw ruleset, but then i have to customize encounter and map code.

i am trying to make it one window like in core, but when the next actor needs to be selected, it will request a choice, just like in the sw one, but on the same section of the window....

Well, this is actually taking time, so i wont probably upload it this weekend unfortunatelly

If this does not work, i will do another approach to the split window...

I have been playing dnd5, and more and more i like the way certain things were implemented there.

In view of the issues with the current ruleset in FG Unity (issues with the talents and other records now showing up) I am also thinking of redoing the code, to be more like in dnd5

What i mean by this is mostly a change in layout, but from now on, i will not restrict me to try to keep data structure and design to keep it similar to star wars

I will see if i implement things on a similar approach as it was done in dnd5

With this, i may in the future include some more advanced stuff... like some things automatically updating dice pools, when a talent interferes, or if someone has an impairment from a critical damage, that also would be automatically added to the dice pool, and also show up under Effects, in combat tracker.

By not keeping myself tied to old design, we can basically have a much better ruleset, that is my hope at least

I would rather a better ruleset than trying to keep a design. The automation that dnd has is the reason I am using FG over other VTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbushido View Post
    I would rather a better ruleset than trying to keep a design. The automation that dnd has is the reason I am using FG over other VTT.
    I agree. If you don't take advantage of the new version then whats the point. I can't wait for things like drag and drop automation. I was thinking it would be cool to take full advantage of the new Quick Adversary creation rules in the Expanded Players Guide. Just drag a template on an NPC have auto calculate the difficulty and the stats and your off.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I agree. If you don't take advantage of the new version then whats the point. I can't wait for things like drag and drop automation. I was thinking it would be cool to take full advantage of the new Quick Adversary creation rules in the Expanded Players Guide. Just drag a template on an NPC have auto calculate the difficulty and the stats and your off.
    Yes!

I am excited really, now that i am not holding back to try to keep things tied to the old design, i think this will be truly a bright future

Today for example, I am working on the combat tracker and vehicles.

A PC / NPC will be able to have one or more vehicles, and we will have a separate database for vehicles similar to items.

Under inventory, you will see / manage your vehicles, and choose among them one that will be "active" (meaning the character is piloting it)

Now for the combat tracker, imagine the core/dnd one... and how you can click a button and choose to display another line under the pc/npc to show the target, or the effects. Vehicles will be the same.
    Simple... intuitive (since it works like the other new rulesets)

For the initiative and who is the next actor, i am still doing something here, and if it works, it should be even simpler than the one star wars has implemented.

I have fixed also some reported bugs

I wont be able to finish today, but i hope to upload in the next days, i will keep you all updated.

I am very excited, i think for the future we will be able to have all the nice bells and whistles that we see in the best rulesets

P.S.: for vehicles, after i am done with this first piece above and upload so you can all use and test, i plan on adding a feature where the player could "share" his/her vehicle. That way, we could have someone else piloting your vehicle, or even joining a crew, for example someone piloting, another shooting, etca.
    This i will do after the first part is working though.
    Last edited by johniba; July 12th, 2020 at 16:02.

NEW RELEASE!

I am sorry for taking so long to release this new version, but I hope you will all like it!

I have done a lot of fixes, and I still need to fix more things, but I decided the fixes and improvements done so far are worth an upload and release

First, I am starting to use github, but for now it is just a place for me to keep track of issues, plannings, wishlist...
    https://github.com/ibarzabal/Genesys/issues
    The code in the repository is not updated, I promise I will soon use it fully.

For now, you can download the new ruleset here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

The only file I updated is the ruleset itseld: Genesys.pak

Here is a list of all that was fixed:

RELEASE NOTES:
    2020 - July - 14th

- COMBAT TRACKER
    Completely redone from scratch!
    The combat tracker is now 100% CoreRPG code, with improvements to work with Genesys.

With this new combat tracker, the following bugs were fixed:
    - Fixed issues with not being able to drag a token from combat tracker to map.
    - Fixed issues with not being able to drop encounters into the tracker

Also there are a lot of improvements in the combat tracker:
    - GMs can click on the MENU, and work with initiative. They can choose:
    a) Roll all initiative -> this will automatically roll initiative to all players and npcs
    b) Roll npc initiative -> roll all npcs initiative
    c) Roll pc initiative -> you guessed, roll all pcs

Also notice at the bottom of the combat tracker, you will see "Init Skill". The GM can choose between "Vigilance" and "Cool". This will be the skill used in the above initiative rolls

Initiative can be rolled individually by players, and also the GM can choose to open an npc in the combat tracker and roll initiative from there.
    The result will be populated in the tracker

- Combat tracker Genesys
    This is a step-by-step on how to work with turns and initiative

1 - Make sure all pcs and npcs have rolled initiative
    2 - GM-> Control who will have the next turn clicking the button "Next Actor"
    Clicking on Next actor will prompt the combat tracker to show a selection of who the possible next actor can be
    For example: Imagine the following actors and initiatives:

NPC1 - 3
    NPC2 - 2.02
    PC1 - 2.01
    NPC3 - 2.01

If the next actor is supposed to be an npc, an icon with "?" will appear in front of all npcs that did not have a turn in the round.
    The GM need to confirm who the next npc will be to act in the round.

doing so will start the npc turn.

3 - Finalize the turn by clicking "Next Actor" at the bottom (if you are the GM) or if it is currently a player turn, the player can also click and signal his turn is done.

4 - This will prompt for selecting the next actor, based on who has the next slot (pc or npc) and a selection of available actors will be displayed again

Limitation
    1) For now, only the GM can choose who the next actor is.
    If it is a player's turn, players will need to ask the GM to select among all available players, who the next turn is.
    I will be fixing this in the next release!

2) The combat tracker is only displaying the initiative for each slot, it is not showing other important information like HP etca..
    I will improve this on the next release

3) Vehicles will show up here later, also for next release

4) I will also add an option to auto roll npc initiatives when you drop npcs on the combat tracker (just like dnd5 has)
    Minions
    - Fixed an issue with minion group skills not updating properly

Dice rolling
    Dice rolling was improved: GMs can now choose to hide a dice roll (click the eye icon in the dice pool window)

Improvements in the code allowing for multiple dice rolls done at the same time (used by combat tracker)

Known issues / not fixed in this release
    - Applying critical on a minion does not convert damage to normal damage
    - inventory: encumbrance total not properly calculated
    - skills: trying to click to open skill windows will cause an error message

- FG Unity issues with Talents and other info in the character sheet not showing up (I will fix on next release)
    Last edited by johniba; July 15th, 2020 at 01:27.

Awesome man. Can't wait to get this on the table

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Hey viresanimi, if you test this new release, let me know what you think about the implementation

I just ran through a quick test and have to give you a nice round of applause. I can only imagine the time and hard work you have put in. It is very much appreciated.

I was able to add 2 characters and two NPCs to the combat tracker. I could pull them on to the map without issue. The GM having to choose the next actor up in the combat tracker is a minor inconvenience at most right now.

It was not a long test, but here are the two issues I ran into while running through things.

When I as the GM just added dice to the box and rolled them, this error came up: Script Error: [string "classes/desktop/diebox.lua"]:451: attempt to concatenate global 'msgidentity' (a nil value)
    Any rolling I did from the character and NPC sheets worked just fine.

The other issues I ran into were related to applying damage.
    The only way to apply damage seems to be directly to the sheet. I could not pull damage to the map token or to the record on the combat tracker. This was really the only rough issue as having to pull up each character and NPC separately every time applying damage can be hard to do when you have a map and combat tracker and other things already up on one screen.

Also, if I attempt to pull damage from the chat window to an NPC sheet that follows a Damage + Brawn formula, it pops up this error message: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_genesys.lua"]:764: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
    After that error message comes up, no damage can be applied to anything until I restart Fantasy Grounds.

I can try to do some more testing later this week, but I was excited to see the new release and had to take an hour to run through it. Thank you very much and I love that it uses the standard combat tracker with the green background on friendlies and red on enemies. I even tested out using the size modifier for an enemy to make him size 2 and it worked great. Great release. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledNoob View Post
    I just ran through a quick test and have to give you a nice round of applause. I can only imagine the time and hard work you have put in. It is very much appreciated.

I was able to add 2 characters and two NPCs to the combat tracker. I could pull them on to the map without issue. The GM having to choose the next actor up in the combat tracker is a minor inconvenience at most right now.

It was not a long test, but here are the two issues I ran into while running through things.

When I as the GM just added dice to the box and rolled them, this error came up: Script Error: [string "classes/desktop/diebox.lua"]:451: attempt to concatenate global 'msgidentity' (a nil value)
    Any rolling I did from the character and NPC sheets worked just fine.

The other issues I ran into were related to applying damage.
    The only way to apply damage seems to be directly to the sheet. I could not pull damage to the map token or to the record on the combat tracker. This was really the only rough issue as having to pull up each character and NPC separately every time applying damage can be hard to do when you have a map and combat tracker and other things already up on one screen.

Also, if I attempt to pull damage from the chat window to an NPC sheet that follows a Damage + Brawn formula, it pops up this error message: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_genesys.lua"]:764: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
    After that error message comes up, no damage can be applied to anything until I restart Fantasy Grounds.

I can try to do some more testing later this week, but I was excited to see the new release and had to take an hour to run through it. Thank you very much and I love that it uses the standard combat tracker with the green background on friendlies and red on enemies. I even tested out using the size modifier for an enemy to make him size 2 and it worked great. Great release. Thank you.

Hey thanks a lot for all this input!

There are quite a few things in this list that i feel are easy to fix.
    Also now that i have inproved the dice rolling code, it will be easy for me to total damage in the chat window, instead of the "4 + brawl" messages

I made notes and will work on fixing them next release.

Thread Information