DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 282 First ... 2937383940414989139 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by the8bitdeity View Post
    Wow, sounds great. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm not familiar (yet) with Fantasy Ground's mark up API, but I've got software development experience so let me know if there is any help I can provide.

If you're curious about how GitHub works I can try to let you know.
    Thank you... i will need help specially from people that have a knack for visuals... i am terrible with any designs, mine are always ugly and functional, so that is why i will provide a template so people can make things more good looking

About github, the big challenge is only learning how Atom editor works with it.. i did a bit of an exploration, i only need to make sure i dont screw up

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    There is a problem with adding dice to the pool with FGU. I attach log file here with error. Also if I use %d it shows empty with no number on chat. I am using March 18th version with updated FGU.
    Were you able to reproduce error with FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Thank you... i will need help specially from people that have a knack for visuals... i am terrible with any designs, mine are always ugly and functional, so that is why i will provide a template so people can make things more good looking

About github, the big challenge is only learning how Atom editor works with it.. i did a bit of an exploration, i only need to make sure i dont screw up
    Apologies if I'm talking down, but Git (the technology behind GitHub) is just a source control system (albeit a moderately complicated one if you're a power user). If the product assets are just text files (or any other suffix that's really just a text file like json, or js or ...) it can track changes to the file over time and show diffs and the like. It's basically mandatory to use SCM for any "real" coding practices so you can figure out when bugs get introduced or "how did we do this thing 2 years ago?" . Let me know if you have any questions regarding best practices for source management, I've been a developer for over 15 years.

EDIT: also I'm not a visual guy unfortunately, definitely a low level coder

I was just thinking that Savage Worlds has a vehicle combat system as well. That ruleset might have some ideas on how to implement that function better for genesys. And also for the subsequent Star Wars ruleset that will come as much as I’d like the functionality to export old modules it’s not a dealbreaker For me. And I’ve created probably twenty or so modules in the old ruleset. I’d rather have a badass ruleset that can’t import the old data than a mediocre one that can. What do others think?
    Last edited by punisher5150; April 17th, 2020 at 20:47. Reason: Spelling

I haven't done a lot of work with the current Star Wars ruleset outside of my own stuff, but, one that works the same as the rest of the FG games is always a better option.

Yeah this week i will check all the reported errors, and finish some stuff that are left over.

Awesome. I am curious if my errors are something on my side or if they are errors that you have as well. Thank you!
    Last edited by GrizzledNoob; April 21st, 2020 at 02:41.

Sounds good. When your ready I can also start on NPC libraries.

Hi! I have subscribed to FG for a few years but frankly never played a lot with it because I was intimidated by having to modify the port forwarding and handling all of the extensions, modules and stuff.

Recent events and backing the Unity Kickstarter have made me more likely to use this program. I have an Ultimate license on both FG Classic and FG Unity.

I am running a Star Wars EotE campaign with my group, and am trying to convince them to use FG to play. I have downloaded the extensions, modules, critical hit tables and dice sets into FG Classic. I see that the Genesys system is being worked on, which is very encouraging. I do have a few questions:

1. How can I help?
    2. Has anyone contacted OggDude about his character generator that is linked to in the FFG forums?
    3. Should I encourage my players to get FG Classic or FG Unity? We are looking to play on 27 April or failing that, 11 May.

Thank you all who have worked on this project. It certainly makes it easier for people like me to get it up and running for my group with minimal effort!

Mike
    Fezzwick on FFG
    Fezzwick on FG

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzwick View Post
    2. Has anyone contacted OggDude about his character generator that is linked to in the FFG forums?
    I contacted him a few years ago, and he said we could use the data from his app. However, that has since morphed and there's data available that definitely breaks copyright - the original OggDude data had "Refer to page xx" instead of text - which kinda kept it within the realms of just providing game mechanics data.

We never really discussed a PC import process - just too many moving parts and data changes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information