FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 38 of 282 First ... 2836373839404888138 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kavaliro View Post
    Any chance of this becoming a Github/gitlab/bitbucket project instead of a Google drive share? I've never understood why git repos aren't the go-to for community rulesets. So much cleaner and more manageable, and there's the possibility of getting others excited about developing the ruleset with you.
    Probably because people have to learn pulls and pushes and commits and adds and checkouts and merges and etc

If you don't/haven't worked with Git, then its something new to learn. Not that it's not valuable, but it takes learning

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It has a learning curve, true... But learning to build a ruleset is easily three orders of magnitude harder than learning git. Most people who succeed at making a ruleset are already programmers. I have serious doubts that there are too many ruleset makers who don't have this skill by now, and if you can wrap your head around ruleset creation, git is easily, almost trivially within grasp.

(For those curious, this video is one of the best for understanding what git is and how it works.)

Hi guys

Just a quick note to let you all know i am still alive :P
    I am reading the comments and yes, i will put this on github
    I think it is also good to have a place where i can have a list of bug reports, suggestions and known errors
    What do you guys suggest I use?

Are the vehicles still giving you problems? I am not a coder, but I was thinking: does the CoreRPG handle familiars and mounts any differently for the combat tracker? If so, maybe the answer lies in there somewhere. Or maybe create a two tabbed combat tracker: one for PCs and minions/aliens, villains, and a second for vehicles? I don't know if this is even possible but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway just in case it sparks some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hi guys

Just a quick note to let you all know i am still alive :P
    I am reading the comments and yes, i will put this on github
    I think it is also good to have a place where i can have a list of bug reports, suggestions and known errors
    What do you guys suggest I use?
    Hi, first time poster. Looking into running a SW EotE campaign but it looks like this mod is closer (maybe) to working with FGU (I'm on a Catalina Mac)

Just my $0.02 as a developer, but git hub will cover all of that. It's both a repository of code as well as a forum for discussing technical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Are the vehicles still giving you problems? I am not a coder, but I was thinking: does the CoreRPG handle familiars and mounts any differently for the combat tracker? If so, maybe the answer lies in there somewhere. Or maybe create a two tabbed combat tracker: one for PCs and minions/aliens, villains, and a second for vehicles? I don't know if this is even possible but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway just in case it sparks some ideas.
    Core does not support familiars or vehicles, and i cannot find an implementation done with them in any rulesets

My idea for implementing this, is adding vehicles just like other items you can have, but a separate "inventory".
    Then, you can flag one as being in use.
    I want them to have inventories also, and allow players to move items from their inventory into the vehicle.
    Vehicle should also be able to "equip" weapons.

Then, if the character has a vehicle flagged in use, that vehicle shows up in the combat tracker.

The way SWEOTE implemented it is like a hard coded tab inside the character, and i didnt want to do that.

So, as soon as i fix remaining issues, i will try to implement this idea

The positive side of doing it this way is that it allows me to have a vehicles database, so just like with weapons, we will be able to create vehicles, and assign one or more of them to characters

Quote Originally Posted by the8bitdeity View Post
    Hi, first time poster. Looking into running a SW EotE campaign but it looks like this mod is closer (maybe) to working with FGU (I'm on a Catalina Mac)

Just my $0.02 as a developer, but git hub will cover all of that. It's both a repository of code as well as a forum for discussing technical issues.
    I am prioritizing fixing the current reported issues, and then do another pass on compatibility with FGU

Currently I did not implement some features from SW ruleset though, like force die (this can be added back easly though), and obligation, duty, morality, force rating.
    They are fairly easy for me to add, and my idea is creating a ruleset for SW, using Genesys as a library (just like DND5 and others do with core)

This will make the main code easly maintainable (i only have to work on one code)

The only main feature out so far are vehicles

So, as soon as i implement vehicles, i can create the SW ruleset for FGU

After that, there is still work to be done, because i want to create a way for people to import their existing data from the current SW ruleset, into the new one
    I am still not sure how much it will be possible, but i will try

Last thing: i will work on the visuals. I want a good design for the ruleset, something like DND5 has, and also i want to provide a template for people to create other skins

I did not do much in the past weeks, but next week i will go back to working on the ruleset, and providing regular updates
    Last edited by johniba; April 14th, 2020 at 05:00.

Starfinder has vehicle functionality and it's quite interesting. Allows separate vehicle actions based on vehicle rules. Dont know if this helps. Again I'm thankful for everything you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I am prioritizing fixing the current reported issues, and then do another pass on compatibility with FGU

Currently I did not implement some features from SW ruleset though, like force die (this can be added back easly though), and obligation, duty, morality, force rating.
    They are fairly easy for me to add, and my idea is creating a ruleset for SW, using Genesys as a library (just like DND5 and others do with core)

This will make the main code easly maintainable (i only have to work on one code)

The only main feature out so far are vehicles

So, as soon as i implement vehicles, i can create the SW ruleset for FGU

After that, there is still work to be done, because i want to create a way for people to import their existing data from the current SW ruleset, into the new one
    I am still not sure how much it will be possible, but i will try

Last thing: i will work on the visuals. I want a good design for the ruleset, something like DND5 has, and also i want to provide a template for people to create other skins

I did not do much in the past weeks, but next week i will go back to working on the ruleset, and providing regular updates

Wow, sounds great. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm not familiar (yet) with Fantasy Ground's mark up API, but I've got software development experience so let me know if there is any help I can provide.

If you're curious about how GitHub works I can try to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbushido View Post
    Starfinder has vehicle functionality and it's quite interesting. Allows separate vehicle actions based on vehicle rules. Dont know if this helps. Again I'm thankful for everything you've done.
    this helps a lot! I will look for that ruleset, and look at its code for inspiration, thank you

Thread Information