FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 281 First 123451353103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Just looked it over. It's off to a really good start. It's just missing some things like weapons stats. Also there is this weird graphical glitch when I go full screen. There is a thick black line down the middle of the screen and a more to the bottom left. It seems have to do with the background since it doesn't cover up the chat or dice. I am sure there are more that I am not seeing but well done. I am super excited to see it running in Core. It's like a dream come true.

Ah I think I fixed the graphics issue, as soon as I upload the next version I would thank you a lot if you could see if the issue is gone...
    I will reply to the thread as soon as i have it

I have a 4k monitor. Not sure if that helps.

I have a 4k monitor. Not sure if that helps.

Yes that helps a lot... actually I found out where i screwed up. Changing the background was one of the first things I did when prodding the ruleset and learning so i screwed it
    I have now cleaned it up a bit, and I will reupload it.
    If you want to test it, I would appreciate the feedback.

Oh and while I fixed it, I now added in Options 3 different decals for thebackground: Core genesys (the one that showed up before), android and terrinoth
    To change it, go to Options in the little cog item in the top right, and there is going to be an option named: Desktop decal image

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UN...oEoWSoSeVhWxR-

Yup that did it. Also did some testing, It's not a big deal but when put the dice into the pool and click and drag to roll rather than clicking the check mark, the results come out as numbers. Thanks again.

Yup that did it. Also did some testing, It's not a big deal but when put the dice into the pool and click and drag to roll rather than clicking the check mark, the results come out as numbers. Thanks again.
    ah yes, someone already told me about that bug.
    Since you can use them by double click, i will first finish other functionalities (items, npcs, weapons, traits etca) and then i will fix that... should not be too difficult

Hey!

Super stoked to see somebody working on importing Genesys to Fantasy Grounds, it's something I've been hoping would be done for a long while now and was thinking about teaching myself how to do it when I came across your post.

Have you seen this thread? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...leset-to-play/

It looks like someone else took up the mantle a few years back and got it to a "working but not polished point" and you might be able to poach some from there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWoulfe View Post
    Hey!

Super stoked to see somebody working on importing Genesys to Fantasy Grounds, it's something I've been hoping would be done for a long while now and was thinking about teaching myself how to do it when I came across your post.

Have you seen this thread? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...leset-to-play/

It looks like someone else took up the mantle a few years back and got it to a "working but not polished point" and you might be able to poach some from there.
    That has been the go to ruleset for some time, but the exciting thing about this one is it's working from CoreRPG. Which means a lot, especially now that Unity is in early access.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWoulfe View Post
    Hey!

Oh, I did see the thread, but didnt notice someone saying they were working on it.
    I will have a look

That has been the go to ruleset for some time, but the exciting thing about this one is it's working from CoreRPG. Which means a lot, especially now that Unity is in early access.

Oh yes, one GREAT thing about using core rpg is that it has all the benefits.

For example, instead of having to manually code databases like details on npcs (type: minion/nemesis..., etca) we use core, which is basically configuring a list of settings you want to show up in the npc sheet.

With another config in the file, i can make that show up in the library so the gm and players have access to the databases

For example, that is what i am doing with talents, careers

It will be a huge help once i code things specific to the ruleset, like what type the npc is, what tier the talents are...

The worst i have already done i would say, now is a bit easier.

Right now i am finishing the character sheet... after that i will work on having an option so you can choose setting for the campaign, like terrinoth etca.... and that will change what skills you can see in the sheet for example

The way i am doing is also nice, i can configure that file i mentioned, and lets say, make it so this skill is for "terrinoth", or "terrinoth, android"...

So in the future, if another setting shows up (of if someone wants to create an extension for a personal setting they have) they dont need to code!

It is all very exciting..

Right now though, i am looking at those database files created in other rulesets like 3.5 to learn how to create one in genesys

Oh another thing is after the first version with basic features is ready, i can also have a look on creating an extension, so people use this ruleset, to play star wars

That way, we can say star wars is also benefiting from core_rpg

And about Unity: since it uses Core, it will not be difficult for me to test and update it so it runs in unity. i have already tested it quickly, it does not load, but it is an easy fix.
    I just didnt bother yet, because i need to focus on finishing basic features
    Last edited by johniba; January 23rd, 2020 at 12:56.

Small update to make it more playable, while i improve and fix a few things:

1) Character Sheet -> Notes tab: it is now showing a place to write Motivations. This is a free text at the moment, I might improve it later on.

2) Items and Talents database:
    - Items: i have added quite a few fields to learn how to do it, so it is strange, it shows fields for DnD 3.5, but it is usable, even to drag to the character sheet
    - Talents: still working on it, needs improvement.

Download link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Main and Combat tabs need a lot of work:
    Combat window I want to make is more useful, list stats on equiped weapons, and also skills related to combat...
    And the main screen is very empty atm

Thread Information