STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 282 First ... 1927282930313979129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I tried but it doesn't let me send attached files through a PM. How do you want me to get it to you?
    You can zip it, maybe upload to google drive and pm me the link?

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Perhaps Trenloe has some insight. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...?19555-Trenloe

He was instrumental in developing the revamped 2.1 Star Wars ruleset.
    Good news! I was analysing the files Sevrick sent me and discussing the issue on FG discord, and Moon Wizard helped!

I fixed the issue in the ruleset, actually the solution can easly be applied to the current sw ruleset

I will provide an upload tomorrow fixing this, and hopefully, combat track working also

Good news! I was analysing the files Sevrick sent me and discussing the issue on FG discord, and Moon Wizard helped!

I fixed the issue in the ruleset, actually the solution can easly be applied to the current sw ruleset
    I think the 2.1 version of the ruleset has this fixed. The problem was originally in the version 1 of the ruleset. However I am not completely sure. I've been using 2.1 for quite awhile and have not noticed this error, and I've made about 10 modules for that ruleset. It'd be nice if we can get someone else's input though. MoonWizard was pretty active in the SW ruleset development so I'd be suprised if it wasn't addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I will provide an upload tomorrow fixing this, and hopefully, combat track working also
    johniba I can't say enough about how grateful we are for you and Sevrick tackling this. Looking forward to the 1.0 version, and I have even more anticipation for the inevitable Star Wars ruleset version 3 (or whatever you end up dubbing it!!!)

If that bug in Star Wars is easily fixed, please do so. I am sure Trenloe will appreciate it too. But not as much as me!!!!

Great to hear that the issue has been found. Can't wait for the next update.

Suggestion: It could be nice if Armor (in time) would add is Soak / Defences to the character / NPC sheet. Now, the thing is that let say Soak can be modified by talents (at least it can in Star Wars), so the way I would suggest handling that is to borrow from Savage Worlds. In that you can right click on Derived Stats (and other things), and select "Modifiers". This opens a very small window where you can add... well... modifiers to your stat. It is a very neat way of handling things.

I also have a request from one of my players: It would be nice with a section where you can write down basic character information. Age, gender, nationality, etc. etc. And in the spirit of the new Vampire ruleset having something I have wanted for a long time. If you ever make a box for an Appearance description. Please consider allowing text formatting so images can be linked there. That would be great!

And finally a question: I take it the graphics more or less is just from CoreRPG? Ie. if I lift and edit code / pixel from CoreRPG and put it in a theme extention, it should all work... right?

Anyways. Been testing it a bit with players and reaction so far has been very positive.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post

That’s good news. Please let me know what the fix is and I’ll review and add to the SW: EotE ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That’s good news. Please let me know what the fix is and I’ll review and add to the SW: EotE ruleset.

The issue is with list controls.
    They should not have the tag "useallmodules"

<template name="basewindowlist">
    <windowlist>
    <!-- <useallmodules /> -->
    <script file="common/scripts/basewindowlist.lua" />
    </windowlist>
    </template>

So if you find any classes like the one above, using that tag, remove it, or:

<useallmodules merge="delete" />

This is what Moon Wizard said:

Can you make sure that your lists in the ruleset are not using "useallmodules" tag?
    Any templates that derive from "windowlist".

The useallmodules tag should never be used on a list within a record. @ibarzabal Not sure where you got that template, but might want to adjust the template unless it’s used to show a list of all records (ie list of NPCs, etc)
    For more details on the conversation and the description of the issue (i put screenshots etca), i tagged you on the conversation in the discord channel #mod_creation in the official FG discord

In short, this is how the issue happens:

Suppose you activate a module, and this module has a few NPCs

Now, imagine you create an npc in your campaign.
    Internally each npc has an id, right? So, lets say the module has an npc with ID-001, and you created an npc in your module, and the Id is the same, ID-001
    When you have a list in the npc sheet, lets say, Talents....instead of listing only the talents you added to that npc, you will also see talents from the npc in the module.

That is due to the useallmodules tag mentioned above...
    For some reason, warhammer ruleset list classes had that tag, and star wars ruleset inherited that, since it derived the code.
    I made the same mistake, because midway through creating genesys, when i started reusing for example the pc and npc windows, i decide to save time and compatibility, by recreating the basic classes star wars used, so i didnt have to create everything from scratch on those windows... and so made the same mistake

So in my case i only needed to remove one tag in the main "parent" class for lists, and the other classes derived from that one also got fixed.
    Last edited by johniba; March 3rd, 2020 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    If that bug in Star Wars is easily fixed, please do so. I am sure Trenloe will appreciate it too. But not as much as me!!!!

Suggestion: It could be nice if Armor (in time) would add is Soak / Defences to the character / NPC sheet. Now, the thing is that let say Soak can be modified by talents (at least it can in Star Wars), so the way I would suggest handling that is to borrow from Savage Worlds. In that you can right click on Derived Stats (and other things), and select "Modifiers". This opens a very small window where you can add... well... modifiers to your stat. It is a very neat way of handling things.

I also have a request from one of my players: It would be nice with a section where you can write down basic character information. Age, gender, nationality, etc. etc. And in the spirit of the new Vampire ruleset having something I have wanted for a long time. If you ever make a box for an Appearance description. Please consider allowing text formatting so images can be linked there. That would be great!

And finally a question: I take it the graphics more or less is just from CoreRPG? Ie. if I lift and edit code / pixel from CoreRPG and put it in a theme extention, it should all work... right?

Anyways. Been testing it a bit with players and reaction so far has been very positive.
    Noted! Those are somewhat easy to include in the character sheet.

For graphics: yes it works, and you could also override the templates, modifying so you create a theme, but i would say, can you wait a bit longer?
    Here is my idea: for the base genesys ruleset, i dont want to keep this Core RPG theme, i want to make another one.

So the base theme, I want to make it look slick and simple, like the one in DnD5. i really like that look, it has very slim borders, so i tought something like that, maybe a theme that reminds of the core genesys book design.

After i do that, i could even create a theme extension for let say, terrinoth, and you could use that and modify it, to create other themes, it would help to get any new themes started.

And later when we work on updating SW, we could remake the original theme, or even create a new one for SW
    Last edited by johniba; March 3rd, 2020 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post

Armor: that is a very cool idea, i was also thinking of a similar thing, if you look at the SW ruleset, under inventory in the pc sheet, there is a breakdown on encumbrance, and a slot where you can add modifiers manually
    I thought of doing the same for armor, a place where players can add a modifier, to take into consideration other factors like you said for example, from talents.
    So it get calculated in the final armor and soak values

Extra info on PC: yes i like that, i will add to the sheet. Do you have a link for the new vampire ruleset? I can have a look and do the same but i think i know what you mean...

Also, i did several tests regarding how vehicles should be done and i decided i will for now replicate how it is done in SW ruleset.
    For one, this is going to be better for compatibility with SW, so when i update SW ruleset.

Later, i will do something that Treloe (i think) suggested in this thread way back, where we could have a database of vehicles, and lets say, if you drag a vehicle into a player sheet, it would populate the vehicle stats in that vehicle tab in the pc.

Later on, i could probably have multiple vehicles in the pc sheet, and lets say the pc decides he is piloting this vehicle, the stats show in the tab, if he changes vehicles, i would change in the tab, etca....

That will keep the current sw functionality, and improve later.

For the combat track, i will mainly do the same i did with the dice roller: i will copy it from sw ruleset, updating it where needed, so it works with core rpg, because looking at the SW combat tracker, it think it is really well done...

Thread Information