DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    How/where do you add a character's Obligation, Duty, and/or Morality? I see a place for them on the character sheet, but I can't find where they're located in the toolbar.

You need to edit the main page (Circle with the slash through it at the bottom right). Then you can add or remove motivation, obligation, duty, or mortality.

As of right now there is no tool bar. Personally I put them all into a table with all the information in the charts, follow the instructions @Idward provided and then just drag and drop from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    As of right now there is no tool bar. Personally I put them all into a table with all the information in the charts, follow the instructions @Idward provided and then just drag and drop from there.
    I found the Edit button that lets you add those fields.

The toolbar I'm referring to is the vertical stack of options along the right side with Characters, Items, Vehicles, Talents, etc. If that part of the UI has a specific name, I'd be glad to know it.

I eventually found Obligation, Duty, Morality, and Motivation in the Tables section.

Thank you for the advice.

Another question: How do you handle Credits? We've been using an older ruleset for FG Classic for several years and the Inventory tab just has a field at the bottom for a character's credits. In this one, I see that I could just name an item in the "Treasure" section as Credits, but if there's already a way to do this, I'd appreciate the knowledge.
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; November 7th, 2023 at 07:15.

I thought I understood the import/export process, but something has me super confused. I have a TEST campaign where I've entered descriptions for every Talent (both the summaries and the long descriptions). I've also entered all the Talents from the Clone Wars supplements that weren't in the Talents. I also entered skill descriptions, along with some of the additional symbol tables in the splat books. I did a backup/export to create a module with the descriptions, skills, talents, and specializations. It brought everything over except specifically the descriptions on the new Talents I manually entered. The name, activation, book/page number are all there - they're just missing the summary and long descriptions. I tried exporting separate modules for just the descriptions and with each category separately and I have the exact same problem. I've spent literal hours entering this stuff under the advice of doing it in a separate campaign and now it looks like I have to copy/paste all of the descriptions for those Talents again. I don't see how this was any easier than just doing all the work in my actual campaign. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    I thought I understood the import/export process, but something has me super confused. I have a TEST campaign where I've entered descriptions for every Talent (both the summaries and the long descriptions). I've also entered all the Talents from the Clone Wars supplements that weren't in the Talents. I also entered skill descriptions, along with some of the additional symbol tables in the splat books. I did a backup/export to create a module with the descriptions, skills, talents, and specializations. It brought everything over except specifically the descriptions on the new Talents I manually entered. The name, activation, book/page number are all there - they're just missing the summary and long descriptions. I tried exporting separate modules for just the descriptions and with each category separately and I have the exact same problem. I've spent literal hours entering this stuff under the advice of doing it in a separate campaign and now it looks like I have to copy/paste all of the descriptions for those Talents again. I don't see how this was any easier than just doing all the work in my actual campaign. Am I doing something wrong?
    The benefit of doing it in a separate campaign is that you can export all the data as a module and the load it in any other campaign, and you can create your own settings that way, and provide a player loadable module. That’s the FG way of doing it.

Keep in mind this ONLY works for new records, NOT for records in another module that you just edited. If you are editing records in another module; that’s what the built in description backup/restore feature is for. That works if you don’t need to create your own records and settings for use within other campaigns.

Oh and for Credits, type “Credits” in one of their Treasure sections and then use the number value to mark how much they have. Then you can use the Party Sheet to distribute more.

There’s currently a bug I have noticed here though that we need to fix… due to the character sheet using the old Treaure list and not the new one from CoreRPG. We’ll need to fix it up later.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Keep in mind this ONLY works for new records, NOT for records in another module that you just edited. If you are editing records in another module; that’s what the built in description backup/restore feature is for. That works if you don’t need to create your own records and settings for use within other campaigns.
    That's the part I don't understand.

- I entered descriptions for all the Talents in an EDIT campaign.
    - I added missing Talents, including their descriptions.
    - I added book text for most of the skills.
    - I exported a module with the Descriptions, Talents, and Skills.
    - I loaded the module in the actual campaign.
    - Everything came over except - specifically - the descriptions in the Talents I added. The manually-added Talents themselves came over, with their title, activation, tree, and book/page number. Only the descriptions are missing, and only for the Talents I added in the EDIT campaign.
    - I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    That's the part I don't understand.

- I entered descriptions for all the Talents in an EDIT campaign.
    - I added missing Talents, including their descriptions.
    - I added book text for most of the skills.
    - I exported a module with the Descriptions, Talents, and Skills.
    - I loaded the module in the actual campaign.
    - Everything came over except - specifically - the descriptions in the Talents I added. The manually-added Talents themselves came over, with their title, activation, tree, and book/page number. Only the descriptions are missing, and only for the Talents I added in the EDIT campaign.
    - I don't know why.
    Sorry, yes that is exactly what I meant. Only manually created records in the campaign you export are included in a module.

If you loaded another module and edited the descriptions, they will not export. You need to copy each Talent, Item, etc. and then re-export.

If you already edited them I believe you can just click and drag them in the list or to another category to copy it with the edits you made. Once you’ve done that, export all, and the copies should be there.

This is better to do anyway because if you just edit descriptions in a loaded module, players don’t see the edits unless you also share the updated record.
    Last edited by seansps; November 10th, 2023 at 13:45.

Wait - are you saying you’re creating Talents within the campaign and then exporting, and even those descriptions are omitted! If that’s the case that’s a bug, that really shouldn’t happen… it seems to work when I do it in a Genesys campaign.

Thread Information