STAR TREK 2d20
Page 26 of 281 First ... 1624252627283676126 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I got a really weird bug. When I create a new npc it is created with random talents and abilities of npc I have already made.
    Can you please give me a step by step to reproduce the issue?
    I can work on it

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledNoob View Post
    I did use the library and just brought over one of the swords into the inventory.

Just as a test I created a weapon in my inventory and attacked with it. I received the same error with the custom weapon I made.
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_genesys.lua"]:764: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Here is the info I added for the weapon:
    Type Weapon
    Subtype <null - left blank>
    Skill Brawl
    Damage +5
    Critical 2
    Range -

I then modified the weapon stats to be a straight damage 5 and it did apply the damage. I had to restart the program to get it to work. Once that error happens, even straight damage hits do not apply any damage. So it may be something with not being able to add the Brawn in automatically?

Hopefully that help. And hopefully it is not something I screwed up by tinkering with anything.
    Thanks.

As far as i know the ruleset is not expecting you to drag the damage text from chat into the npc.
    You are supposed to use the wounds and strain icons at the bottom. Right click it to add the amount of damage, and after that, drag the result into the npc or pc

The error may be happening because i might have left an opening in the drag function allowing that chat value to be dragged. I will close it for now, and maybe in the future i can improve on that

Here is how it should go:

- Roll your weapon, in the chat window you will see the result, saying how much damage + brawn.
    - Look at the character brawn, and calculate final damage.
    - right click the wounds token at the bottom of the screen and select the amount of damage to apply to the npc
    - drag the wound token into the npc. It will apply damage, subtracting soak automatically

Now, it will not apply critical damage automatically
    Remember to check in the chat window in the description of your weapon roll what is the critical rate for the weapon
    Check if you rolled any advantages, and decide if you are using them for critical
    If you need to apply critical, just drag the "Personal critical" token directly into the npc.
    This will make a critical roll and apply crit. It takes into consideration if the npc already has any critical
    (there is a bug currently that it will apply critical to minions instead of straight damage, i will fix that)

Yes it is a lot of manual processes, some i can automate in the future but some not.
    Last edited by johniba; February 26th, 2020 at 15:26.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I have now been testing with modules that I updated from 1.1 to 2.1. "Some" issues have gone but all. I can still get module data that just appears on new NPC sheets. I will grant you, that the campaigns were also 1.1 and updated now, and that there might be things lurking in the campaign code, but well....

The fact of the matter is that the code from the star wars ruleset has had issues with data being sent directly to npc sheets upon creation and I cannot stress how important I feel that this bug be found and brutally murdered. It is the single most annoying bug I have ever dealt with in Fantasy Grounds (and I've dealt with a few).

This is like, the most important reason for me to switch to CoreRPG. To not have to deal with the issues of the old ruleset.

EDIT: I tried some bug hunting. I don't know if this will be usefull, but here goes:

My current issue is that when I create a new NPC with updated ruleset and module, the first NPC I make if just fine. No issues. The next one has all the data that starts with | Career | now appears in the Species and Special abilities section. The one after that now have the | Force | entries. Followed by | Specializations | in the third and finally | Species | in the fourth.

NPC's created after those first 5 all seem to be ok.

This also happens in a brand new campaign with no extensions running. So in my book. Even the 2.1d ruleset probably still has issues lurking somewhere.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that this utter mess used to extend to talents too, but it doesn't now ... much.

I will need more details on this, and possibly a module/campaign to do the tests.
    I will have to check if the issue is in the code or a data corruption.

One thing to keep in mind is that i did not do any database conversion, do not use any modules from star wars (yet) in the new ruleset.
    Data structure, specially for characters and npcs are not the same.
    I can work on a possible conversion later

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    If that's the case I would definitely make sure and use the version 2 of the ruleset from the link above. I've been using that version of Star Wars for a few years and have never noticed an NPC bug like the one you described. It may also help with the vehicles section as I seem to rememebr some changes to that function as well.
    The code i reuse is coming from version 2.1, NOT 1.0 of star wars ruleset, but that is minimal code.
    I have reused the npc sheet, but not the npc creation/npc list, that is from core.

I will need a step by step of this issue so i can reproduce, while i monitor the campaign xml file, to find out what this issue is

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I have now been testing with modules that I updated from 1.1 to 2.1. "Some" issues have gone but all. I can still get module data that just appears on new NPC sheets. I will grant you, that the campaigns were also 1.1 and updated now, and that there might be things lurking in the campaign code, but well....

The fact of the matter is that the code from the star wars ruleset has had issues with data being sent directly to npc sheets upon creation and I cannot stress how important I feel that this bug be found and brutally murdered. It is the single most annoying bug I have ever dealt with in Fantasy Grounds (and I've dealt with a few).

This is like, the most important reason for me to switch to CoreRPG. To not have to deal with the issues of the old ruleset.

EDIT: I tried some bug hunting. I don't know if this will be usefull, but here goes:

My current issue is that when I create a new NPC with updated ruleset and module, the first NPC I make if just fine. No issues. The next one has all the data that starts with | Career | now appears in the Species and Special abilities section. The one after that now have the | Force | entries. Followed by | Specializations | in the third and finally | Species | in the fourth.

NPC's created after those first 5 all seem to be ok.

This also happens in a brand new campaign with no extensions running. So in my book. Even the 2.1d ruleset probably still has issues lurking somewhere.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that this utter mess used to extend to talents too, but it doesn't now ... much.
    Sorry, are you talking about using a module created in star wars ruleset into the genesys ruleset?
    If that is the case yes you will have A LOT of issues.... they are not compatible at this time.

Do not use any modules from the star wars ruleset in the new ruleset, not until i can map the data structure differences, and create the function that will update the xml when using the first time

By the way sorry for the lack of communication this week.
    I should have a new version with some fixes later in the weekend.

I want to finish the pending features first, and then work on improvements and new stuff

So the Realms of Terrinoth descriptions should no longer give an error.

Also I Edited the Expanded players guide because the names with weird characters, weren't in the title as well as the culture the item is from.

And I edited the title so I could differentiate my own library with descriptions and the one to upload. You should be able to easily change the title if you want by editing the definition.xml file.
    I had an idea to improve the export function. It should help with your case where you have your personal library with full descriptions and want to publicize another one without the descriptions for copyright reasons.
    I will see if i can do that in the next release:

Imagine you will be able to do an export, and inform in the export that it is a public one. while exporting, the ruleset will replace all descriptions with a simple "check book xxx for details"

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I had an idea to improve the export function. It should help with your case where you have your personal library with full descriptions and want to publicize another one without the descriptions for copyright reasons.
    I will see if i can do that in the next release:

Imagine you will be able to do an export, and inform in the export that it is a public one. while exporting, the ruleset will replace all descriptions with a simple "check book xxx for details"
    That would be nice.

How goes it with next update? The combat tracker must be a pain to code.

How goes it with next update? The combat tracker must be a pain to code.
    I didnt have much time to code, that is why it is taking so long
    The combat tracker is not that hard actually, i only need to customize it.

I will leave other stuff like that extra info in the combat tracker or reorganizing the talents window for later, after i am done creating the missing features.

Did you check my other messages? Can you have a look at my questions? I am concerned with the issues you found, but i need details

Thread Information