STAR TREK 2d20
    NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2023-04-10

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - Fixed /rolldicepool code
    - Fixed diceroll involving shortcuts.

Improvements:
    - Added a super cool feature (Thanks Sean)
    Each dice rolling on the screen will now have their real color from the physical Genesys/Star Wars dice!
    It is not a full reskin of the dice (yet!) but it is a very cool quality of life imo!

- Star Wars Theme improved graphics (by seansps)
    (Theme can be downloaded from the google drive link below)

Known Issue:

NEW Features:

How to download the new version:

You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

Attention FG Classic users
    This update is NOT compatible with FG Classic
    I can no longer maintain the code in a way that it works with the old client, I am sorry
    You can use an older version of the rulesets, downloading from the google drive link below

Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link below
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Subscribe/Download the Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars

Thanks seansps for the contributions on this update!

No problem @johniba, thanks for merging that in!

Very cool updates! thank you to everyone who is helping Johniba and collaborating to make this project awesome! The Dice Re-skin beta looks really great. Very coo @Sean!

I discovered an interesting bug. If you use the combat tracker to apply wounds to minion groups and minions die that way, the sheet does not automatically update the skills of the minions. They remain as good as if they had never lost a member.

However, the bug only applies if the minion sheet (the one generated by adding the minions to the combat tracker) is closed and only the combat tracker's own fields are used to edit the values on the sheet. Weird.

Steps to reproduce / an example:

1. Add a minion group with more than one member to the combat tracker.

Let us assume you add 4 minions with 3 Agility and Ranged Heavy as a group skill.

2. Look at their group skills and note what ability dice pool they get.

The example group receives 3 yellow dice (3 ability dice upgraded three times from the three minions beyond the first).

3. Add enough wounds to the group, while in sheet view, to knock the amount of minions down to 3. Check the skill tab.

The example group now gets 2 yellow and 1 green dice, as they should!

4. Add enough wounds from the combat tracker to knock the amount of minions down to 2. Now use the combat tracker "Offense" tab to make an attack using one of their weapons.

The example group still gets 2 yellow and 1 green dice, as if they never lost a member!

Quote Originally Posted by DraaGulFireclaw View Post
    I discovered an interesting bug. If you use the combat tracker to apply wounds to minion groups and minions die that way, the sheet does not automatically update the skills of the minions. They remain as good as if they had never lost a member.

However, the bug only applies if the minion sheet (the one generated by adding the minions to the combat tracker) is closed and only the combat tracker's own fields are used to edit the values on the sheet. Weird.

Let us assume you add 4 minions with 3 Agility and Ranged Heavy as a group skill.

The example group receives 3 yellow dice (3 ability dice upgraded three times from the three minions beyond the first).

3. Add enough wounds to the group, while in sheet view, to knock the amount of minions down to 3. Check the skill tab.

4. Add enough wounds from the combat tracker to knock the amount of minions down to 2. Now use the combat tracker "Offense" tab to make an attack using one of their weapons.

The example group still gets 2 yellow and 1 green dice, as if they never lost a member!
    I was able to recreate this and have submitted a fix for @johniba to include in the next build!

Quote Originally Posted by DraaGulFireclaw View Post

Thanks for reporting this issue and the steps to reproduce!
    Sean already implemented a fix and i updated the Forge, just "check for updates" to download the fix in FGUnity, as it is available now!

Just wondering if there's a way to do more with the chatlog.html file that gets generated? My current issue is that I forgot what some players rolled at the end of last session - I can parse success or failure, but it would be nice if there was a way that the success/failure, adv/threat, and triumph/despair could get logged.

Currently it looks like this:

Slick: Athletics (BR)
    Result: [dProficiency = 22]
    Failure: [dSummary = 0]

Slick: Discipline (WI)
    Result: [dProficiency = 38]
    Success: [2dSummary = 0]
    Advantage: [dSummary = 0]

Just wondering if there's any ideas/thoughts on how it could (or even IF) be improved?

Are there plans to add experience point automation?

Hey guys! As you may have noticed I've started contributing and helping @johniba out with things as I'm able to. I'll try to answer your questions, but defer to him for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
    Just wondering if there's a way to do more with the chatlog.html file that gets generated? My current issue is that I forgot what some players rolled at the end of last session - I can parse success or failure, but it would be nice if there was a way that the success/failure, adv/threat, and triumph/despair could get logged.
    So, the chat log output is entirely handled by Fantasy Grounds. I believe the only way we could enhance this is by adding literal text to the output instead of just the icons. (Such as, "Successes: 1, Advantages: 2"). I'll defer to johniba there on if that's something he actually wants to add to the output as it would clutter the chatbox more. But that would solve what you're suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormblessed221 View Post
    I've thought about this a bit as well... definitely something we could look into, but again, I'll defer johniba to see what he thinks is the next priority. I was thinking it might be good for us to add a tab to the Party Sheet to disseminate XP awards to the party, as well as a way to track what the player spent their XP on (at some point.)

By the way, I've just put in some code changes to add Death Markers (to Star Wars) and Token Health Indicators (to both Star Wars and Genesys) to the ruleset. So hopefully soon we can merge that in to the live build, and then I plan to start looking at other features.
    Last edited by seansps; April 14th, 2023 at 21:56. Reason: Clarifications

Quote Originally Posted by Stormblessed221 View Post
    I do have that in my plans for the ruleset. Before doing it I want to finish Elite Specializations.
    I will discuss with seansps these ideas, and we will see when we can do them.

Thread Information