DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Thank you kindly! Great module, great support.

Quote Originally Posted by DraaGulFireclaw View Post
    Thank you kindly! Great module, great support.
    The best support!

Oh, another bug:

Clicking the "lock/unlock" button on item profiles does not seem to put the item into lock/unlock mode until you re-open it. I figure this might be FGU itself and not the module?

Also, I never realized you can just edit values without putting the profile into unlock mode... hm.

Oh, another bug:

Clicking the "lock/unlock" button on item profiles does not seem to put the item into lock/unlock mode until you re-open it. I figure this might be FGU itself and not the module?

Also, I never realized you can just edit values without putting the profile into unlock mode... hm.
    FIXED!

I have just fixed the code in the items window. The lock button is working again.
    Also I found a bug in that double clicking a text field would still allow you to edit the text even when the lock is on.
    Double clicking is something i added to the text fields, so that if you wanted, it would revert the special dice code ([A] for example) from the icons back to the "[A]" and other codes, for editing that way
    I also fixed that

I will probably do a complete check on all modified files in the CORE RPG ruleset, to see if there is anything else that could affect the Genesys and Star Wars rulesets

These two recent issues happened because of the way the code is loaded:
    When I develop the rulesets I follow the guidelines by SmiteWorks: you dont actually have to write all the code in the rulesets. You only improve it with new features or modify the ones you need.

In my rulesets I have instructions for example, telling Genesys to "load" CoreRPG before anything else.
    After that, my files may override any core files (for example the whole character sheet)

The same is done with Star Wars. When the SW ruleset loads, it has instructions to load Genesys (and consequently Core)

This is done "real time", meaning when SmiteWorks updates CORERPG with nice features, most of the time those features will replicate to Genesys and Star Wars without any need for me to update the code.

But... sometimes it may cause an error.
    In the case now of the inventory, it seems they changed the scripts that are executed in the inventory list, and item window, so since my character inventory list and the item window are customized, they could not find the code.

By the way:

In the character sheet, items in the inventory still have editable name, encumbrance.
    I was thinking if I should make them read only there, and having players to open the item window to edit instead. Let me know what you all think

In order to fix the issue on your side, simply click "Check for updates" in the main FGU screen and the updates will be downloaded.
    Last edited by johniba; February 24th, 2023 at 23:21.

Thanks for all the work on getting this all running correctly @Joniba.

As far as the encumbrance field on the inventory I can't think of a single time that my players have ever needed to be able to edit that field. If it helps clean up the code I am all for the modification to read only from the item description, especially if it's an easy thing to code. If it's more involved, I'd say definitely throw it in the queue of things to do. You are the best @Johniba! I hope Asmodee gets their act together and hires you!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Thanks for all the work on getting this all running correctly @Joniba.

As far as the encumbrance field on the inventory I can't think of a single time that my players have ever needed to be able to edit that field. If it helps clean up the code I am all for the modification to read only from the item description, especially if it's an easy thing to code. If it's more involved, I'd say definitely throw it in the queue of things to do. You are the best @Johniba! I hope Asmodee gets their act together and hires you!
    I will probably update the code so that only the location field is editable in that screen. I feel like people could easly edit names and such by mistake.
    I might check this later, I still want to improve that inventory list, it looks a bit ugly to me.

Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot, and keep me going

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    FIXED!
    By the way:

In the character sheet, items in the inventory still have editable name, encumbrance.
    I was thinking if I should make them read only there, and having players to open the item window to edit instead. Let me know what you all think
    I like that it can be edited in the inventory window. It allows me and the players to quickly alter encumbrance if an item becomes easier to carry because of an attachment or because it was stored differently. It also lets me change the name of an item to reflect its condition (minor/major damage, etc.).

Btw, found another bug:

ErrorPartySheet.PNG

I get this error when I add PCs to the party sheet.

I like that it can be edited in the inventory window. It allows me and the players to quickly alter encumbrance if an item becomes easier to carry because of an attachment or because it was stored differently. It also lets me change the name of an item to reflect its condition (minor/major damage, etc.).

Btw, found another bug:

ErrorPartySheet.PNG

I cannot replicate the issue.
    Are you using any extensions? If yes, try disabling them and testing again.

During our game session we have found a bug, none of the players or the game master's NPCs can bring the info for anything in their inventory. We can still access and modify the vehicles though. We have no extensions running.

Inventory_error.png

As can be seen in the screenshot, the small phoenix symbol is not visible. Thank you for all the effort for this.
    Last edited by JGLinx2; March 5th, 2023 at 04:32.

Btw, found another bug:

ErrorPartySheet.PNG

Our group also got this error when opening the party sheet.

Thread Information