DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 282 First ... 1422232425263474124 ... Last
    Not yet.

Edit: Also just noticed that you can't enter ranks in a talent on an NPC or PC sheet. The box is there but just will not allow you to enter an amount. I also noticed I click the box and type the numbers end up in the chat window.

Edit: 1 more thing I am not sure why but when dragging a token onto an npc the token is way small on the sheet its self. But when dragged to a map it looks ok.
    Last edited by sevrick; February 18th, 2020 at 14:29.

So I have been doing a lot of description entry and I noticed that some descriptions are going to be way too long for the combat tab. So I had a thought. What if you added a summery tab to weapons category and that description would be what goes in the combat tab. It would basically be the crunch if there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So I have been doing a lot of description entry and I noticed that some descriptions are going to be way too long for the combat tab. So I had a thought. What if you added a summery tab to weapons category and that description would be what goes in the combat tab. It would basically be the crunch if there is any.
    Hi Sevrick,

Yeah basically what it was originally in the sw ruleset, right?
    I've been thinking maybe i can have another solution...
    I want a very lean combat tab, but also i want good info for the player, so i will tinker with some ideas, maybe a separate mini combat window that could basically give more info on weapons?
    Then we remove all descriptions etca, we only list the weapons, since well, after you play a bit you should be familiar with your weapons...

I will focus on finishing the missing features first, if you are ok with it, I want the ruleset to be feature complete first.
    I will work on this before i finish vehicles though

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hi Sevrick,

Yeah basically what it was originally in the sw ruleset, right?
    I've been thinking maybe i can have another solution...
    I want a very lean combat tab, but also i want good info for the player, so i will tinker with some ideas, maybe a separate mini combat window that could basically give more info on weapons?
    Then we remove all descriptions etca, we only list the weapons, since well, after you play a bit you should be familiar with your weapons...

I will focus on finishing the missing features first, if you are ok with it, I want the ruleset to be feature complete first.
    I will work on this before i finish vehicles though
    Oh yeah no worries. I just wanted get my ideas out there. It would be nice to have it in a playable state. I am going to try play it as is this Sunday. For the most part the bare bones is there except the combat tracker. If you aren't done with the combat tracker by then I can do it through other means. Dont feel you have to kill yourself getting it done on my account.

As for as your idea we could try the mini combat tab and see if it works
    Last edited by sevrick; February 20th, 2020 at 18:20.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Oh yeah no worries. I just wanted get my ideas out there. It would be nice to have it in a playable state. I am going to try play it as is this Sunday. For the most part the bare bones is there except the combat tracker. If you aren't done with the combat tracker by then I can do it through other means. Dont feel you have to kill yourself getting it done on my account.

As for as your idea we could try the mini combat tab and see if it works
    I will certainly try to make a viable combat tracker by the weekend
    Independent of that, have fun and i cant wait to get feedback from you from your session

I am planning on running my first genesys session on Sunday as well. I would like to use this version going forward but the combat tracker not ready and assigning damage not working for me will have to put that on hold. Once I am able to use it, I will provide feedback as well. Thanks for the hard work. Ill keep an eye on the thread to see if those functions are working by Saturday night n
    Last edited by GrizzledNoob; February 21st, 2020 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledNoob View Post
    I am planning on running my first genesys session on Sunday as well. I would like to use this version going forward but the combat tracker not ready and assigning damage not working for me will have to put that on hold. Once I am able to use it, I will provide feedback as well. Thanks for the hard work. Ill keep an eye on the thread to see if those functions are working by Saturday night n
    Hi Grizzled, thanks

Can you explain the issue you are having not being able to assign damage? It should be working

If I drag the damage from a PC weapon roll over to the NPC minion group I created, I get this error:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_genesys.lua"]:764: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledNoob View Post
    If I drag the damage from a PC weapon roll over to the NPC minion group I created, I get this error:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_genesys.lua"]:764: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
    I think I know the problem. Are you using a weapon from the library? If so I think I may have forgotten to upload the realms of terrinoth library with the rich text changes. I will reload them as soon as I get home from work. Which should be in a out 5 hours.

I did use the library and just brought over one of the swords into the inventory.

Just as a test I created a weapon in my inventory and attacked with it. I received the same error with the custom weapon I made.

Here is the info I added for the weapon:
    Type Weapon
    Subtype <null - left blank>
    Skill Brawl
    Damage +5
    Critical 2
    Range -

I then modified the weapon stats to be a straight damage 5 and it did apply the damage. I had to restart the program to get it to work. Once that error happens, even straight damage hits do not apply any damage. So it may be something with not being able to add the Brawn in automatically?

Hopefully that help. And hopefully it is not something I screwed up by tinkering with anything.
    Thanks.

Thread Information