FG Spreadshirt Swag
    As the NPC list grows ever bigger it becomes more difficult to sift through them to find what you want. Would it be possible to add a subtype category to NPCs. This would allow me to seperate creatures, Imperials, etc using the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    As the NPC list grows ever bigger it becomes more difficult to sift through them to find what you want. Would it be possible to add a subtype category to NPCs. This would allow me to seperate creatures, Imperials, etc using the filter.
    Yes. I will see what I can do

For Genesys fans out there, I am not sure if you saw these news.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...e-of-keyforge/

Keyforge as an IP is changing hands from Asmodee to a new company named Ghost Galaxy, owned by the previous FFG founder.

This means the future of the "Legends of the Crucible" Genesys book is still uncertain.

From other posts it seems both companies are not rulling out a sort of a legal agreement, but I would say that if you want to be on the safe side, if you are interested in acquiring the book/pdf, I would do it soon.

If they do not have an agreement/contract, it would mean the book will go out of print.

Also while I am thinking about it. You could add a Subtype category for vehicles. It does have space for Vehicle Type/Model but that changes wildly.

What I would suggest is add a Subtype category above Vehicle Type/Model on vehicle sheet. Then replace the filter "Type" to "Subtype". That way I can tag them such as speeders, fighters, walkers, and Capital Ships.

Love the new stuff. Having a bit of an issue with vehicles. On a new campaign, no extensions ect, FGU is going into a long (potentially endless) nonresponse cycle up after exiting, editing, then re-entering a vehicle. Happens in a few situations but I see it mostly it when:

1) Character enters vehicle
    2) Exit vehicle
    3) Delete vehicle from char inventory
    4) edit vehicle in Library (from sidebar)
    5) re-add to inventory and attempt to re-enter vehicle.

At that point, FGU goes non-responsive. Longest I've waited was 15 minutes - but obviously something isn't working right.

I redownloaded the ruleset to make sure it wasn't that and I've seen this happen even if the vehicle isn't removed from the inventory as well, but with less clear steps to reproduce.

Thanks!
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    Love the new stuff. Having a bit of an issue with vehicles. On a new campaign, no extensions ect, FGU is going into a long (potentially endless) nonresponse cycle up after exiting, editing, then re-entering a vehicle. Happens in a few situations but I see it mostly it when:

1) Character enters vehicle
    2) Exit vehicle
    3) Delete vehicle from char inventory
    4) edit vehicle in Library (from sidebar)
    5) re-add to inventory and attempt to re-enter vehicle.

At that point, FGU goes non-responsive. Longest I've waited was 15 minutes - but obviously something isn't working right.

I redownloaded the ruleset to make sure it wasn't that and I've seen this happen even if the vehicle isn't removed from the inventory as well, but with less clear steps to reproduce.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the detailed steps in the issue. I will test here and fix this!

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Also while I am thinking about it. You could add a Subtype category for vehicles. It does have space for Vehicle Type/Model but that changes wildly.

What I would suggest is add a Subtype category above Vehicle Type/Model on vehicle sheet. Then replace the filter "Type" to "Subtype". That way I can tag them such as speeders, fighters, walkers, and Capital Ships.
    Looking at the vehicles records in the star wars library, I think one issue is that currently we have one field "Vehicle Type/Model", and looking back, it should actually be two separate fields, one for Type, another for Model

I think we would be better having that, what do you think?

Instead of Type/Model, we have
    - Type
    - Model
    And then we can have both in the filters separatelly

Now I am left with a task of updating the libraries.

A while back I created a database upgrade routine, I can make it so on the next ruleset release, when you open your campaign for the first time, all data is automatically moved to the two new fields, splitting them from the current database

I will try this out... it would definitelly be better than asking you to edit each record!

For the NPC database I simply added a "Type" field
    When you look at the npc sheet, you see this now:

"Name" --> "Category" --> "Type"
    (three columns at the top)

Also in the npc database window, there is a filter for type

Also some good news
    I finally managed to improve the "source" filter
    Currently if you go to any database and try to filter by source, you will see multiple results, each with the souce+page, and that is not useful at all

Now, it looks like this (screenshot included)

database filter improvements.png

In my next release I am focusing on closing a lot of small items in my TODO list, and this is one of them

Also Sevrick, just a reminder:

I am currently testing Splitting Type/Model, into two fields: Type, and Model
    As this will be done automatically when you next update the ruleset, just as a precaution, please make a full backup of your campaigns that you use to create the modules, ok?
    The code that will update all vehicles is very simple, but I prefer to be in the cautious side, and if something happens, you will be able to restore...

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2022-07-09

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - NPC: fixed an issue where the Actions tab would not display the proper stat block for minions/rival/nemesis
    - PC/NPC Current Vehicle: fixed an issue where sometimes entering a vehicle would cause Fantasy Grounds to freeze
    P.S.: If anyone still experiences a freezing issue, please try to make a note on the steps to reproduce the error, and reply in this forum thread letting me know, and I will work on it.

Improvements:
    - Sidebar: changed some database icons that were previously only using a default icon.
    - Specialization Tree: Increased the size for each talent box. I will continue trying to improve this until text size and position is good enough.
    - NPC: added "Type" field. You can also filter by Type in the npc database window. This field can be used to classify npcs (for example: dragons, demons... imperial, droid...)
    - All databases: Improved filter for "Source" field. Now it should work properly, and you can filter records by Source (field usually to help locate info on a book)

- Vehicles: Type field was being used to keep Type/Model (in star wars libraries). This field was split into Type and Model fields.
    When you open your campaign, all vehicle records (including pc and npc vehicles) will be automatically updated.
    Previous values in type field like for Example Type="Starfighter/T-65B X-wing", will now be seen as:
    Type: "Starfighter"
    Model: "T-65B X-wing"
    This will also help when filtering and looking for vehicles in the vehicles database, as now we have a Type and a Model filter, which both can be used.

Known Issue:
    If a PC enters a shared player vehicle, and later this vehicle is deleted, the combat tracker entry for that PC will not update the current vehicle.
    Workaround: Either remove/readd PC to combat tracker or reloading the campaign will fix this.
    This will be fixed in the next release

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak
    Important note for Fantasy Grounds Classic users
    Although this version is also compatible with FGC, there are no noticeable changes, only internal code.
    For now the rulesets are totally compatible with FGC, but I strongly advise people still using FGC to consider upgrading to FGUnity.
    Smiteworks is no longer updating the Classic application, and it may come a time when I cannot maintain the code compatible.
    For now, it is still compatible and I will do my best to continue this, until it comes a time it would hurt the development... If that time comes, I will let everyone know

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

Thread Information