DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 282 First ... 1220212223243272122 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Sounds awesome. Although I can't get a picture in my head of what it would look like I am sure it will be good.
    Imagine just like the official character sheet

I will also relist skill, so it will have the same columns as in that part of the sheet

As far as the Career/Species goes, The thing the other systems have done is make it to where you drag the premade Career/Species on the character and it adds the appropriate stats. This would be a awesome. Of course that would mean each Career/Species would have to have a place to enter the information much like talents or weapons.

This would be low priority I would think though.

As far as the Career/Species goes, The thing the other systems have done is make it to where you drag the premade Career/Species on the character and it adds the appropriate stats. This would be a awesome. Of course that would mean each Career/Species would have to have a place to enter the information much like talents or weapons.

This would be low priority I would think though.
    Yes this is on my list: i want to improve the species/archetype record also:
    I will add all info like we did for items and talents, even initial stats etca
    So when you drag that into a character, it will populate with initial stats, xp, etca...

I only have to think what i want to do if a player does that after he has already modified his char... if he drags another archetype, he could overwrite any stats he entered.. so maybe i do a check, maybe not in the beginning though

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I only have to think what i want to do if a player does that after he has already modified his char... if he drags another archetype, he could overwrite any stats he entered.. so maybe i do a check, maybe not in the beginning though
    I would just say that it overites the changes. To be real species is one of the 1st things you do and career is a close 2nd. I would think they would just make their changes after they have applied the species/Archtype.
    Last edited by sevrick; February 16th, 2020 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I just tested that issue, and it also happens with previous versions of genesys ruleset i have, it seems this is an issue with the recent FGU updates.
    I will write this down so i dont forget to check later....
    Maybe it is new because of FGU updates (almost daily if not more)... but It did not fail before with older versions of the ruleset and/or FGU. It did not complain before for sure when I tested it. Dice seem to roll and work but it is complaining about that error. They probably try to enforce as much as possible clean code to avoid issues. The have mayor issues with code as they cannot return back to menu for example they need to exit to clean up enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Maybe it is new because of FGU updates (almost daily if not more)... but It did not fail before with older versions of the ruleset and/or FGU. It did not complain before for sure when I tested it. Dice seem to roll and work but it is complaining about that error. They probably try to enforce as much as possible clean code to avoid issues. The have mayor issues with code as they cannot return back to menu for example they need to exit to clean up enviroment.
    Actually thank for doing these tests, it is always good to have someone that is running in FGU... I am not activelly trying to run it everytime, but whenever you see an issue lemme know.
    I will at least write these down so i dont forget to fix later

I am sure i can fix it, since it only happens with dragging, and not double clicking...

Maybe someone can help me. I am trying to figure a way to enter the descriptions for me without having to create a new campaign folder for just the non descriptions. I came up with an idea to use find and replace.

Search: <text type="formattedtext"></text>

Replace: <text type="formattedtext">See Genesys Core Rulebook</text>

The problem is how do I tell notepad++ that I want replace whats in between <text type="formattedtext"> and </text> with "See Genesys Core Rulebook"?

You don't, you just let it replace the whole thing as it is still correct and will contain the description text.

e.g.
    Replace "<text type="formattedtext"></text>"
    with "<text type="formattedtext">See Genesys Core Rulebook</text>"
    Last edited by joeblack1863; February 16th, 2020 at 22:17.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    You don't, you just let it replace the whole thing as it is still correct and will contain the description text.

e.g.
    Replace "<text type="formattedtext"></text>"
    with "<text type="formattedtext">See Genesys Core Rulebook</text>"
    That doesn't work because each description is different. What you told it to do is find everything without a description and add "See Genesys Core Rulebook".

What I am looking for is some sort wild card formatting that it will know to replace whatever is there with "See Genesys Core Rulebook".

Maybe someone can help me. I am trying to figure a way to enter the descriptions for me without having to create a new campaign folder for just the non descriptions. I came up with an idea to use find and replace.

Search: <text type="formattedtext"></text>

Replace: <text type="formattedtext">See Genesys Core Rulebook</text>

The problem is how do I tell notepad++ that I want replace whats in between <text type="formattedtext"> and </text> with "See Genesys Core Rulebook"?
    It depends

If what you want to replace is those empty tags with one with content, you just do exactly the search and replace you mentioned.

If you want something specific, there are ways to do search and replace with regex in notepad++, but i am not sure i understood what you want

Thread Information