DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Will you be able to edit the lines connecting the Talents or are going to just pre make the trees? Assume that you would be able to make you own trees because of the genesys rules allow for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Will you be able to edit the lines connecting the Talents or are going to just pre make the trees? Assume that you would be able to make you own trees because of the genesys rules allow for that.
    You will be able to totally create specializations, including the lines connecting talents, and this is also going to be available for Genesys

I am 99% done with the code for the specializations database, and i have been testing it by looking at the books, and using the new feature to create specializations.

You create specializations from scratch:

- Create a new specialization record.
    - Link a career, link skills for the additional career skills for this spec
    - Edit the description for the specialization

- Drag and drop talents from the talent database into each space in the talent tree
    - click and edit the talent connections

I will probably release this today.

Just to be clear. How many specializations can a character have in Star Wars. My players really like to have several. Also there are something called Universal Specializations which does not have an attached career. I saw on the picture that there is a notes section, so I guess it is fine to mention there - was just wondering if it was considered.

Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Just to be clear. How many specializations can a character have in Star Wars. My players really like to have several. Also there are something called Universal Specializations which does not have an attached career. I saw on the picture that there is a notes section, so I guess it is fine to mention there - was just wondering if it was considered.

Looking forward to it!
    Do not worry, pcs will be able to have as many specializations as they want.
    You can create universal specializations, you just dont attach it to a career

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2022-06-08

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:

Improvements:
    Talent record
    - Rank field will only show up if the Talent record belongs to a pc/npc (it will not show up in the talents database)
    This is a small change, but since a talent record that is not in a pc/npc sheet does not have ranks, it will clean up and make the talent window less confusing.
    - Star Wars: added a new field to the Talent record: Force Talent. If the Talent is a force talent, edit the value as "Yes".
    This will be used in the Specialization Trees, to represent if the talent required the force or not.

Career record
    - Added a new tab for Career skills. This will be useful for when a career is added to a pc, the listed skills will automatically be marked as "career" in the pc skills sheet.

NEW Features:
    Career Specialization Trees! (part 1 of 2)
    We are finally getting specialization trees!

This feature is available for both Genesys and Star Wars rulesets.
    Although not a default feature in Genesys, the Expanded players guide has rules for GMs and players to create specializations.

In part 1 you will be able to create specialization trees in your database

For now, players cannot add specializations to their pc sheets, this will come in the second release, with part 2

Here is a step by step and a few tips, on how to create Career Specializations:

- Open the "Specializations" database on the right sibebar. It is listed under Category: Character.
    1 - Create a new record

2 - Add a Career to the specialization: you can click the "book" icon to open the career database. Drag and drop a career to the specialization
    tip: if you are creating a "universal" specialization, available for any careers or for multiple careers, you can leave this blank

3 - Add Talents: you can click the "book" icon next to the talent tree, to open the talents database
    - Drag and Drop talents from the database into each talent slot.
    tip: if you have more than one library module open, make sure that all talents you add are from the same library. This way if you later disable a module, you will still be able to click each talent to open the talent record, for consulting it.
    tip2 (star wars only): also make sure the new Force Talent field in the talent record is correct. This is a new field. If you add the talent to a specialization and you notice that active/passive, rank or force talent is incorrect: open the talent record, fix it, and drag/drop to the talent tree, to replace.

You will notice that the background for the talent slot will vary, depending on the talent:
    - Red background: Active talent
    - Blue Background: Passive Talent
    - Top right side box will also have a "chevron" mark, if the talent is Ranked
    - For Star Wars, if the talent is a Force Talent, the top left will have an "explosion" effect.
    These are all visual cues, for players at glance to know details on the talent.
    At any time, clicking the talend name will open the linked Talent Record, so you can read the full details
    Also notice that the description text in the talent tree under the talent name is taken from the Summary field, in the talent record.

tip: You can later update your Talent records used in your specialization trees, adding summary, and then use the "Descriptions Backup" database, to "backup all", and then "Restore all".
    This will update all talents inside specialization trees, with the summaries you added in those talents in the database.

4 - you can click connecting lines between talents to connect talents.

5- go to the "Other" tab, and edit a description

6- in the same tab, you can add Additional Career skills. Drag and drop skills to the list.
    (this will become useful later in part 2, when i release adding specializations to pc sheets)

7- to finalize, click the "lock" icon on the top right of the specialization window.
    This will prevent accidental changes to the specialization, like clicking lines and disconecting talents.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak
    Important note for Fantasy Grounds Classic users
    Although this version is also compatible with FGC, there are no noticeable changes, only internal code.
    For now the rulesets are totally compatible with FGC, but I strongly advise people still using FGC to consider upgrading to FGUnity.
    Smiteworks is no longer updating the Classic application, and it may come a time when I cannot maintain the code compatible.
    For now, it is still compatible and I will do my best to continue this, until it comes a time it would hurt the development... If that time comes, I will let everyone know

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars
    Last edited by johniba; June 8th, 2022 at 18:43.

Just had a gander at it. It looks really great.

Had a couple of thoughts:
    I think we need a way to demonstrate that a talent has been bought. Perhaps a check box on the border of a talent, on the specialization tree?
    Also. I really hope that this functionality is also added to NPC's as well as PC's when the second part drops.

So far so fantastic. I suspect that I will have a lot of work to do, while watching the Le Mans race this weekend! *grins*

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Just had a gander at it. It looks really great.

Had a couple of thoughts:
    I think we need a way to demonstrate that a talent has been bought. Perhaps a check box on the border of a talent, on the specialization tree?
    Also. I really hope that this functionality is also added to NPC's as well as PC's when the second part drops.

So far so fantastic. I suspect that I will have a lot of work to do, while watching the Le Mans race this weekend! *grins*

When in the character sheet, we will have a visual representation for when the talent is selected, yes.
    The border will be darker, and also that top/right side box will have a checkbox.

Also if the Talent is ranked, it will show the total rank in a small box, as a reference.
    We will still have the talent list in the character sheet, so there will be two ways to read talents.

I did not intend to create npc specialization trees, as I did not think it would be needed, but it is possible. I will work on this.

And for those that do not like to read a big wall of text when I do release notes, here is a video!

EDIT: I just noticed that some talent boxes are a bit misaligned if the summary text is too big, I will release a quick fix later
    Last edited by johniba; June 8th, 2022 at 19:46.

The new Specialization tree is amazing. Thrilled to no end that it is finally here and it looks better than I could have hoped for. As you have yourself mentioned though it is wide, and takes up a large amount of screen real-estate. If i could put forth a personal preference, thinner and longer is preferable to wider and shorter. You can always scroll down the tree, but you cant make the window any thinner. Maybe a toggle in settings to show people both options to see which works better for them? Again no idea what kind of coding that would require but hopefully it's helpful. Thanks again! Really appreciate all the work that is going into this!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    The new Specialization tree is amazing. Thrilled to no end that it is finally here and it looks better than I could have hoped for. As you have yourself mentioned though it is wide, and takes up a large amount of screen real-estate. If i could put forth a personal preference, thinner and longer is preferable to wider and shorter. You can always scroll down the tree, but you cant make the window any thinner. Maybe a toggle in settings to show people both options to see which works better for them? Again no idea what kind of coding that would require but hopefully it's helpful. Thanks again! Really appreciate all the work that is going into this!
    Hi xarax, thanks... that is exactly the kind of feedback i need on this.

I will try some changes, modifying it to make it a bit narrow and longer even with scrolls...

This is fortunatelly the easiest part

I will also try adding maybe two ways to view the tree:

- normal one with descriptions
    - "light" one, without descriptions but a lot smaller.....

So that way players can decide how to view the tree, toggling as they see fit

Thread Information