DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Urqy View Post
    I'm getting an error with the party inventory. I'm using FGU and the Genesys ruleset. [Error] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_ps_loot.lua"]:229:attempt to call field 'getAllInventoryListPaths' (a nil value)

As it describes, when I try to look the the Party inventory (or refresh it) on the Inventory tab of the Party sheet, it displays nothing and then spits out that error.
    Is anyone else having issues with their Party Inventory on the Inventory tab of the Party Sheet? Or having trouble with tables no longer rolling and generating errors?

Is anyone else having issues with their Party Inventory on the Inventory tab of the Party Sheet? Or having trouble with tables no longer rolling and generating errors?
    Let me look into this, I wil try to recreate the error and find a fix

EDIT: I found the issue and fixed... posting below the solution... fix is already available if you check for updates, in FGU
    Last edited by johniba; March 19th, 2022 at 19:35.

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2022-3-19

Please Read
    This is a fix for the rulesets in FG Unity.

There are no new features for now, only fixes.

Fixes:
    Fixed a bug in Party Sheet inventory, where refreshing inventory would cause an error message.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

Thanks very much Johniba! That worked perfectly for the party inventory. Can you have a look at the tables as well? Here are the error codes I get when I click on a previously made table:

[3/19/2022 7:20:43 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:348: attempt to call field 'convertDiceToString' (a nil value)
    [3/19/2022 7:20:44 PM] [WARNING] Frame fielddice contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [3/19/2022 7:20:44 PM] [WARNING] Frame fielddice contains out-of-range values in Bottom.
    [3/19/2022 7:20:44 PM] [WARNING] Frame fielddice contains out-of-range values in BottomRight.

Thanks very much Johniba! That worked perfectly for the party inventory. Can you have a look at the tables as well? Here are the error codes I get when I click on a previously made table:

[3/19/2022 7:20:43 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:348: attempt to call field 'convertDiceToString' (a nil value)
    [3/19/2022 7:20:44 PM] [WARNING] Frame fielddice contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [3/19/2022 7:20:44 PM] [WARNING] Frame fielddice contains out-of-range values in Bottom.
    [3/19/2022 7:20:44 PM] [WARNING] Frame fielddice contains out-of-range values in BottomRight.

Hi Urqy

I found the issue in the code, thanks for that feedback.

Update in The Forge has the fix, you only need to check for updates so FG Unity downloads it

I did some cleanup in the code, and will review the remaining code I have imported previously from Core.

We should have a much more stable ruleset in the next update, but if you find other errors please report them, this is really useful...

That fixed it. Thanks again Johniba! I'll keep digging around for more errors.

Ah just a quick note... you will notice a "vehicles" tab in the party window... ignore that
    The windows should be disabled, it is work in progress, I forgot to disable it before i released the update

I saw the recent message that the ruleset won't be compatible with FG Classic going forward. I'm unclear on what that means, exactly. Does it mean the Classic ruleset will no longer work? It's what I've used for my campaign for the last few years and I'm not quite ready to fully transition to Unity quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    I saw the recent message that the ruleset won't be compatible with FG Classic going forward. I'm unclear on what that means, exactly. Does it mean the Classic ruleset will no longer work? It's what I've used for my campaign for the last few years and I'm not quite ready to fully transition to Unity quite yet.
    Up until now, all changes and new code I create in the rulesets (genesys and star wars) I am trying to keep them both compatible with Fantasy Grounds Classic and Unity

As you may know, the rulesets actually make use of the CoreRPG ruleset that comes with FG. It means that most common features you see in all FG rulesets come from that code.

The recent errors I had to work on showed me that Smiteworks is doing a lot of big changes to the CoreRPG ruleset in Unity (they no longer update Classic)
    Over time, it may mean that both CoreRPG codes may become very different, and it means that in order to keep the rulesets compatible with Classic, I may have to write code for that, and this may cause the ruleset code to become very complex.

My message is more a warning, I mean that I could detect that situation soon, and then I may have to stop providing compatibility for Classic

I will try to avoid that, I am still investigating the changes and I will let you all know before I have to drop compatibility.

If I have to stop providing compatibilty it would mean that from that point onwards, any new version of the ruleset would not run properly in classic....

Eventually we will have to do that. Fantasy Grounds Unity is receiving a lot of cool features, and one day, it is better for the rulesets themselves if I stop working on them for classic. I know some people still use classic, but I really do recommend you migrate to unity in the future

EDIT: i really dont want you to get worried about this. As I said, I will communicate here if it comes to the point I need to stop providing Classic support on the rulesets.
    Last edited by johniba; March 21st, 2022 at 06:21.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post

EDIT: i really dont want you to get worried about this. As I said, I will communicate here if it comes to the point I need to stop providing Classic support on the rulesets.
    Ok, cool. Duly noted. I've been slowly getting things prepared to switch over anyway, so I'm no longer worried.

Thread Information