FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Well certain talents are supposed to add die to skills? Maybe I just pick ones that aren't working? But none of the skills seem to have those added die/advantages, etc.
    Those extra die automations have not been implemented yet nor is there any automation to take information from a talent and automatically have it affect the skill mentioned in said talent.

Well certain talents are supposed to add die to skills? Maybe I just pick ones that aren't working? But none of the skills seem to have those added die/advantages, etc. It might be that i haven't tried enough due to the fact i can't fully replicate characters in the ruleset yet. Or i am doing something wrong?
    Ah I see.
    At the moment, there is no automation in that part. You actually have to add dice and/or dice results to the dice pool before rolling them...
    It is on my list of stuff to do, and I even have some part of the internal code ready for that.

So my roadmap is basically:

1 - finish sharing vehicles/party vechicles (current work)
    2 - specialization trees/jedi power trees
    3 - update combat tab (this will mitigate part of that automation, allowing players to add some extra dice automatically to certain rows that add dice or effect to the roll)
    4 - automation: this is where I will work on the ruleset helping with extra dice or dice effects based on weapon properties and character talents, or current effects on characters (due to critical damage, or even some buffs)
    5 - character creation/experience automation: initially I want the rulesets to automatically calculate expenditure of experience during char creation and after... and eventually create a character creation wizard (in the style of the one in dnd5 ruleset)

I do want to finish at least up to number 3 in january, and later focus on adding automation. I dont think I will be able to add everything during my vacation, but i will do my best
    Last edited by johniba; December 24th, 2021 at 03:02.

Ok that sounds awesome. It would be nice if the talents/specializations added the die information to the related skill even if it wasnt an automated roll. This would at least allow more opportunity to start using the ruleset without everyone needing to look things up. Of course, i think the library module would need to be updated since alot of books were added since the module was created from what i can tell. Everything is manual to include designating what are class skills. Really looking forward to this. i have a group of players waiting for this ruleset. Thanks again for your hard work.

Ok that sounds awesome. It would be nice if the talents/specializations added the die information to the related skill even if it wasnt an automated roll. This would at least allow more opportunity to start using the ruleset without everyone needing to look things up. Of course, i think the library module would need to be updated since alot of books were added since the module was created from what i can tell. Everything is manual to include designating what are class skills. Really looking forward to this. i have a group of players waiting for this ruleset. Thanks again for your hard work.
    It's absolutely playable now. I'm actually finishing up a Shadowrun campaign having used it for the better part of last year. It does require a lot of work on the game Master data entry but that be will be true no matter when you start. Even when everything can be automated, doesn't mean that it legally can be due to copyright. You will have to fill in the blanks left for you by Severick yourself whether there is automation or not.

My advice, get the info you need on the players character sheets generated, pull it over, to their sheets (not just editing on their sheets, you'll have to do it twice there) and work on what you need to play as it comes up.

Best of luck and Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum!

Like Xarax said below, it is very playable right now.
    Of course, since it does not add dice automatically, you have to basically replicate what you do playing on a real table with paper and pencil.

Having said that, I will slowly add some "quality of life" features and the first one will be to allow adding extra dice and automatic dice results in weapon rolls
    For example, currently if you check your combat tab, if you roll a weapon, it will only add the skill dice based on the skill for that weapon.
    I will add a new field where you will be able to add more dice. This will allow for example, for you to pre-populate with dice you know would always have to roll, from talents, weapon specials etca, for that weapon.

In time, what I want to do is have code that will automatically add dice based on the weapon specials, without need for players to edit that part.

All this automation I am leaving as the last thing to do, because I think it is much more important to have the rulesets "feature complete"
    As feature complete I think is all parts of a character sheet that one would need... currently we lack those talent trees, powers... (although I did create a more generic powers tab, that you can use to create dice rolls from jedi powers, spells etca)

I will have a lot of free time in january and I want to push forward and add a lot of cool stuff

Thank you for all the efforts you put in in this rule set!! Really appreciated!

Next library update coming soon but am waiting a my PSU for my computer before I can upload it.

Also I am not sure if I asked this but when I add Unique npcs such names people would you prefer as is and just the name or I thought it could be helpful if the names had the Tag "Unique" at the end of the name. For example:
    "Han Solo (Unique)" This would let you see at a glance which NPCs aren't generic NPCs.

Let me know what you all think.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 10th, 2022 at 17:16.

Hi John.
    First of all, happy new year and congrats on the amazing job on Star Wars. I can't see the Edge of the Emire module, only Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLondon View Post
    Hi John.
    First of all, happy new year and congrats on the amazing job on Star Wars. I can't see the Edge of the Emire module, only Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny. Am I doing something wrong?
    There was a problem with the last upload. As such i had to remove it to avoid problems and since then my computer has been down. I am waiting for a new Power Supply which is coming in Sunday and will reload it asap.

I understand. Thanks for the prompt response and good luck with the new power supply!

Thread Information