STAR TREK 2d20

Updated Libraries

Edge of the Empire Libraries
    • Add the Enter the Unknown source book to the libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    That's fantastic to hear. Your work is amazing and I'm in awe of how great this updated ruleset looks so far. Everyone who has worked on this is a true hero and I have to thank you both personally and on behalf of my players.
    Thank you for your words

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    Can Story items be transferred over from Classic? I entered a LOT of information (roll result tables, conditions, buying/selling/Rarity, healing information, etc.) by hand and used the Story section as a kind of Compendium so I could throw rules into the Chat to decrease disruptions to the game. But I also know next to nothing about coding and I don't know if exporting a Module with that information is even compatible with Unity. It'd be awesome if I didn't have to re-enter all that info.
    I think so.
    You can try this by copying the whole folder containing your campaign from the classic folder to the one in unity and try to open it.

I have done this a few times, should work. After you do this, open the campaign in unity, check and test things. If you have issues lemme know... worst case we can work on the file and fix it.

The only things I can think of that could be an issue involve special characters for dice... but my code in the rulesets is smart enough to convert those when you move from classic to unity

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    You should be able to export Story entries from FGC to a module and then load them back into FGU, I don't remember about other entry types though.

edit: Were you converting from this ruleset in FGC to FGU? Or are you talking about converting entries from the older SWFFG ruleset to this newer "Genesys" one?
    Ah this is a good point...

When I mentioned above in my reply that is should work, I meant if you want to move your data using the same rulesets (Star Wars FFG and/or Genesys), not the old Star Wars ruleset (that worked only with classic)

The data structure should work fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Does the new release add Force Powers and the Talent and Specialization trees. I have a group that really wants to play Star Wars but without a functional VTT I am not inclined to run anything. Also, if it could import the data from Oggdude so i don't need to retype descriptions that would be ideal.
    Force Powers and Spec Trees will come right after I finish Party and sharing vehicles/ships...

Currently I dont have plans to create a tool to import descriptions from Oggdude, but I did think about it...

I am focusing on adding all features first in the ruleset. I think to have it "full feature" I need to finish the spec trees and powers.

I do want to work on a few automations too, but when I start working on this, I will look at creating a tool to import data from oggdude...

Quote Originally Posted by kessler25 View Post
    Just wanna give a shout-out because this ruleset gets more love, affection, retooling, and performance bang than some officially licensed rulesets *cough* Conan *cough* and I am one hundred percent thankful and happy for that. Thanks so much!
    Thanks a lot Kessler25!
    I love working on these rulesets a lot, and when I see how it is useful for others and I read you guys feedback, it feels really good... thanks guys

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-12-16

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    This is mainly a compatibility release.
    Fantasy Grounds had a major update in December 14th, and this is to ensure both rulesets are compatible with this release

Improvements:
    - There are no specific Genesys or Star Wars improvements, but all improvements FG did on the Core ruleset are going to show.
    Some things of note:
    - The right sidebar is completely redesigned. (I will improve the order in which the sidebar categories show up, in the next release... like for example putting Library at the bottom)

- Please notice that the ruleset no longer has standard background images you can change (For example, in genesys ruleset it used to have one for Core, Terrinoth, Android...)
    Now you can select any images as a background for your desktop

I will make a vailable extensions later, for those that want the old backgrounds back

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak
    Important note for Fantasy Grounds Classic users
    Although this version is also compatible with FGC, there are no noticeable changes, only internal code.
    For now the rulesets are totally compatible with FGC, but I strongly advise people still using FGC to consider upgrading to FGUnity.
    Smiteworks is no longer updating the Classic application, and it may come a time when I cannot maintain the code compatible.
    For now, it is still compatible and I will do my best to continue this, until it comes a time it would hurt the development... If that time comes, I will let everyone know

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

And as always: if you find any issues please report in this thread!

- Please notice that the ruleset no longer has standard background images you can change (For example, in genesys ruleset it used to have one for Core, Terrinoth, Android...)

Can you explain about this? Is it possible to make an image the background? How?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post

Can you explain about this? Is it possible to make an image the background? How?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w97lQqkkGpk

Thanks so much for all the work on this Johniba. As always it is immensely appreciated. This was primarily just an under-the-hood update for classic to keep things running in concert with the updates that you will be putting out for Unity correct? Thanks for remembering game masters with players with terrible computers!

Thread Information