STAR TREK 2d20
    How do you give a PC sight of a *singular* NPC's vision?

One of my PCs has a drone whose sensors they can use to see, and I do not want to include the drone in the entire party's vision just in that of that one PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DraaGulFireclaw View Post
    How do you give a PC sight of a *singular* NPC's vision?

One of my PCs has a drone whose sensors they can use to see, and I do not want to include the drone in the entire party's vision just in that of that one PC.
    One way would to be creating another Character for that player to control, this would link the vision to the player whenever the drone's token is used.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Is the Group Ship feature on a to-do list? I love almost everything about upgrading to Unity from Classic, but having the party's ship up in the corner was really useful. It was incredibly convenient for everyone to be able to open the same ship to use weapons and have a place to track inventory kept on the ship (and all the fuel/maintenance stuff from Operational Costs). It looks like in this version, I can make their ship in the Vehicles section, then add it to everyone's sheets - but if they modify anything, it has to be re-added to their sheets. It was just a lot simpler to have one spot. It's not a deal-breaker, but I can't imagine I'm the only person who used it regularly.

Or this version totally has it and I just haven't found it. In which case, please point me at it and I'll swallow my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    Is the Group Ship feature on a to-do list? ... Or this version totally has it and I just haven't found it. In which case, please point me at it and I'll swallow my foot.
    You are correct - currently each PC's ship is separate and unshared (it essentially creates a copy of the vehicle record in each pc's sheet), there is currently no "party ship". Last I heard it was in the works, but Johniba can confirm.
    Last edited by srbongo; December 9th, 2021 at 22:32.
    Games Running:

Can Story items be transferred over from Classic? I entered a LOT of information (roll result tables, conditions, buying/selling/Rarity, healing information, etc.) by hand and used the Story section as a kind of Compendium so I could throw rules into the Chat to decrease disruptions to the game. But I also know next to nothing about coding and I don't know if exporting a Module with that information is even compatible with Unity. It'd be awesome if I didn't have to re-enter all that info.

Is the Group Ship feature on a to-do list? I love almost everything about upgrading to Unity from Classic, but having the party's ship up in the corner was really useful. It was incredibly convenient for everyone to be able to open the same ship to use weapons and have a place to track inventory kept on the ship (and all the fuel/maintenance stuff from Operational Costs). It looks like in this version, I can make their ship in the Vehicles section, then add it to everyone's sheets - but if they modify anything, it has to be re-added to their sheets. It was just a lot simpler to have one spot. It's not a deal-breaker, but I can't imagine I'm the only person who used it regularly.

Or this version totally has it and I just haven't found it. In which case, please point me at it and I'll swallow my foot.
    Hi,

It is not currently in the rulesets, you are correct. It is the update I am working on at the moment.

I am only waiting for the big FGU update to come through, as I work to make the rulesets compatible with it (should be releases in the coming days i think) and after that I should finish and release this feature.

You will be able to add one of more Party Ships in the party window, and also players will be able to individually share their own ships with other players...

That's fantastic to hear. Your work is amazing and I'm in awe of how great this updated ruleset looks so far. Everyone who has worked on this is a true hero and I have to thank you both personally and on behalf of my players.

Can Story items be transferred over from Classic? I entered a LOT of information (roll result tables, conditions, buying/selling/Rarity, healing information, etc.) by hand and used the Story section as a kind of Compendium so I could throw rules into the Chat to decrease disruptions to the game. But I also know next to nothing about coding and I don't know if exporting a Module with that information is even compatible with Unity. It'd be awesome if I didn't have to re-enter all that info.
    You should be able to export Story entries from FGC to a module and then load them back into FGU, I don't remember about other entry types though.

edit: Were you converting from this ruleset in FGC to FGU? Or are you talking about converting entries from the older SWFFG ruleset to this newer "Genesys" one?
    Last edited by srbongo; December 13th, 2021 at 14:15.
    Games Running:

Does the new release add Force Powers and the Talent and Specialization trees. I have a group that really wants to play Star Wars but without a functional VTT I am not inclined to run anything. Also, if it could import the data from Oggdude so i don't need to retype descriptions that would be ideal.

Just wanna give a shout-out because this ruleset gets more love, affection, retooling, and performance bang than some officially licensed rulesets *cough* Conan *cough* and I am one hundred percent thankful and happy for that. Thanks so much!

Thread Information