STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
    The descriptions part I have working now. However, when I created a campaign to make other things (like Wookie Rage and Unmatched Mobility talents) and exported/imported them, some records just simply aren't there. It's always the same ones. Is it because there's a Wookie Rage ability on the species list in your library? Is it because I had created (but then deleted) these talents and ability? It's just odd that my actions will import 3/5 talents, but never the other 2. It will properly import all Special Abilities I created, except Wookie Rage. I wonder if there's some kind of cache that exists that may need to be cleared?
    Ok first, open that campaign you use to create records, and check those records you are trying to export.
    Make sure they do not belong to an opened module.

When you export a module, it will only export "local" records, it will not re-export records that belong to any opened modules.

You can easly check that looking at the database list

In this attached screenshot example, only the "Night Vision" record is local, so if I choose to export to a module, this is the only one that will show up.

Another good thing to remind you is that you dont have to worry about import/export of descriptions for those records that you created and exported to your module

Import/Export of descriptions is only important for records that belong to opened modules, the ones from sevrick.
    Even though the import/export will also include descriptions from those local records, they are really only going to be useful for recovering descriptions to modules that you downloaded.
    Its intend is to recover the descriptions you created for those records.

special abilities example.PNG

As I have said in previous posts, Fantasy Grounds Unity will receive some big changes by the end of november.
    I am currently working on making sure both Star Wars and Genesys rulesets are compatible with those changes, but the more I see these changes, the more it makes me worry a bit for the future of keeping the rulesets still compatible with FGC.

As you all know, FGClassic is not receiving any updates, FGUnity is the future of this software, and in time, I think it will become more difficult for me to make sure the ruleset still works with FGClassic.

For example

One of the things I needed to fix is related to the new way the right sidebar will be presented, with Collapsible categories.
    Although I did manage to update the code and make the ruleset check if it is running under FGC to disable the new code and use the old code, for some other things it may become difficult.

Another change is that desktop decals will be done differently in rulesets and extensions.
    It will actually become easier for people to add more decals in extensions, in a way that you can have multiple extensions that provide decals active, and have all decals available for use.

The thing is, in the case of decals, it is another place where I would have to keep a special code to handle that, make the decals still work in FGC.

I will do my best to keep it compatible, but I wanted this post to be a warning.

I dont know how many of you are still using FGClassic, and I would really recommend thinking of upgrading to Unity.

Please let me know what you all think

Are you using FGClassic?
    If yes, do you have plans to move to Unity?

One thing is for sure:
    I will probably only be able to provide a new release when the FGUnity update goes Live, even though this next release will still be compatible with FGC, due to the way I did the code in both rulesets identify if FGUnity is running.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    As I have said in previous posts, Fantasy Grounds Unity will receive some big changes by the end of november.
    I am currently working on making sure both Star Wars and Genesys rulesets are compatible with those changes, but the more I see these changes, the more it makes me worry a bit for the future of keeping the rulesets still compatible with FGC.

As you all know, FGClassic is not receiving any updates, FGUnity is the future of this software, and in time, I think it will become more difficult for me to make sure the ruleset still works with FGClassic.

For example

One of the things I needed to fix is related to the new way the right sidebar will be presented, with Collapsible categories.
    Although I did manage to update the code and make the ruleset check if it is running under FGC to disable the new code and use the old code, for some other things it may become difficult.

Another change is that desktop decals will be done differently in rulesets and extensions.
    It will actually become easier for people to add more decals in extensions, in a way that you can have multiple extensions that provide decals active, and have all decals available for use.

The thing is, in the case of decals, it is another place where I would have to keep a special code to handle that, make the decals still work in FGC.

I will do my best to keep it compatible, but I wanted this post to be a warning.

I dont know how many of you are still using FGClassic, and I would really recommend thinking of upgrading to Unity.

Are you using FGClassic?

One thing is for sure:
    I will probably only be able to provide a new release when the FGUnity update goes Live, even though this next release will still be compatible with FGC, due to the way I did the code in both rulesets identify if FGUnity is running.
    This isn't a problem for me. I switched over to Unity the moment I herd they were going to stop supporting it. I don't think it would be worth it to keep updating classic when it's obvious Fantasy Grounds themselves are stopping support for it.

If it wouldn't require doing a ton of work, I would pick a point to where you say this is the last update for classic continue to fix the bugs on it, but nothing new would be released for it. It would be a separate download from the Unity version. That way people who want to play Classic still can, but it might not have all the bells and whistles of the Unity version. In time you may be able to get rid of it all together.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 7th, 2021 at 15:13.

I just got done playing a game and noticed some things:
    • Critical Hits seem to be bugged. When a crit on a vehicle was rolled the gm rolled with a +20 in the modifier and rolled a 9 making the total 29. The crit that was produced though was Component Hit when it should have been Knocked off Course. Looking at the chat 29 indeed showed as the final result.
    • It would be handy to have a place for the current speed in the combat tracker for vehicles. This should be made visible to the PCs vehicle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I just got done playing a game and noticed some things:
    • Critical Hits seem to be bugged. When a crit on a vehicle was rolled the gm rolled with a +20 in the modifier and rolled a 9 making the total 29. The crit that was produced though was Component Hit when it should have been Knocked off Course. Looking at the chat 29 indeed showed as the final result.
    • It would be handy to have a place for the current speed in the combat tracker for vehicles. This should be made visible to the PCs vehicle as well.
    That issue with critical is easy for me to fix... I will also see if i can add current speed in the tracker too

For example

Are you using FGClassic?

One thing is for sure:
    This is fairly sad but understandable news for my group. A few people don't have rigs that can handle unity but I totally understand not wanting to do extra work for an outmoded system. On the other hand making sure you only have to have one release working instead of two is sure to speed up development for the next awesome thing. Appreciate all your work on this Johniba!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    This is fairly sad but understandable news for my group. A few people don't have rigs that can handle unity but I totally understand not wanting to do extra work for an outmoded system. On the other hand making sure you only have to have one release working instead of two is sure to speed up development for the next awesome thing. Appreciate all your work on this Johniba!
    I still think I can keep updating it in a way that will be compatible with both versions for a while, just wanted to throw in a warning.
    So far, I managed to keep the code compatible without any compromises.

If it comes a time I see that cannot be done anymore, I will try to warn before it happens if possible.

I just wanted to say what I said, because from the changes being done in TEST, I do feel it will come a time when both versions will deviate too much, and then, we wont be able to keep the rulesets compatible with FGC

Ok first, open that campaign you use to create records, and check those records you are trying to export.
    Make sure they do not belong to an opened module.

When you export a module, it will only export "local" records, it will not re-export records that belong to any opened modules.

You can easly check that looking at the database list

In this attached screenshot example, only the "Night Vision" record is local, so if I choose to export to a module, this is the only one that will show up.

Another good thing to remind you is that you dont have to worry about import/export of descriptions for those records that you created and exported to your module

Import/Export of descriptions is only important for records that belong to opened modules, the ones from sevrick.
    Even though the import/export will also include descriptions from those local records, they are really only going to be useful for recovering descriptions to modules that you downloaded.
    Its intend is to recover the descriptions you created for those records.

special abilities example.PNG
    Double checked everything. It's just not importing certain records for reasons that I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
    Double checked everything. It's just not importing certain records for reasons that I have no idea.
    I can have a look at the files, you want. If that is the case, you could maybe zip and upload and send me a private message with a link, and I can check for you
    Or if you prefer, we can have a session together over discord and I will help you

I can have a look at the files, you want. If that is the case, you could maybe zip and upload and send me a private message with a link, and I can check for you
    Or if you prefer, we can have a session together over discord and I will help you
    Ok sure I'll send them over. Which ones do you want, specifically? The exported module? Do you need anything from the game campaign?

Thread Information