DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Are signature abilities in any of the libraries? I didn't see them in Special Abilities. I created a new campaign and entered in some abilities like Wookie Rage but it will not appear after exported and imported into the game campaign. Oddly enough, this happens with 2 specific talents I created in relation to Unmatched Mobility. For whatever reason, three talents related to that ability export/import just fine, and two refuse to show up after import.

Updated Libraries

Edge of the Empire Libraries
    • Added Hypersensitive Antennae ability to Kalleran.
    • Removed Starting Skill Ranks from species.

Age of Rebellion
    • Added Lead by Example source book to the libraries.
    • Add Vehicle Combat Traing Talent from the Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook.

Force and Destiny
    • Added One with the Universe and Maskashi Flourish Talents.

The starting skill ranks being removed is due in part to prepping the records for automation input instead.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 5th, 2021 at 00:58.

Quote Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
    Are signature abilities in any of the libraries? I didn't see them in Special Abilities.
    I imagine it would be implemented after Johinba has fished his work on the trees. Witch would be needed for Specializations and Force Powers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I imagine it would be implemented after Johinba has fished his work on the trees. Witch would be needed for Specializations and Force Powers as well.
    Is there any reason you can think of that would prevent me from importing them? I had created these in a different campaign, exported, but not all show up for some odd reason.

Is there any reason you can think of that would prevent me from importing them? I had created these in a different campaign, exported, but not all show up for some odd reason.
    That I am unsure. Johniba would have to answer that. I don't use that feature my self since it isn't need for me be the creator of the libraries.

Are signature abilities in any of the libraries? I didn't see them in Special Abilities. I created a new campaign and entered in some abilities like Wookie Rage but it will not appear after exported and imported into the game campaign. Oddly enough, this happens with 2 specific talents I created in relation to Unmatched Mobility. For whatever reason, three talents related to that ability export/import just fine, and two refuse to show up after import.
    Could you give more details on those items?
    Maybe steps I can use to reproduce, creating them and exporting.

I am interested to see what exactly is happening, and I will help.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Hmm maybe I mistook this for species special abilities...
    Do you have a reference, maybe book+page I can look at this?

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Could you give more details on those items?
    Maybe steps I can use to reproduce, creating them and exporting.

I am interested to see what exactly is happening, and I will help.
    So at first, I created Wookie Rage and Unmatched Mobility as special abilities. I then created some talents for Unmatched Mobility like Duration (Unmatched Mobility), Free Maneuver (Unmatched Mobility), along with the destiny, melee, and ranged talents. I made them all have the (Unmatched Mobility) in the name because I wasn't sure if there were other talents for signature abilities of the same name. All of this was done in the campaign I made for descriptions. I exported them and imported them into the game campaign where items of the same name but no descriptions were created. I thought maybe the description backup would fill them in. That didn't work, and that's when you suggested I create a new campaign for creating things outside of the description backup campaign. So, I deleted the records from the game campaign, created a new campaign, and created everything in there. I then exported two modules: eote_abilities and eote_talents. I imported these into the game campaign. However, not everything imported. Unmatched Mobility was there in Special Abilities, but Wookie Rage wouldn't import. Three out of the five talents I created imported, but two didn't. I've repeated this process a number of times with the same results. Just not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

So at first, I created Wookie Rage and Unmatched Mobility as special abilities. I then created some talents for Unmatched Mobility like Duration (Unmatched Mobility), Free Maneuver (Unmatched Mobility), along with the destiny, melee, and ranged talents. I made them all have the (Unmatched Mobility) in the name because I wasn't sure if there were other talents for signature abilities of the same name. All of this was done in the campaign I made for descriptions. I exported them and imported them into the game campaign where items of the same name but no descriptions were created. I thought maybe the description backup would fill them in. That didn't work, and that's when you suggested I create a new campaign for creating things outside of the description backup campaign. So, I deleted the records from the game campaign, created a new campaign, and created everything in there. I then exported two modules: eote_abilities and eote_talents. I imported these into the game campaign. However, not everything imported. Unmatched Mobility was there in Special Abilities, but Wookie Rage wouldn't import. Three out of the five talents I created imported, but two didn't. I've repeated this process a number of times with the same results. Just not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.
    I see what you mean.
    I believe the issue is that the way the backup/restore of descriptions is executed.
    The "main" records (for example records in the special abilities table, or the careers table) are matched by their internal ID. If the record exists in the campaign, this will be a number, if they are records in a module/library you have opened, they will have a number and the @ sign, followed by the library name

Currently when you restore, that is used as a match for those records.

My suggestion is, if you are creating new records for species, career, etca... create them in a campaign designed only for creating those. Export them into a library file, and open that library in the campaign you will use to play.
    Use those records to populate the character sheets.

Do not worry abour backing up descriptions from those, since your library is yours and wont be shared with anyone, you dont need to actually backup and restore them in any way.

The only time you need to think about using the backup/restore descriptions is if you are populating descriptions that belong to libraries you downloaded, like the ones sevrick shares

Having said all that, I am making the backup/restore descriptions matching a bit smarter. In the next release, it will behave differently:

It will match and restore descriptions not based on the id for the main records, but on different combinations:
    - First it will try to match based on the "name", type (career, item etca) and the "source" field
    - If that does not match, it will look at the source field, and it that contains more than one source separated by comma, it will try to match based on each one of those sources
    - if that does not work, it will only match by name+type

That will make it much more powerful, for example it will even restore descriptions from similar records but different libraries.
    Lets say for example in edge of the empire library we have a lightsaber and you created a description for it, and if it finds other lightsabers from other libraries, those will receive descriptions aswell.

I know this topic is a bit confusing, so let me know if it did not make much sense, i can try to explain in a better way

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I see what you mean.
    My suggestion is, if you are creating new records for species, career, etca... create them in a campaign designed only for creating those. Export them into a library file, and open that library in the campaign you will use to play.
    Use those records to populate the character sheets.
    The descriptions part I have working now. However, when I created a campaign to make other things (like Wookie Rage and Unmatched Mobility talents) and exported/imported them, some records just simply aren't there. It's always the same ones. Is it because there's a Wookie Rage ability on the species list in your library? Is it because I had created (but then deleted) these talents and ability? It's just odd that my actions will import 3/5 talents, but never the other 2. It will properly import all Special Abilities I created, except Wookie Rage. I wonder if there's some kind of cache that exists that may need to be cleared?

Thread Information