DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey so, I have some Idea I have been thinking for some time, to try to improve combat maps for Genesys/SW

I would like to throw here my ideas, to see if you guys can give some feedback and improve on this.

So here is the thing... I really want to add basic automation at least in regards to targetting, and automatically adding defense dice, and maybe even difficulty dice

But for Ranged combat, adding difficulty dice automatically would involve checking range between actor and target on the map... and we all know range in Gen/SW is abstract.

So my idea was to try to make something like this:

Maybe add parameters in the map window, where the GM could configure range bands related to distance/grids:

So, the GM would open a map, and on the right panel under Grid config, they would have:

Engaged : 0-1
    Short: 1-1
    Medium ... and so on

Then, I would modify the code that checks for distance, and based on the config above, I could display in the target arrow linking Actor to Target, the Range distance

I would also be able to read that range, for when automating the distance, and adding difficulty dice to the ranged rolls

But this is just an idea, and I am really interested in hearing from you guys based on your experience playing

EDIT: Maybe I could not only have a list of range bands, but more than one:

One list for ground combat, space combat, sea combat....

Another improvement I have on my wishlist is adding the ability to have vehicle tokens on the map.
    So if you could toggle showing a vehicle/personal token (also displaying some small tokens underneath the vehicle token, to represent who are in each vehicle)
    I like the idea of setting a range band increment. I know different ruleset show how far something is from you in feet. Just not sure if you would be able to have FG check your range increment and let you know automatically what range band you are from a target.

If you could pull this off it would be crazy awesome. So many times my players catch me on inconsistencies with range bands. "I am sorry you can't attack him he's in short range." "But the guy over here 4 rounds ago attacked from the same spot and he was in short range." Yeah that sort of thing would be a non issue if this was added.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    That vehicle issue, I think i fixed it a couple of releases ago.
    Maybe you had an old version of the ruleset?

If you use FGU, and if you manually downloaded the rulesets, to make sure you are getting the latest ones, go to your rulesets directory, delete both rulesets, then make sure you are subscribed for both on the forge, and just make FGU check for updates.
    From now on, FGU users dont need to download manually anymore, since whenever i upload a new version of them, The Forge is updating really quick and making them available right away.
    I'm subscribed, so all my updates happen every time I check in (I update at least once a week or when I see you have an update.)

As for your idea - thoughts - What if it was set up as layer that could be made visible/invisible as needed. It would be a series of concentric circles that could be resized and locked so that it would work with any image being used as a map. It would also automatically recenter based on whatever token has been selected. So when the feature is on, clicking on it you could automatically see who was in what range band. Something like that?

Using Classic Genesys I encountered a problem where the dice symbols were not rendering correctly but instead were giving vowels and foreign letter symbols. Picture included.

Screenshot (77).png

Author is not activated on this campaign.
    Last edited by Xarax; October 4th, 2021 at 08:25. Reason: Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    I'm subscribed, so all my updates happen every time I check in (I update at least once a week or when I see you have an update.)

As for your idea - thoughts - What if it was set up as layer that could be made visible/invisible as needed. It would be a series of concentric circles that could be resized and locked so that it would work with any image being used as a map. It would also automatically recenter based on whatever token has been selected. So when the feature is on, clicking on it you could automatically see who was in what range band. Something like that?
    That is one of the things i was researching yes, saw some extensions that do that.
    I will try to see if i can do this kind of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Using Classic Genesys I encountered a problem where the dice symbols were not rendering correctly but instead were giving vowels and foreign letter symbols. Picture included.

Screenshot (77).png

Thanks Xarax, I will fix this and update today

Screenshot (77).png

Hi Xarax

I have fixed some issues in the SW fonts, and another in the Genesys fonts, for FGClassic

They should be working fine now.

You can also use Author with no issues now, I fixed the incompatibilty

Please re-download both rulesets

awesome. Looks great. looks like it fixed some of the residual issues as well!

awesome. Looks great. looks like it fixed some of the residual issues as well!
    I hope so.
    These are completely new ttf fonts, I think the old ones had some issues i could never find.
    Not only the new ones look clearer (specially in FGU) but the error warnings from the old one when editing in font forge are gone.

Hey all! Great work as always. Trying to catch up with all the change. But good change, so yeah team!

Can you help a brother out with this error message:

SW FF error message.png

Comes up when I click on the icon that pulls up the detail boxes for Talents. Happens with both custom talents and talents drawn from the Talent lists. Of course, these are from the Talent lists from versions long past so maybe that's it? Please and thank you!

Running Star Wars and Genesys RPG versions 2021-10-3, Core v2021-7-06

Quote Originally Posted by kessler25 View Post
    Hey all! Great work as always. Trying to catch up with all the change. But good change, so yeah team!

Can you help a brother out with this error message:

SW FF error message.png

Comes up when I click on the icon that pulls up the detail boxes for Talents. Happens with both custom talents and talents drawn from the Talent lists. Of course, these are from the Talent lists from versions long past so maybe that's it? Please and thank you!

Running Star Wars and Genesys RPG versions 2021-10-3, Core v2021-7-06
    Are those talents in character sheets, or are they in the main database table?

If from the database table, is this from a library you opened? -> if this is the case, you may have to redownload the library (if it is one from sevrick) or recreate the library.

But tell me the steps, and i will check

EDIT:
    I have just uploaded new versions of the rulesets.
    They contain a new slash command for GMs to force the database update

Usually these should trigger and update automatically as needed, but you can use this new command, and see if it fixes the issue for you

- Download both rulesets (either from the google drive repository if you are a FGClassic user, or just click to check for updates on FGU to download them)

After that, open your campaign, and type:

/upgradedb

After the system tells you the upgrade is finished, please try opening the talent records again.

P.S.: if those are talents inside libraries, you will still need to recreated them (if they were done by you) or download new versions....
    Last edited by johniba; October 4th, 2021 at 19:00.

Thread Information