DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hi everyone

So currently there may be an issue with the library names (the libraries created and shared by sevrick) and editing descriptions.
    For now, please do not work on editing any descriptions until we update the ruleset and libraries.

This is to avoid any extra work if you are updating your libraries with descriptions.

As soon as it is fixed, I will let everyone know

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Ok I have removed (SW) and (GEN) from in front of all the library names.
    Thanks Sevrick!

Hi everyone:

So you should all download the latest versions of the libraries.
    If you are working on updating descriptions, open your campaign you created to edit them, and check if you have the descriptions you have updated, by opening a few of the last records you edited, like skills, careers...

If by any chance you dont see them, contact me and I will explain how to recover those.

Moving forward, we are learning a great deal on how FG handles these kind of records and libraries, I will also improve the backup/restore functionality to fix some other issues like the one reported by mossfoot on descriptions not being shared with players, and will upload soon

In the Descriptions Backup window, I could add a new button: "Restore and Share".
    When clicking on it, it would not only restore the descriptions, but also share/make public all those records.

I would of course share only records players are supposed to access like:
    skills, careers, items, etca

I would not automaticaly share:
    - other player characters, npcs...

The only issue I can see are:
    - If you dont want to automatically share everything...
    - I need to check if this would cause any performance issues while a player is connecting to the session and if there are a lot of stuff to share

Another more permanent solution would involve me developing a small program to handle restoring descriptions to the library files themselves.
    That is not difficult to do, but I feel like asking people to download and trust running an external program is not something most people would like, so i am trying to avoid that.
    I have no problem with the Restore and Share idea as you described it. Since I'd want to regularly back up things as I add to them anyway, this would kill two birds with one stone.

But I would like to understand a bit more about how saving everything and restoring everything works.

Every time I save, it's basically creating a copy of all the manually edited stuff in descriptions, and saving it with links to where they go. Then, every time I Restore, it overwrites what is currently in the locations they are linked to. So if you haven't made any changes, it stays exactly the same, but if you've reuploaded your libraries and those areas are blank, it will insert the data, and if you've made changes to data but haven't saved it, you'll lose those changes. Correct?

So this Restore and Share button would be doing both those things... which means even if your intention was just to share, you would want to Save everything first, just in case you made changes to avoid accidentally reverting something. Is that right?

So you should all download the latest versions of the libraries.
    If you are working on updating descriptions, open your campaign you created to edit them, and check if you have the descriptions you have updated, by opening a few of the last records you edited, like skills, careers...
    I'll mess with that AFTER my current session (I could just imagine losing all the skill descriptions I added to surprise my players just before game day :P )

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    I'll mess with that AFTER my current session (I could just imagine losing all the skill descriptions I added to surprise my players just before game day :P )

Oh yes I can imagine, and yes I agree it is good to be cautious

Here is my suggestion later:

Make a backup of your campaign (the one you use to edit descriptions)

Open that campaign, open the latest libraries... see if the descriptions are there.
    If they are missing: close the campaign, contact me. It is very simple to restore them. We can do it in a matter of minutes over discord... or if you prefer, I can send instructions in private too.

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-10-03

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - TTF Fonts Special symbols: Improved spacing on symbols a bit more. They are closer together with less spaces, and should look a bit better when entered in text.
    - Fixed compatibility issues with The Author extension and the ruleset's Backup/Restore Descriptions feature. You can now safely use author even if you are exporting campaign records with no descriptions.

Improvements:
    - Restoring descriptions: When restoring descriptions from the Backup Descriptions database, all records that had descriptions restored will be shared with users (except for records from "GM" tables, like npcs)
    I will try to improve this over time, as probably some GMs will not want to share all, but this is the workaround for the moment, otherwise Descriptions added would not be shared with players.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars
    Last edited by johniba; October 3rd, 2021 at 21:13.

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-10-03

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - TTF Fonts Special symbols: Improved spacing on symbols a bit more. They are closer together with less spaces, and should look a bit better when entered in text.
    - Fixed compatibility issues with The Author extension and the ruleset's Backup/Restore Descriptions feature. You can now safely use author even if you are exporting campaign records with no descriptions.

Improvements:
    - Restoring descriptions: When restoring descriptions from the Backup Descriptions database, all records that had descriptions restored will be shared with users (except for records from "GM" tables, like npcs)
    I will try to improve this over time, as probably some GMs will not want to share all, but this is the workaround for the moment, otherwise Descriptions added would not be shared with players.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars
    I am so excited about the current state of the ruleset. Things are defiantly coming together. Just checked out my descriptions with the new changes and it's perfect.

Can't wait to see Talent Trees and Force Trees. Something that will be a game changer for me.

Just finished a play session. Issues to bring up:

In the combat tracker, the Initiative results can't really be seen, SO many numbers show up that they spill over on either side.

I have a problem in which I would move a vehicle over to my player's vehicle section on their character sheet, but for some reason the weapons added aren't showing up properly.

I get the error "Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_current_vehicle.lua]:13: getPath: Invalid parameter 1

They won't change vehicles and the weapons section shows up blank...

Edit: Huh... updating and reloading the program seemed to have fixed it?
    Last edited by mossfoot; October 3rd, 2021 at 23:10.

Oh yes I can imagine, and yes I agree it is good to be cautious

Here is my suggestion later:

Make a backup of your campaign (the one you use to edit descriptions)

Open that campaign, open the latest libraries... see if the descriptions are there.
    If they are missing: close the campaign, contact me. It is very simple to restore them. We can do it in a matter of minutes over discord... or if you prefer, I can send instructions in private too.
    I made a backup. Update the library. Checked the Descriptions (skill descriptions are still there). Went to Library. Had to re-load the Age of Rebellion et al libraries. Checked the descriptions. Nothing. Pressed Restore All. Checked descriptions. Nothing. Checked Descriptions in the backup. Still there.

Feel free to send me a pmail to tell me how I screwed up

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Just finished a play session. Issues to bring up:

In the combat tracker, the Initiative results can't really be seen, SO many numbers show up that they spill over on either side.

I have a problem in which I would move a vehicle over to my player's vehicle section on their character sheet, but for some reason the weapons added aren't showing up properly.

I get the error "Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_current_vehicle.lua]:13: getPath: Invalid parameter 1

They won't change vehicles and the weapons section shows up blank...

Edit: Huh... updating and reloading the program seemed to have fixed it?

That vehicle issue, I think i fixed it a couple of releases ago.
    Maybe you had an old version of the ruleset?

If you use FGU, and if you manually downloaded the rulesets, to make sure you are getting the latest ones, go to your rulesets directory, delete both rulesets, then make sure you are subscribed for both on the forge, and just make FGU check for updates.
    From now on, FGU users dont need to download manually anymore, since whenever i upload a new version of them, The Forge is updating really quick and making them available right away.

Hey so, I have some Idea I have been thinking for some time, to try to improve combat maps for Genesys/SW

I would like to throw here my ideas, to see if you guys can give some feedback and improve on this.

So here is the thing... I really want to add basic automation at least in regards to targetting, and automatically adding defense dice, and maybe even difficulty dice

But for Ranged combat, adding difficulty dice automatically would involve checking range between actor and target on the map... and we all know range in Gen/SW is abstract.

So my idea was to try to make something like this:

Maybe add parameters in the map window, where the GM could configure range bands related to distance/grids:

So, the GM would open a map, and on the right panel under Grid config, they would have:

Engaged : 0-1
    Short: 1-1
    Medium ... and so on

Then, I would modify the code that checks for distance, and based on the config above, I could display in the target arrow linking Actor to Target, the Range distance

I would also be able to read that range, for when automating the distance, and adding difficulty dice to the ranged rolls

But this is just an idea, and I am really interested in hearing from you guys based on your experience playing

EDIT: Maybe I could not only have a list of range bands, but more than one:

One list for ground combat, space combat, sea combat....

Another improvement I have on my wishlist is adding the ability to have vehicle tokens on the map.
    So if you could toggle showing a vehicle/personal token (also displaying some small tokens underneath the vehicle token, to represent who are in each vehicle)
    Last edited by johniba; October 4th, 2021 at 01:11.

Thread Information