DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Something I noticed when playing was that when I would add strain to a vehicle from the vehicle sheet I would have to unlock it 1st be fore adding it. Same with Hull Trauma. Don't know if this was by design or just did catch it.
    Hmm I didnt implement code to drag/drop strain/trauma to the vehicles, from those two icons at the bottom.

For now people need to edit the damage in the fields...

I will see what I can do

Update: Okay, so the hidden dice finally work (yay!) and the results look much better without the text in the dice bubbles after rolling too.

Skills - Do I have to manually share everything with the players? I'm updating the skills, for example, and have all the Play Load set to allowed... but the Force Load feature that used to be there doesn't seem exist anymore.

WHen I load all the libraries on the player side of things, the skill descriptions still aren't showing up. THis is even after reloading both the GM and Player end of things.

The only way I was able to get the skill description to show up on the player side was to individually "Share" it with the player.

Something else I noticed while doing this. I decided to start a clean slate with the latest libraries, who when I started I only had the three Core libraries up there. However, to make the skill descriptions appear when clicked in a character sheet, I needed to change the descriptions of the Age of Rebellion library, since the character sheet is linked specifically to that one.

Once I started updating and saving the descriptions, I noticed that the Module Activation area now has THREE Age of Rebellion libraries listed - (SW) Age of Rebellion Library, plus Age of Rebellion (No Des) and Age of Rebellion Library.

Presumably only the (SW) Age of Rebellion Library is the only one that needs to be open/loaded, and the others are just saved files of sorts?

Feature request: dunno if this is can only be done here or through the main program, but I find it VERY difficult to grab the sides/bottom of windows like Skills, Images, NPCs, etc... as it feels like it only has a two-pixel grab zone that isn't even directly connected to the window border (just inside it).

Not all windows are like this. Something like Library has a wider range to grab. It seems to be based on the margin inside the window rather than the window frame.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Update: Okay, so the hidden dice finally work (yay!) and the results look much better without the text in the dice bubbles after rolling too.

Skills - Do I have to manually share everything with the players? I'm updating the skills, for example, and have all the Play Load set to allowed... but the Force Load feature that used to be there doesn't seem exist anymore.

WHen I load all the libraries on the player side of things, the skill descriptions still aren't showing up. THis is even after reloading both the GM and Player end of things.

The only way I was able to get the skill description to show up on the player side was to individually "Share" it with the player.
    I am checking about this behaviour on edited descriptions and sharing, and i will get back to you all soon.

It is true, force loading is no longer there either, let me see what i can find out about it.

Feature request: dunno if this is can only be done here or through the main program, but I find it VERY difficult to grab the sides/bottom of windows like Skills, Images, NPCs, etc... as it feels like it only has a two-pixel grab zone that isn't even directly connected to the window border (just inside it).

Not all windows are like this. Something like Library has a wider range to grab. It seems to be based on the margin inside the window rather than the window frame.
    Yeah I dont know why FG is like that, but i will see if there is anything that can be done about it

One trick though: instead of grabing the corner to resize it, try holding CTRL, then left click+hold and drag, from anywhere in the window, and it will also resize.

Something else I noticed while doing this. I decided to start a clean slate with the latest libraries, who when I started I only had the three Core libraries up there. However, to make the skill descriptions appear when clicked in a character sheet, I needed to change the descriptions of the Age of Rebellion library, since the character sheet is linked specifically to that one.

Once I started updating and saving the descriptions, I noticed that the Module Activation area now has THREE Age of Rebellion libraries listed - (SW) Age of Rebellion Library, plus Age of Rebellion (No Des) and Age of Rebellion Library.

Presumably only the (SW) Age of Rebellion Library is the only one that needs to be open/loaded, and the others are just saved files of sorts?
    I already told sevrick about this, he will revert back all library names, removing that (GEN), or (SW)
    If you change the internal name (the name displayed in the library list where you choose to load them) FG thinks they are new libraries

Here is my suggestion:

Wait for him to upload new libraries with the definitive names, and after that, I will provide a step-by-step to recover the edited descriptions.

But basically, what you will also have to do is go to your modules directory and locate/delete old versions of the library files too

Hi everyone

So currently there may be an issue with the library names (the libraries created and shared by sevrick) and editing descriptions.
    For now, please do not work on editing any descriptions until we update the ruleset and libraries.

This is to avoid any extra work if you are updating your libraries with descriptions.

As soon as it is fixed, I will let everyone know

Hey mossfoot

So far after testing this, I came to the conclusion that FG understands the edited records (in our case the descriptions) as local data, and the library as shared.

This means that, even if the player loads the library from you after having logged into your session, they will not see the descriptions you customized, unless like you noticed, you share that individual record. In that case, the description will show up properly.

I just thought of a solution, at least for the moment, but I wanted you guys feedback on this:

In the Descriptions Backup window, I could add a new button: "Restore and Share".
    When clicking on it, it would not only restore the descriptions, but also share/make public all those records.

I would of course share only records players are supposed to access like:
    skills, careers, items, etca

I would not automaticaly share:
    - other player characters, npcs...

The only issue I can see are:
    - If you dont want to automatically share everything...
    - I need to check if this would cause any performance issues while a player is connecting to the session and if there are a lot of stuff to share

Another more permanent solution would involve me developing a small program to handle restoring descriptions to the library files themselves.
    That is not difficult to do, but I feel like asking people to download and trust running an external program is not something most people would like, so i am trying to avoid that.

Updated Libraries

Ok I have removed (SW) and (GEN) from in front of all the library names.

Thread Information