DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    @Jobiniba Just a thought for a (hopefully) quick addition with automation to add later: it would be nice if there was a place on the character sheet to keep track of healing item uses. Would also be nice if it just had a button to apply healing from healing item and make it so that a linked item in the inventory would get subtracted.

@sevrick bummed about the foundry rejection...

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @Jobiniba Just a thought for a (hopefully) quick addition with automation to add later: it would be nice if there was a place on the character sheet to keep track of healing item uses. Would also be nice if it just had a button to apply healing from healing item and make it so that a linked item in the inventory would get subtracted.

@sevrick bummed about the foundry rejection...
    Noted... I will write this down for the future

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Sorry guys no go on the Star Wars Libraries in the forge. I was emailed and told that in so many words for this type of library I they would have to get special permission from FFG and they didn't really want to bother with it, since they would have to sift through a lot of legal mumbo jumbo.

So I guess the libraries will have to stay in the cloud.
    Shame, but it's never a big deal to update. I'm more concerned about

1) making changes stick (ie adding descriptions and not losing them next update)
    2) eventually streamlining/removing redundancies. If you're just browsing a list looking for something, having three of the same thing show up all the time is a bit of a pain, while other things only show up once

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Shame, but it's never a big deal to update. I'm more concerned about

1) making changes stick (ie adding descriptions and not losing them next update)
    2) eventually streamlining/removing redundancies. If you're just browsing a list looking for something, having three of the same thing show up all the time is a bit of a pain, while other things only show up once

For 1 - I have already implemented a feature to backup/restore descriptions (check the OP, I have a tutorial video on this)

For 2 - I will see if I can implement a feature to "mass list/delist duplicates", although this one is not a priority right now (finishing spec trees is)

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-10-02

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - (Star Wars) Special symbols and fonts: Fixed an issue where using the "(R)" and other character combinations within "()" would behave as if "(P)" was used.
    Attention: if you edited any entries in your databases between this release and the precious one, please check your texts... For example, specialy "price" in items, I noticed that in Star Wars it is common to use "(R)".
    If you entered any text using "(R)" for example, please re-edit the field to put it back as (R). It will no longer incorrectly be substituted by the Force Point symbol

- Redone all TTF fonts for both Genesys and Star Wars, to make them clearer.
    This font remake also fixed the symbol alignment in FGClassic, finally.

- (FG Unity): Chat: dice results box will no longer display text above the dice symbols (i.e. the white box in the roll result).
    Normally FGUnity displays the dice "type" above those boxes, which is not useful for Genesys/Star Wars.

Improvements:

Important information Currently an incompatibility with "The Author" extension makes the new feature I created for /export databases without any description text not working
    Dont worry! If you do not need to export libraried with no descriptions, The Author will work fine with both rulesets!
    If you actually need to export a library with no descriptions, please disable The Author extension before opening the campaign and exporting.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

New font looks awesome.

I hate to mention this because you have done so much already but would you be able to remove the spaces that are automatically added at the end. Like way you did difficulty [D] I think would be ideal for all symbols. Sometimes symbols end with a period. Also it would give the user more control over the looks and spacing by adding their own spaces.

Keep up the good work and I absolutely love the new font. I didn't know what I was missing until you changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    New font looks awesome.

I hate to mention this because you have done so much already but would you be able to remove the spaces that are automatically added at the end. Like way you did difficulty [D] I think would be ideal for all symbols. Sometimes symbols end with a period. Also it would give the user more control over the looks and spacing by adding their own spaces.

Keep up the good work and I absolutely love the new font. I didn't know what I was missing until you changed it.

That's easy to do, i think
    I will have it for the next release

Yeah i saw that font on a theme in FG, tested with Genesys/SW and I knew we had to use it... it is so much clearer

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    For 1 - I have already implemented a feature to backup/restore descriptions (check the OP, I have a tutorial video on this)
    Thanks, I think I figured that out. Nice to have that extra button

For 2 - I will see if I can implement a feature to "mass list/delist duplicates", although this one is not a priority right now (finishing spec trees is)
    Of course spec trees are a must.

New font is looking good Will test the dice hiding tomorrow.

Oh, did I mention the future idea of having the Party Sheet inventory section distinguish (or filter) based on what is carried and what is simply owned? Would be handy when checking what the party has on them when they're away from their ship.
    Last edited by mossfoot; October 3rd, 2021 at 01:50.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Oh, did I mention the future idea of having the Party Sheet inventory section distinguish (or filter) based on what is carried and what is simply owned? Would be handy when checking what the party has on them when they're away from their ship.
    I think I mentioned something similar in the past, but I think I was wondering if vehicles could have an inventory. Maybe an inventory tab on the side. The thing is, if it was in a party sheet rather than a vehicle, it wouldn't be as versatile as vehicles being able to have their own inventory. In the party sheet you would have only one inventory and that would be for the party ship.

The only reason I mention this is because in a Star Wars game I had several different vehicles. I had my ground speeder which I loaded up, and we had our party ship as well. Vehicles with inventory would have been so helpful. My quick fix was to unequip what wasn't on me and add a location with the name of the ship or vehicle it is on. You can imagine my inventory was quite cluttered.
    Last edited by sevrick; October 3rd, 2021 at 02:26.

Something I noticed when playing was that when I would add strain to a vehicle from the vehicle sheet I would have to unlock it 1st be fore adding it. Same with Hull Trauma. Don't know if this was by design or just did catch it.

I could be imagining it but it looks like Advantage and Threat were already given the [D] space removal treatment.
    Last edited by sevrick; October 3rd, 2021 at 04:22.

Thread Information