DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @Johniba I've been bugging about the black text primarily in the story tab for the futuristic theme that doesnt show up well. Looks like the problem I am having is a bad interaction with the author program, NOT anything that your framework is doing. Sorry for the confusion! There are still the places on the character sheet and the vehicles tab where the text is difficult to read but the story one is ALL author. Thanks again!
    Hey Xarax

I pushed the update today, fixing these issues on the black boxes (except the one that is caused by author like you said)
    Let me know if you find anything still bugged, ok?

So this week I will be working on updating the Actions (weapons, powers) rolls, to allow adding any amount of any type of die, as extras to the roll
    I will also finally activate vehicle sharing

After that, I will focus all my attention on the Specialization Trees and Talents!

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey Xarax

I pushed the update today, fixing these issues on the black boxes (except the one that is caused by author like you said)
    Let me know if you find anything still bugged, ok?
    Checking this over, it seems like the check boxes and rank pips are still not right set to a specific font color, on the Abilities tab the ranked number talents boxes are still set to a specific font color (though this is low priority since you are about to change the whole way talents is done), and the notes tab experience boxes are still set to a specific font color.

Checking this over, it seems like the check boxes and rank pips are still not right set to a specific font color, on the Abilities tab the ranked number talents boxes are still set to a specific font color (though this is low priority since you are about to change the whole way talents is done), and the notes tab experience boxes are still set to a specific font color.
    checkboxes and rank pips are a bit tricky... as they are images.
    I will see if I can find out the exact name they are used in other themes, and rename mine... maybe that will allow themes to fix them.
    Now, ranked number talent boxes... are you on star wars or genesys? did you download both?

It is a bit strange, it shows ok here.

checkboxes and rank pips are a bit tricky... as they are images.
    I will see if I can find out the exact name they are used in other themes, and rename mine... maybe that will allow themes to fix them.
    Hope it's an easy fix.

Now, ranked number talent boxes... are you on star wars or genesys? did you download both?

It is a bit strange, it shows ok here.
    I am using the genesys ruleset for classic. Haven't checked the unity version yet as I am not running my game on that platform.

Screenshot (70).png
    Screenshot (71).png
    Last edited by Xarax; September 24th, 2021 at 02:03. Reason: added pictures

Loving the new features it's a real elegant solution to import/exporting. I am still doing some testing but so far everything is working.

Also I am wondering if it is possible to import and export images that are in the description. I understand if it is too complicated but Author has a feature where you can add images to your campaign then link them to story entries. The impressive thing is you can export the module while unchecking Images and story and checking Reference Manual. When you open the exported module the image and story entry are no longer in the database but stored in the reference manual. Not sure how he did this.

This is purely a brain storm. Don't feel in any way obligated to make this happen.

All said and done just looking for away to add images to Items with out having the image database cluttered.

Edit:
    • Also Careers have no scroll bar.
    • Can I assume that summery in the talents section refers to what it says in the actual tree apposed to the full description? So it will retroactively be applied when trees are implemented? Because they aren't backed up when you export talents.
    • Also the summary box doesn't allow you to bold text.
    • Attachments don't backup: Use with, Base Modifiers, or Modification Options.
    Last edited by sevrick; September 24th, 2021 at 13:34.

Hope it's an easy fix.

I am using the genesys ruleset for classic. Haven't checked the unity version yet as I am not running my game on that platform.

Screenshot (70).png
    Screenshot (71).png
    Ah ok, thanks for these screenshots, they are very useful to pinpoint the issue.
    I tested only FGU, that is my mistake
    I will surely fix them in FGC and release a patch soon

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Loving the new features it's a real elegant solution to import/exporting. I am still doing some testing but so far everything is working.

Also I am wondering if it is possible to import and export images that are in the description. I understand if it is too complicated but Author has a feature where you can add images to your campaign then link them to story entries. The impressive thing is you can export the module while unchecking Images and story and checking Reference Manual. When you open the exported module the image and story entry are no longer in the database but stored in the reference manual. Not sure how he did this.

This is purely a brain storm. Don't feel in any way obligated to make this happen.

All said and done just looking for away to add images to Items with out having the image database cluttered.

Edit:
    • Also Careers have no scroll bar.
    • Can I assume that summery in the talents section refers to what it says in the actual tree apposed to the full description? So it will retroactively be applied when trees are implemented? Because they aren't backed up when you export talents.
    • Also the summary box doesn't allow you to bold text.
    • Attachments don't backup: Use with, Base Modifiers, or Modification Options.

This looks like a really nice idea, and yeah I will check how to export images too.

Also:

- I will fix the careers with a scrollbar
    - Looking at the summary field, yeah i didnt remember why I created it, but for sure it is for the text box description in Talent Trees.
    Also this field is internally just a text box and does not support formatting...

So here is an idea, let me know what you think:
    I can make summary into a full formatted text field (it will allow bold etca), and also put it in backup/restore
    So for now, do not input any info in summary, until I change it into formatted, text...

For attachments, I will put those fields in the backup too

This looks like a really nice idea, and yeah I will check how to export images too.

Also:

- I will fix the careers with a scrollbar
    - Looking at the summary field, yeah i didnt remember why I created it, but for sure it is for the text box description in Talent Trees.
    Also this field is internally just a text box and does not support formatting...

So here is an idea, let me know what you think:
    I can make summary into a full formatted text field (it will allow bold etca), and also put it in backup/restore
    So for now, do not input any info in summary, until I change it into formatted, text...

For attachments, I will put those fields in the backup too
    Sounds good. Yeah backing up summary as well is a good idea since it will have copyrighted material in it.

Please add a way to restore the notes on the character sheets.

I lost hundreds of lines of descriptions due to the update, and that really damn sucks.

EDIT 1: The new update is unusable for me, because ALL descriptions of EVERYTHING is gone.

That's just outright terrible. All my custom-made special abilities had their descriptions wiped. All of my NPCs had their notes wiped. The data is still there, just isn't grabbed and displayed on the sheet because of the internal change.

EDIT 2: Nevermind that. Just please change the variables back. Why would you change them in the first place? Just to be uniform? But why?

You just do not change variables like that when people are already using the software. You just outright "deleted" any and all notes written on special abilities, PCs, NPCs, etc.
    Last edited by DraaGulFireclaw; September 24th, 2021 at 18:21.

Thread Information