FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Basically put the description on to its own page taking this:
    Attachment 49156

And putting it into one of these:
    Attachment 49157

I hope that makes what I am talking about a bit more clear.

This is exactly how I am doing it now and I get you can set up a "spellbook" by setting these up before hand, which works great. But what about casting these abilities on the fly? Currently the framework process goes a little like this:

Click Attack and it adds the casting skill + 2 purple-> check how many purples Blast adds->1? Add a purple to the pool manually-> Check how many Blast adds->1 purple and a blue? add them to the pool manually ->check how many Close combat adds -> 1 red? -> add a red to the pool manually->That everything? Roll? Roll. ->Result.

My thought to improve this process would be to have all the possible spell effects nested beneath the initial spell or have it activate a pop up window with the possible additions to that spell that could be added in just a few clicks and would allow you to on the fly ready the spell you want to cast for any situation with just a few clicks:

-Attack (add 2 purple die + character's casting skill),
    -Fire (add the number of purple normally required for this attack spell addition automatically),
    -Blast (add the number of purple normally required for this attack spell addition + a blue because of a magic item that always gives a blue for blast automatically),
    -Close combat (add a Red because caster is unpracticed on this spell effect automatically), etc.
    - and then click roll, and have THAT be how the spell casters populate the spell action's dicepool.

Naturally the player or GM would need to set these up individually but once they were set up spells could be as easy as a few clicks: Attack -> Fire-> Blast -> Close -> Roll -> Result

As long as I am pie in the sky dreaming here, it would be great if the generated result looked for spell effects that were activated: for instance in the above roll lets say that the dice pool generates 3 successes and 3 advantage. This provides the damage total same as if it were a weapon, and then lets you know something like: "you may spend 2 advantage to activate the blast effect."

Hopefully this adequately describes what I am imagining. Thanks again for all your work on this! Hope it helps.
    So you are wanting a link to quickly reference the spell description in the action tab? What I do is use the Author extension and add the Core Rulebook. Which means I can quickly access any rule I want and link it anywhere links can be placed. Normaly I place them in the tool bar for rules to quickly that am going to use that session. That being said if all you want to do is add is the spell description that is do-able as well and wouldn't take that much time to do. If you wanted it in the action tab just link it in the description of the spell. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by sevrick; September 16th, 2021 at 02:44.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Edge of the Empire Libraries
    • Fixed Defenses of NPCs to reflect the changes made to the order.

Age of Rebellion Libraries
    • Added NPCs and Vehicles from the Adventure in the back of the Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook I missed.
    • Added NPCs that were ungrouped from Fully Operational to Age of Rebellion Library group.

Force and Destiny Libraries
    • Added NPCs from the Adventure in the back of the Force and Destiny Core Rulebook I missed.

All Genesys Libraries
    • Add (GEN) at the Beginning of the name of the libraries in FG so that they are easier to find.

I also altered the SW in front of the Star Wars Libraries from SW to (SW), to be more consistent with the Genesys Libraries.

I still need to correct the defense zones for the Genesys Libraries. That should be done soon. Just forgot it as I was writing this post. oh well
    So are the libraries now being automatically updated with the subscription like johniba's ruleset? Or do we still need to add them in separately?

So you are wanting a link to quickly reference the spell description in the action tab? What I do is use the Author extension and add the Core Rulebook. Which means I can quickly access any rule I want and link it anywhere links can be placed. Normaly I place them in the tool bar for rules to quickly that am going to use that session. That being said if all you want to do is add is the spell description that is do-able as well and wouldn't take that much time to do. If you wanted it in the action tab just link it iNow n the description of the spell. Hope that helps.
    No, none of this is what I am looking for. You were closer with the spell wizard idea.

What i suppose it boils down to is being able to have a dice box in the actions tab that will add dice without attaching a skill but will add dice to the already existing dice pool.

Click once on the basic spell (attack, barrier, conjuring, etc) and then click once on each the spell augmentation I wish to include.

• So click attack. It does exactly what it does right now-- it adds difficulty entered on the spell and the skill attached to the casting.
    • Now i want to add blast, so i would click on the blast entry and it would add dice to the already generated dice pool from the previously generated attack pool NOT try to create a whole new dice pool attached to that skill.

Yes, I know I can create an attack that has blast already worked into it. That isn't the point nor is it convenient to do every for every possible combination. What I am suggesting is to try to make the interface work the way casting works as simply as possible. Choose your spell, add your augments, roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    So are the libraries now being automatically updated with the subscription like johniba's ruleset? Or do we still need to add them in separately?
    As far as I know you still have to download the libraries them through the cloud.

So on the character sheet is the Portrait section supposed to represent the player themselves instead of the character they play? When I click on it it gives a different range of images to use (I just use the characters own token for them anyway). Does anyone use it for that purpose?

I ask in part because I wonder if the Portrait button could be made to function differently (or if there is any desire for that). I had mentioned before perhaps adding a tab exclusively for a "hero portrait" of the character (players like that sort of thing) but maybe the portrait button could be modified for that instead?

As far as I know you still have to download the libraries them through the cloud.
    Good to know (might want to see if there is a way to add them to the same subscription?)

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Good to know (might want to see if there is a way to add them to the same subscription?)
    I have not put the libraries in The Forge yet.

I will check some things, and see if I can

I just signed up for the forge and can add the libraries I think. I will do it if I can.

Hey everyone, so I am testing a feature we wanted for a long time:

The ability for you to export/import descriptions to all records in libraries.
    This feature will allow people to keep their edited descriptions, and whenever they download new libraries and/or start a new campaign, they can sync those descriptions, keeping their hard work intact

I will also see that we have a feature in the /export code, to allow the creation of libraries without description, hopefuly making Sevrick's work easier.

This is great because this solution can be done from FG itself, and does not need an external program like I was thinking I could end up needing to create.

I will keep you all updated, but this should be in the next release soon.

So you are wanting a link to quickly reference the spell description in the action tab? What I do is use the Author extension and add the Core Rulebook. Which means I can quickly access any rule I want and link it anywhere links can be placed. Normaly I place them in the tool bar for rules to quickly that am going to use that session. That being said if all you want to do is add is the spell description that is do-able as well and wouldn't take that much time to do. If you wanted it in the action tab just link it in the description of the spell. Hope that helps.

I should start doing that... creating a library module for when I play again, it is a good idea.

Thread Information