FG Spreadshirt Swag
    If you need somthing temporary I have in the past just added the dice pool to one of the shortcut bars at the bottom. It can also store auto magic advantage and such. I am not sure if it still works. It may have been when were able to drag dice that this was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    This is actually quite easier than adding to the attachments, and I do think I can add this to the next update!
    SWEET!

I mean, I think most of the other effects of attachments can simply be added in directly to the device, such as damage improvement.

Other effects would simply have to be kept track of by the player (like optics removing setback dice under certain conditions)

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    If you need somthing temporary I have in the past just added the dice pool to one of the shortcut bars at the bottom. It can also store auto magic advantage and such. I am not sure if it still works. It may have been when were able to drag dice that this was possible.
    Thanks, I'll look into that next session

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    SWEET!

I mean, I think most of the other effects of attachments can simply be added in directly to the device, such as damage improvement.

Other effects would simply have to be kept track of by the player (like optics removing setback dice under certain conditions)
    I am currently working on the Party Sheet (it is starting to look really cool!)
    I think since this will probably take me the weekend to finish, I will release it once it is done, and then work on this. If it looks like I can add the extra dice quick, I will try to also release with the party sheet (otherwise, i will release that feature, and work on the extra dice)
    That way I release more often, like I used to.

Party sheet will have some nice features, like allowing players to share/enter other vehicles... and also a page for GMs to handle duty/etca...

After the Party Sheet, and the Extra dice for weapons, before I work on Specialization and trees, I think I will make some improvements in the Powers sheet.
    I want to add features like allowing it to maximize/minimize... and maybe who knows allow powers to be made into shortcuts to the shortcuts bar at the bottom of the screen.

Roadmap

So the roadmap for the recent future is:

- party sheet features
    - extra dice/effects to weapon rolls
    - Improve the Powers sheet
    - Specializations and Talent Trees

After that, there are two features I am thinking of adding to the rulesets, but I would like the opinion of everyone on which should be done first:

- Make the ruleset calculate spent experience when creating/improving a character (this one would effectivelly allow people to create chars really quick)
    - Start working on automation (automatically add defense dice to rolls, automatically upgrade difficulty dice when npc has adversary talent, and also maybe other dice from talents)
    - Allow adding Spaceship/vehicle tokens to the combat map, and also display small icons showing who are inside those spaceships/vehicles

Videos and tutorials

Also, I think in a few days I will record a couple of tutorial videos. These are long overdue. I always postpone recording them thinking "I will do it when i finish everything" but if I am frank, if I think like that, videos will never be released!

So, here is my idea:

I will record a few videos, each focused in one thing:

- Setup: Small video explaining how to setup the ruleset and modules. This will be a really simple and quick video, mostly targeted to people that are not comfortable yet with doing this kind of stuff.
    In this video I will explain how to subscribe/download the rulesets, how to download and activate libraries. Simple stuff

- Features and Ruleset walkthrough: Video explaining all the features added to the ruleset. This is mainly showing all the Genesys and Star Wars specific features, how they work (this will probably be a video I will re-record once in a while when i add more stuff to the ruleset)

- Advanced video So we all know we cannot share full libraries for official books, containing full descriptions and rules. We leave that to each person to edit and add that info and that way avoid copyright issues.
    One problem though is that whenever you download a new version of the libraries, you could loose your work, the stuff you added to descriptions.
    So this video will be a quick guide, showing how to create a "dummy" campaign, use that campaign only to add/edit descriptions... and then showing how to use that data and update your current and future campaigns, so that you can have your descriptions even if you download new library files.

I do want to finish a small program though that would take those edited descriptions from the "dummy" campaign, and merge them into a new library file...(meaning that everytime you download a new library, you would run the program, and it would merge your work on descriptions to a new library, one you would use instead of the downloaded one.

This last one, this program, I will see if I can create soon!
    Last edited by johniba; September 4th, 2021 at 04:34.

I am very excited about the party sheet as a GM and I’m also looking forward to the revamped talent tree system, especially for Star Wars since that’s what I plan on running as my next game.

After that I think the automation would be the most helpful for players and gm’s, then maybe the exp tracking after that. But that’s just my vote on it. You guys are doing great work and it’s very much appreciated.

Awesome! Seconding automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    I am very excited about the party sheet as a GM and I’m also looking forward to the revamped talent tree system, especially for Star Wars since that’s what I plan on running as my next game.

After that I think the automation would be the most helpful for players and gm’s, then maybe the exp tracking after that. But that’s just my vote on it. You guys are doing great work and it’s very much appreciated.
    It's all good. But XP tracking is very handy I think, not just for character creation, but in the long run. I've had glitches happen regarding XP over the last year and at this point I'm not even sure if the XP listed on character sheets is accurate for what their skills levels are.

It's all good. But XP tracking is very handy I think, not just for character creation, but in the long run. I've had glitches happen regarding XP over the last year and at this point I'm not even sure if the XP listed on character sheets is accurate for what their skills levels are.
    For sure I will add a way to track xp. Actually I want to make it in a way that the process of creating the character can be done directly in the ruleset, with no need to calculate anything, or use an external app.

The good thing is that it doesnt seem like i need to change a whole lot of things to make it work, i just wanna design it in a way that is simple, and does not require someone to watch a video or read a guide to use

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    For sure I will add a way to track xp. Actually I want to make it in a way that the process of creating the character can be done directly in the ruleset, with no need to calculate anything, or use an external app.

The good thing is that it doesnt seem like i need to change a whole lot of things to make it work, i just wanna design it in a way that is simple, and does not require someone to watch a video or read a guide to use
    Yeah, once you have the Specialization and Talent trees added, you've basically got all the pieces in place for that next step, right?

Yeah, once you have the Specialization and Talent trees added, you've basically got all the pieces in place for that next step, right?
    You are correct!
    The way I intend to add specialization and talent trees will be an important part to work on the automatic calculation of experience, so that is why I think it is important I add this first.

By the way, my work with the party sheet is going smooth.
    Tomorrow is a holiday here, so this will probably speed up things in the ruleset development!

Thread Information