DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Hey guys just thought I would let you know what's going on with my updates and future plans and home made project involving star wars and this ruleset.

Awhile back I asked if anyone was interested in my random NPCs project. Some said they were so with Johnibas permission I will add it to the modules. That project has now expanded to include random weapons, items, gear, and vehicles tables. In order to do this I need a database of all equipment ever released for this system and organize it by Rarity and price so that I may then assign appropriate percentages on chances to get. By the time I am done you should be able to roll up random shops on the fly and have it populate based on where the shop is. For example a core world is more likely to have rarer goods available then say an outer rim world. You could also use this as random a random treasure table not unlike DnD.

I have been compiling this list as I add each supplement to the libraries. I have been getting behind in this, and so have been taking some time to get caught up.

Also the next update will have a lot of consistency and typo fixes along with Cyphers and Masks. I am embarrassed as to just how many I found. That should come out some time before the end of this week.
    I am loving these ideas! I find relying on a player's rolls to find items to be a bit on the painful side, having a set store inventory is more fun for me as a GM.

Hey guys just thought I would let you know what's going on with my updates and future plans and home made project involving star wars and this ruleset.

Awhile back I asked if anyone was interested in my random NPCs project. Some said they were so with Johnibas permission I will add it to the modules. That project has now expanded to include random weapons, items, gear, and vehicles tables. In order to do this I need a database of all equipment ever released for this system and organize it by Rarity and price so that I may then assign appropriate percentages on chances to get. By the time I am done you should be able to roll up random shops on the fly and have it populate based on where the shop is. For example a core world is more likely to have rarer goods available then say an outer rim world. You could also use this as random a random treasure table not unlike DnD.

I have been compiling this list as I add each supplement to the libraries. I have been getting behind in this, and so have been taking some time to get caught up.

Also the next update will have a lot of consistency and typo fixes along with Cyphers and Masks. I am embarrassed as to just how many I found. That should come out some time before the end of this week.
    This is a very cool idea Sevrick. Very Smooth. Hope there is one eventually for the core or even just a template on how to do it ourselves with our own material. Top notch stuff!

As of now when I release updates to the libraries your descriptions will get overwritten. For now your best bet would be to hold off on adding descriptions until Johniba is able to apply the Import/Export function planned.

I know it's a hassle but what I do is add the descriptions to the game I am running on a as needed basis, after dragging what I need over from the libraries.
    It's all good! We're still running the game on Classic. There's a few more things I'd like to see before making the jump to Unity. You guys are really doing a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    This is a very cool idea Sevrick. Very Smooth. Hope there is one eventually for the core or even just a template on how to do it ourselves with our own material. Top notch stuff!
    I can upload the open office spreadsheet with the list of all the equipment grouped by Rarity and price so people can add their own values to percentage rolls if they choose. As soon as Its complete that is.
    Last edited by sevrick; May 25th, 2021 at 15:39.

So is there a way to set a default setting for NPC skills in Genesys. Because right now as it stand you have to click which setting it is everytime you create an NPC. Also any NPC you are making is going to have the same setting.
    Last edited by sevrick; May 27th, 2021 at 02:16.

Quote Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
    So if we download these files, and update descriptions with book text - what happens when you release an update? Do our descriptions get overwritten when we refresh your files?
    In addition to what other have replied here, I do have a plan to create a feature in the ruleset that will make backing up and restoring the descriptions you do, to make it easier to update modules.

For now unfortunatelly, there is no automatic or easy process.

hey Sevrick sure go ahead!

The only thing I would suggest is that any homemade/custom stuff would go into a separare module, so it will make it easy for people to choose what they want

So is there a way to set a default setting for NPC skills in Genesys. Because right now as it stand you have to click which setting it is everytime you create an NPC. Also any NPC you are making is going to have the same setting.
    Right now here is how the ruleset behaves:

- If there are no setting records (either in the campaign itself or through opened modules), it will use the default list (how it worked before)
    - If the ruleset finds only one setting, it will use that one.
    - If there are more than one setting record, it will present you with the popup window to choose one.

I think I will create a ruleset configuration, so the GM can choose a default one, to skip the popup, for the next version

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Right now here is how the ruleset behaves:

- If there are no setting records (either in the campaign itself or through opened modules), it will use the default list (how it worked before)
    - If the ruleset finds only one setting, it will use that one.
    - If there are more than one setting record, it will present you with the popup window to choose one.

I think I will create a ruleset configuration, so the GM can choose a default one, to skip the popup, for the next version
    Hmm it seems to still asks even if there is one setting, because it ask if you want the default or, in my case Realms of Terrinoth. I think it my count the default setting as 1 and the Realms of Terrinoth as the 2nd and so asks.

I got a problem and for the life of me, I cannot remember if I ever got an answer to this, so.... help!

So ever so slowly I've been working on setting up my own module to get some Star Wars action going but the dice symbols DO NOT WORK for players. Instead of seeing a symbol, they see "normal" ascii symbols. Was this ever addressed and I am dumb forgetting, or this an issue for others? Any idea why this happens? Does it matter we use different language setup for our keyboards, since we're from different countries?

Thanks

EDIT: Thought I should clarify, that the symbols that do not work, is in text, not chat. For instance any talent, with a description with the dice symbols in it, will look... not right.

Thread Information