DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    What do you think about this:

Lets say I have a Tier 1 Rank 1 talent...
    I drag another copy of the same Talent into the character sheet, from the database....
    The ruleset sees that, and automatically create the new talent there, like you said rank 2 now... so now it lists two lines with the same talent, but one rank1, one rank 2

I think when I do this, it would probably be better to sort the talent list back to Name instead of rank
    Then I can add a summary below talent, showing how many from each tier the character has
    I think this would work but I would leave it sorted by tier rather than name.

Saeval's suggestion could work well too!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Notes for quality of Life updates based on gameplay:
    1. Personal and vehicle tokens seem to be connected to a table that does not exist. I have the tables populated elsewhere but perhaps a way to drag and drop the tables into the tokens once we populate our own onto the tokens so that there are no issues with copyright? (no way am I an expert of that).

If you'd prefer these suggestions to be put into a DM let me know, but I will certainly continue making suggestions for these as we come across things in game. Thanks again for all you are doing!
    Hi, I am going back on the thread and looking for all suggestions and issues reported that I might have missed.

This one here I dont understand what you mean, can you maybe give me more details?

I ran a test here, Opened one of the Token packs I have, and dragged a common character token from there into a vehicle belonging to a character

This is how it is displayed in the database:

<token type="token">tokens/dwarf_female_rogue_a_01.png@Character Tokens</token>

So it stores just like a normal token from the character.

Maybe I didnt understand your question...

I think this would work but I would leave it sorted by tier rather than name.

Saeval's suggestion could work well too!
    Ok, we can play around with some ideas. I will see what i can implement, we can test and improve until we see it is good

Hi, I am going back on the thread and looking for all suggestions and issues reported that I might have missed.

This one here I dont understand what you mean, can you maybe give me more details?

I ran a test here, Opened one of the Token packs I have, and dragged a common character token from there into a vehicle belonging to a character

This is how it is displayed in the database:

<token type="token">tokens/dwarf_female_rogue_a_01.png@Character Tokens</token>

So it stores just like a normal token from the character.

Maybe I didnt understand your question...
    My apologies. This is referring to the Character and Vehicle Critical Hit Tokens, which I neglected to mention in my post--not character and vehicle tokens which is what I wrote...

My apologies. This is referring to the Character and Vehicle Critical Hit Tokens, which I neglected to mention in my post--not character and vehicle tokens which is what I wrote...
    Ah! ok... So in the last update, I have decided to add descriptions to critical results, so for now we are fine. In the future I will try to create a customizable table, if people want to create their own critical tables...

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-04-04

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - Item and Item Attachments: Price field in will no longer convert special code (like "(F)" for example) into Genesys/SW symbols. This is so we can use (F), (R) in that field, to represent "Restricted", etca
    - PC and NPC Combat tab: Removed "underline" format from Special text (this affected FG Unity only)
    - Added missing fields: Source and Source page to Attachments, NPCs, and Tables database records
    - fixed an error message when clicking on a Special Ability record (FG Unity only issue)

Improvements:
    -- Character and NPC Sheets: When dragging and dropping Species/Archetype into the character or npc sheet, it will automatically copy from that Species record all Attributes, Starting XP, Special Abilities, etca, into the sheet.
    -- Star Wars only: Items and Item Attachments: rearranged order of fields in the record sheet, to make it easier to enter information from the books (using the same order as they are displayed in the books)
    -- Star Wars only: Item Attachments: added "Emcumbrance" field. (please notice encumbrance from attachments is not yet being calculated in the character sheet... i will fix this in the next release)

- Character Sheet: Improved the layout in Notes tabs. Added More fields to notes tabs (gender, age, height, build, hair, eyes, notable features...)
    - NPC Sheet: Improved the layout in Notes tabs. Added Source/Source Page fields to notes tab.

As always, you can download the updates here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

P.S.: Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

P.S.2: I have already started to update the rulesets to make them compatible with the FG Unity Themes that FantasyGrounds is selling in their Store (for example the Future Theme)
    This is actually really good, as testing these themes help me in fixing some layout and themes in Genesys/SW rulesets
    Last edited by johniba; April 5th, 2021 at 02:49.

Here's my two cents regarding keepning track of talents:

I would have a simple bar at the top of the talents window, with 5 number fields. Tier 1 - 5 labels. As long as number 1 is higher than 2 and so on, you're good. It doesn't even have to be automatic really, you just need an easy way to track things, as you add them.

This is for genesys only. If we get any way to keep track of specializations, it shouldn't be necessary.
    Last edited by viresanimi; April 5th, 2021 at 09:12.

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-04-04

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - Item and Item Attachments: Price field in will no longer convert special code (like "(F)" for example) into Genesys/SW symbols. This is so we can use (F), (R) in that field, to represent "Restricted", etca
    - PC and NPC Combat tab: Removed "underline" format from Special text (this affected FG Unity only)
    - Added missing fields: Source and Source page to Attachments, NPCs, and Tables database records
    - fixed an error message when clicking on a Special Ability record (FG Unity only issue)

Improvements:
    -- Character and NPC Sheets: When dragging and dropping Species/Archetype into the character or npc sheet, it will automatically copy from that Species record all Attributes, Starting XP, Special Abilities, etca, into the sheet.
    -- Star Wars only: Items and Item Attachments: rearranged order of fields in the record sheet, to make it easier to enter information from the books (using the same order as they are displayed in the books)
    -- Star Wars only: Item Attachments: added "Emcumbrance" field. (please notice encumbrance from attachments is not yet being calculated in the character sheet... i will fix this in the next release)

- Character Sheet: Improved the layout in Notes tabs. Added More fields to notes tabs (gender, age, height, build, hair, eyes, notable features...)
    - NPC Sheet: Improved the layout in Notes tabs. Added Source/Source Page fields to notes tab.

As always, you can download the updates here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

P.S.: Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

P.S.2: I have already started to update the rulesets to make them compatible with the FG Unity Themes that FantasyGrounds is selling in their Store (for example the Future Theme)
    This is actually really good, as testing these themes help me in fixing some layout and themes in Genesys/SW rulesets
    Thanks for this. I am so glad to see another update. With the next library release I should have all the descriptions emptied out and ready for an import/export feature, along with Endless Vigil Source book.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Thanks for this. I am so glad to see another update. With the next library release I should have all the descriptions emptied out and ready for an import/export feature, along with Endless Vigil Source book.
    Hi Sevrick

By the way, how much work is it giving you to empty the descriptions before exporting?
    I ask you this because I could add a hidden command so you can use, and it would empty all descriptions, before exporting.

It is not a full feature for the next stuff I want to make, but maybe it would be faster then the process you do now?

Let me know and I can do here.

Hi Sevrick

By the way, how much work is it giving you to empty the descriptions before exporting?
    I ask you this because I could add a hidden command so you can use, and it would empty all descriptions, before exporting.

It is not a full feature for the next stuff I want to make, but maybe it would be faster then the process you do now?

Let me know and I can do here.
    I should be fine. It just involves going through each record I have made. Deleting the description then pasting the current source and enter the page numbers. It is a lot of entries to go through but takes like 5 seconds for each record.
    Having a command delete the descriptions would shave off 2 seconds tops, because I still have to add the source and page number. Also I can easily check my work to see if I missed any though the filter.

Thread Information