DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I found a quick work around. Enter something like this in the Attachment after it is on your character

Balanced Hilt
    Mod Options
    * 1 Weapon Quality (Accurate +1) Mod. (Equipped 1 of 1)
    * 1 Decrease encumbrance of weapon by one to a minimum of one Mod. (Failed)
    So, as you know, I am working on those missing features, but at the same time, working on automatically adding characteristics from species, etca.
    I ended up curious to see how 2E, 5E (the rulesets I always research the code to learn more) popup a window, asking for the user to select stuff.

And, looks like that is a very powerful window from CORE, which I am surprised I havent seen being used by a lot of rulesets...

Long story short:

I am working on automating some stuff, for example, those things like asking the user to select among the career skills which ones they want the free skill point(s), and this is very, very similar to what we are discussing here, about the mod options.

So, wait a couple of days, I am getting familiar with this dialog window from CORE, and I will work on a text parser, that will allow us all sorts of nice stuff.

I am also designing a way so that experience will be correctly calculated, effectivelly creating a way for the ruleset to have a character creation....

That’s awesome, I’m running a 2e and also playing in another Pathfinder 2e game and the automated character creation and level up stuff is really cool. I can’t wait to see that in here and the new Talents stuff you’re working on

Some time down the road I think it would be cool to add the ability to add custom dice to your skills. For example the ability to go to your skills and edit your perception skill to add a boost die everytime you roll, since you have uncanny senses.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    So, as you know, I am working on those missing features, but at the same time, working on automatically adding characteristics from species, etca.
    I ended up curious to see how 2E, 5E (the rulesets I always research the code to learn more) popup a window, asking for the user to select stuff.

And, looks like that is a very powerful window from CORE, which I am surprised I havent seen being used by a lot of rulesets...

Long story short:

I am working on automating some stuff, for example, those things like asking the user to select among the career skills which ones they want the free skill point(s), and this is very, very similar to what we are discussing here, about the mod options.

So, wait a couple of days, I am getting familiar with this dialog window from CORE, and I will work on a text parser, that will allow us all sorts of nice stuff.

I am also designing a way so that experience will be correctly calculated, effectivelly creating a way for the ruleset to have a character creation....
    That sounds so good. I am so excited about this.

Some time down the road I think it would be cool to add the ability to add custom dice to your skills. For example the ability to go to your skills and edit your perception skill to add a boost die everytime you roll, since you have uncanny senses.
    Yeah, that would be great.

Seems to me that, that should be covered by Effects or Modifiers.

Yes for sure, I will open up something like that real soon.
    I also want to do some automation, like the example you gave, some traits or even ongoing effects that will add things to the dice roll

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Seems to me that, that should be covered by Effects or Modifiers.
    Exactly, that is what I intend to do...

First I will finish adding missing fields to star wars, add some automation to character creation (like adding characteristics, and other stuff automatic, when selected), also a dialog box like in 5E asking the player to select skills, etca
    After that, I will update my dice rolling code to make use of targetting, so that is a preparation for those things with effects etca

I'm guessing it's not likely, but is there any easy way to transfer the Edge of the Empire character sheets from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset) to this ruleset? Or am I in for a lot of legwork?

I'm guessing it's not likely, but is there any easy way to transfer the Edge of the Empire character sheets from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset) to this ruleset? Or am I in for a lot of legwork?
    If you mean exporting the characters, I don't think that is possible.

Thread Information