FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazallo View Post
    Hello! This is my first time posting on the FG forums. This ruleset is incredible. Having 5E like tables for gear, the automated roll calculator, the combat tracker Genesys style, and even the extra steps of having attachments to not only gear, but vehicles as well! I am really looking forward to restarting a Space Opera game with my group using it.

However, with all that said, I noticed after scaling the UI to 125-150, the dice and symbols get quite blurred. Some of my players (myself included) usually need it scaled up due to FGs standard font size. Is this something I can swap out with image files, or is this strictly controlled via the ruleset?

Hi welcome to the thread! Happy to see you like the rulesets
    About the images, it is possible to create an extension to replace images, but let me take a look into this, maybe i can incorporate higher rez images, and improve this in FGU, without you needing to work on it

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hi welcome to the thread! Happy to see you like the rulesets
    About the images, it is possible to create an extension to replace images, but let me take a look into this, maybe i can incorporate higher rez images, and improve this in FGU, without you needing to work on it
    That'd be awesome! Thank you for looking into it.

I have been coming up with some ideas around Crafting. Some possibilities are:
    • You could add a subtype to Attachments. I would use this for tagging attachments that for grouping 1 advantage bonuses together and 2 advantage together and so on.
    • You could add another numeric box for required advantage.
    • Or something else you had in mind.

You could add a system in game for crafting. Something similar to the new ways to create characters in other official modules. For now I will hold off adding advantage options as attachments until you have made a decision. Have you had any ideas when it comes to implementing this?

Right now I am adding Templates as Items and adding a subtype as "Templates (Brawl and Melee)" for example. So if you are crafting something you could find and filter what you need relatively quickly.
    Last edited by sevrick; May 7th, 2021 at 02:57.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Do you mean for the GM to hide dice rolls? That is in the rulesets already... the little eye icon in the dicebox, below the chat window.
    I tested it out multiple times in different variations. The results are the same:

With the eye symbol crossed out, the percentile dice rolls do not show up on player screens. However, narrative dice will always show results on the players screens, regardless of if the eye is crossed out or not, regardless if whether the dice are added before changing the eye setting or after.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    • You could add a subtype to Attachments. I would use this for tagging attachments that for grouping 1 advantage bonuses together and 2 advantage together and so on.
    • You could add another numeric box for required advantage.
    • Or something else you had in mind.
    I think this would be a really good idea. Star Wars especially makes extensive use of the hard point system, and the genesys system I am currently using makes use of it too. I would definitely appreciate seeing this.

I think there is an opportunity here to kill several birds with one stone. The Genesys Expanded Players Guide has these quick adversary templates. Star wars has crafting templates.

What if you made a new category called "Templates" When creating a new Template you would define the type of template. The template would then populate with the pertinent boxes, much in the same way Items work. You would then add all the changes this template makes to the thing of its type.

For example if I am looking to create a Energy Pistol I would look up the item, which I will add. I make my roll with 3 advantage I would then look at the 3 advantage templates and choose Destructive. The template I would have made ahead of time would only have in it +1 in the damage section. I could drag the template over the Item and it would apply the changes in addition too the damage that is already there. You could also store the template link and name on the item to show how it was altered in crafting. These would be separate from Atachments since you cant alter changes made in crafting, but you can always take off attachments. So there would have to be some sort of distinction between the two. You wouldn't have to have NPC templates be as detailed as character sheets, just enough entries to be able to apply any changes to a PC/NPC stat block. I would be cool to be able to drag talents or weapons with their links onto the template.

If you did this it would apply to so many other things in genesys and star wars. In Geneys you could do the same thing only with NPCs. Not to mention custom made templates such as Zombie template that can be added to any NPC.

You could even remove Special Abilties category and use it for templates instead.

Adding a stat block that adds on rather then replacing it would be the main objective of having templates.

Yes this might be alot of work but let me know what you think?
    Last edited by sevrick; May 7th, 2021 at 23:37.

I think you are correct @Sevrick. This does seem like a way that we could kill quite a few birds with one stone. Statuses? Check. Bonus and Difficulty dice as a result of armor? Check. Bonuses due to weapons or attachments? Check. Templates added to a PC or NPC... it certainly seems like a really good way to go. In a game as a player in a starfinder game using Roll 20 (not my game, not my choice) however, the character sheet has a section for "Buffs" that allows you to set up anything that would affect your character positive or negative. They also have a convenient check box to activate or deactivate that particular item. Until it is need again. Might be a good place to start looking at code, maybe?

Whatever is decided I can't wait for whatever is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    I think you are correct @Sevrick. This does seem like a way that we could kill quite a few birds with one stone. Statuses? Check. Bonus and Difficulty dice as a result of armor? Check. Bonuses due to weapons or attachments? Check. Templates added to a PC or NPC... it certainly seems like a really good way to go. In a game as a player in a starfinder game using Roll 20 (not my game, not my choice) however, the character sheet has a section for "Buffs" that allows you to set up anything that would affect your character positive or negative. They also have a convenient check box to activate or deactivate that particular item. Until it is need again. Might be a good place to start looking at code, maybe?

Whatever is decided I can't wait for whatever is next.
    Not sure we are talking about the same thing. It seems you are talking about temporary status effects. I am talking about having the ability to make custom loadouts ahead of time that you can slap on a Weapon, Armor, Item, or NPC. Adding status effects to PC's would probably be different as they are temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Not sure we are talking about the same thing. It seems you are talking about temporary status effects. I am talking about having the ability to make custom loadouts ahead of time that you can slap on a Weapon, Armor, Item, or NPC. Adding status effects to PC's would probably be different as they are temporary.
    I think what you are suggesting could be tooled to do both.

Just realized you could add Cybernetics as Templates as well, and it would fit rather nicely since it isn't exactly an attachment.

Thread Information