DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    I've been digging through this thread and didn't see a clear explanation on how to backup things before an update. So, let's say I have a campaign going and I've updated descriptions of items, etc with the book descriptions. Now, an update is released. If I update, my work would be overwritten. I saw a post that sounded like it suggests having a separate campaign or something with my descriptions? I'd be grateful for anyone to explain how to do it properly. There's just so many darn pages on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
    I've been digging through this thread and didn't see a clear explanation on how to backup things before an update. So, let's say I have a campaign going and I've updated descriptions of items, etc with the book descriptions. Now, an update is released. If I update, my work would be overwritten. I saw a post that sounded like it suggests having a separate campaign or something with my descriptions? I'd be grateful for anyone to explain how to do it properly. There's just so many darn pages on this thread!
    Johniba made a video about the feature which can be found here

Hope it helps Bazutti!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Johniba made a video about the feature which can be found here

Hope it helps Bazutti!
    Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for!

Thankz Xarax for sharing the video

Bazutti, make sure to follow my suggestion in that video, create a campaign specifically to update descriptions. Use it only for that.
    Then, everytime you update your descriptions, export the backup descriptions database into a library, and whenever you start/continue with a campaign for actual play, open that library and use the restore feature

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Thankz Xarax for sharing the video

Bazutti, make sure to follow my suggestion in that video, create a campaign specifically to update descriptions. Use it only for that.
    Then, everytime you update your descriptions, export the backup descriptions database into a library, and whenever you start/continue with a campaign for actual play, open that library and use the restore feature
    It was super easy to follow. Did a quick test with two descriptions and it worked perfectly! Now I just need to figure out the best way to get items from the Classic campaign to Unity because I really don't want to copy/paste and recreate it all, but that's outside the scope of this project. Really appreciate the effort you're putting in here.

Any chance you're looking to add a player ship or something similar to what's in the Classic set?

It was super easy to follow. Did a quick test with two descriptions and it worked perfectly! Now I just need to figure out the best way to get items from the Classic campaign to Unity because I really don't want to copy/paste and recreate it all, but that's outside the scope of this project. Really appreciate the effort you're putting in here.

Any chance you're looking to add a player ship or something similar to what's in the Classic set?
    Unless you have created custom items, I believe most of what you need is already going to be found in Sevrick's libraries.

Regarding ships, players and npcs can have any number of vehicles and can enter and control one at a time.

What I am activating soon are:
    - Party vehicles: these are going to be one or more vehicles that belong to the party.
    - Sharing personal vehicles: you will be able to mark one or more of your personal vehicles as public, and other players will be able to embark/use them, and even have multi-crew

Unless you have created custom items, I believe most of what you need is already going to be found in Sevrick's libraries.

Regarding ships, players and npcs can have any number of vehicles and can enter and control one at a time.

What I am activating soon are:
    - Party vehicles: these are going to be one or more vehicles that belong to the party.
    - Sharing personal vehicles: you will be able to mark one or more of your personal vehicles as public, and other players will be able to embark/use them, and even have multi-crew
    That's fantastic, I look forward to the update!

@Johniba Ran into a bit of a curiosity. My players could not see the party inventory tab. There was none according to their report, and all of them are use to using it. At your leisure, low priority and all that. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @Johniba Ran into a bit of a curiosity. My players could not see the party inventory tab. There was none according to their report, and all of them are use to using it. At your leisure, low priority and all that. Thanks again!
    Hi Xarax

By default, the party inventory tab is not shared with players. You can change that in settings, "Party: Show inventory to clients"

Hi Xarax

By default, the party inventory tab is not shared with players. You can change that in settings, "Party: Show inventory to clients"
    Awesome Many Thanks!

Thread Information