FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 62 of 282 First ... 1252606162636472112162 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @Johniba Question about how the items work regarding Hard points: I've been working on adding some campaign specific gear that has hard point attachments but I can't seem to get the gear to display any kind of hard point counter. It's easy enough to just add the number of hard points available on one of the empty fields but I am wondering if I was just missing something or of that's just not a feature.

Also sometimes, (and strangely enough only sometimes I end up getting this error message when I set up links to Item attachments in the item dialogue box.

Typically Deleting and reapplying it to the item makes it work again.

Thanks again for all your doing with this!

I will see about the errors, plus i still need to add code to properly drag attachments to items, it is not working yet.
    I need to add another field to items that will tell how many total hardpoints are in use, and the existing hardpoints field to automatically calculate total hardpoints based on encumbrance

I will see what i can so about that

I had an idea for the AE symbol. What if you put the symbol in a library while in FG. Then opened that exported module and looked at the code to see what it used for that symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I had an idea for the AE symbol. What if you put the symbol in a library while in FG. Then opened that exported module and looked at the code to see what it used for that symbol.
    I did that... it is a codepage issue really. In the xml file in the database, it will show two escaped character codes that form the AE char... but if i try to add this to the code, it will display garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I will see about the errors, plus i still need to add code to properly drag attachments to items, it is not working yet.
    I need to add another field to items that will tell how many total hardpoints are in use, and the existing hardpoints field to automatically calculate total hardpoints based on encumbrance

I will see what i can so about that

I fixed the error message, but i still need to code so dragging attachments into an item works...
    For now, do not drag attachments to items or even somewhere else... you will need to create attachments manually into items

It might be a few days until my next update... i may be able to release these features soon, but most probably closer to the weekend...

I may work on finishing the species (add special abilities to it), special abilities, and add dragging attachments into items, and postpone again vehicles, for a bit

I will after that focus on finishing vehicles, add other stuff to the sheet (motivations, favors etca)

After that, i will probably start in parallel the star wars ruleset, at least the first version
    Last edited by johniba; August 11th, 2020 at 22:30.

Updated Libraries

I forgot to add the Hard Points to all the Weapons and Armor. They should be fixed now. For the equipment that didn't have a listed HP I used the core rules and give them a HP equal to half of their encumbrance rounded up.

Things of note
    • Weapons and Armor need HP added to the table columns.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 12th, 2020 at 02:40.

I did notice you added a special column in the gear section. I was wondering what you need it for on gear. I could be wrong and missed somthing, but I don't think you will have any gear with weapon qualities.
    I thought about it before adding... and if you prefer i can remove it, but i thought, maybe there's no gear with specials, but maybe someone on a custom setting would create one?
    I dont know

NEW RELEASE! August 12

I know I said I was not going to work on the ruleset... but some small bugs were bothering me :P
    I will probably only make a major release on the weekend, adding stuff like the missing background stuff, and vehicles.

So, this release has small fixes:

1) Items
    - Items list: added Hard Points column to weapon and armor lists.
    - Item attachments: list of attachments on an item now show the attachment name, and the hardpoints required. Please notice currently there is no calculation showing total of hardpoints available versus used....
    - Item attachments can now be DRAGGED from the attachments database into an item!

2) Character / NPC sheet
    - Fixed an error message when you try to drag an attachment into the sheet
    - Abilities: Talents list now show a Rank column: you no longer need to open each talent to check the rank. (Editing the rank still requires opening the record).
    Critical entries also show a column for Severity. Notice that current existing criticals on characters will show up the severity in the description, but new criticals dropped on characters will not.

3) Talents
    - Fixed talents window format.
    - the Rank column will not show up on talents that are not ranked anymore... (visibility will turn on and off based on "Ranked" column)

4) Extensions:
    Fixed error message on all extensions, if player/gm drags a critical into a character/npc sheet.

Please download the latest ruleset and extensions from the drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Last edited by johniba; August 13th, 2020 at 06:15.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I thought about it before adding... and if you prefer i can remove it, but i thought, maybe there's no gear with specials, but maybe someone on a custom setting would create one?
    I dont know
    No you can leave it. I just didn't know if you did it on purpose.

Feature Ideas
    • Genesys Talent Organization: As for something else. This may not be a huge priority but I had an idea of adding subcategories under talents that divide up the different tier talents on the abilities tab. You would only need this for PCs so they can quickly see what tier talents they have and how many they need to get the next tier. You might have to remove it as part of the Star Wars setting.
    • Star Wars Talent Trees: One thing that I always wished the old star wars ruleset had was a talent tree. We would always have to open the books to see what we could buy. I know talent trees are unique for each career but, what if you had a tab on a character sheet that said talent tree. You click on the tab and it shows 5 rows of boxes and in between each box is a toggle-able arrow or line that changes where it is pointing, one for each direction. You would also be able to drag and drop talents into the boxes, maybe even have a little summery like they show in the books. I understand that might take awhile, but just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 13th, 2020 at 01:41.

No you can leave it. I just didn't know if you did it on purpose.

Feature Ideas
    • Genesys Talent Organization: As for something else. This may not be a huge priority but I had an idea of adding subcategories under talents that divide up the different tier talents on the abilities tab. You would only need this for PCs so they can quickly see what tier talents they have and how many they need to get the next tier. You might have to remove it as part of the Star Wars setting.
    • Star Wars Talent Trees: One thing that I always wished the old star wars ruleset had was a talent tree. We would always have to open the books to see what we could buy. I know talent trees are unique for each career but, what if you had a tab on a character sheet that said talent tree. You click on the tab and it shows 5 rows of boxes and in between each box is a toggle-able arrow or line that changes where it is pointing, one for each direction. You would also be able to drag and drop talents into the boxes, maybe even have a little summery like they show in the books. I understand that might take awhile, but just throwing it out there.
    Good ideas, i am writing them down for developing later

For star wars, i already have an idea to create career talent trees...

NEW RELEASE (AGAIN) August 13

- Special Abilities database: you can now create a database of special abilities
    - Species/Archetype database: added Special Abilities. You can create the abilities directly in the Species/Archetype record (if you do not think it will be reused), or drag an existing Special Ability from the database...

Please note:
    For now, when you drag a Species/Archetype into a character/npc, the special abilities that exist in this Species/Archetype is not automatically added, you need to drag them into the sheet (i wil make this automatic later)
    For now also, I do not intent to create any automations for career skills, non career skills etca associated to a Species/Archetype...
    Maybe in the future we can do this, but it is a low priority at the moment so Sevrick, you can update your modules and add Abilities to each Species/Archetype

For GMs that will later update their data with full description, please see the attached example, for how I suggest you do it.

special_abilities.PNG

As always, you can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Last edited by johniba; August 13th, 2020 at 05:24.

Thread Information