DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 27 of 281 First ... 1725262728293777127 ... Last
    I don’t think he’s using Star Wars modules with genesys. I’m pretty sure the discussion was with Star Wars ruleset, as well as my answers, to shed light IN CASE the NPC code was imported from Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    I don’t think he’s using Star Wars modules with genesys. I’m pretty sure the discussion was with Star Wars ruleset, as well as my answers, to shed light IN CASE the NPC code was imported from Star Wars.
    ahhh ok sorry then, i got confused with that.
    But yeah the issue you guys described, i could later look at the sw ruleset code and try to find out why it happens, but if you see the same thing happening in genesys ruleset lemme know

Sevrick reported an NPC bug in Genesys that has similar behavior to the one we were discussing with the Star Wars ruleset. That’s why we were talking about it. Maybe he can clarify exactly what he saw or if he got it resolved.
    Last edited by punisher5150; February 27th, 2020 at 04:18.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Severick reported an NPC bug in Genesys that has similar behavior to the one we were discussing with the Star Wars ruleset. That’s why we were talking about it. Maybe he can clarify exactly what he saw or if he got it resolved.
    Yeah i need details, since i could not reproduce this issue

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I didnt have much time to code, that is why it is taking so long
    The combat tracker is not that hard actually, i only need to customize it.

I will leave other stuff like that extra info in the combat tracker or reorganizing the talents window for later, after i am done creating the missing features.

Did you check my other messages? Can you have a look at my questions? I am concerned with the issues you found, but i need details
    Now I am having trouble reproducing it. I will let you know if it shows up again.

Sevrick reported an NPC bug in Genesys that has similar behavior to the one we were discussing with the Star Wars ruleset. That’s why we were talking about it. Maybe he can clarify exactly what he saw or if he got it resolved.

This is correct.

I think my issues comes from using the 1.1 star wars ruleset, and missing the update when I made the modules. *sigh*. Which is why I really hope this doesn't become an issue. If I misunderstood, my bad. Just hoping to smash bugs before they get out of hand.

I had had no idea the storm this would create. It was one time. It happened like this:
    I had some modules open I know that. When ever I would create a new NPC it would be giving abilties and talets of another npc and only its abilties and talents. I did some testing a bit. Each time I created a new npc it was a different ability and talets. Both the abilities and talets seemed to come from the same sheet. I did try deleting the new record I had just made and make another. I got a new set of random abilities and talets. The same thing happend when i left the record and just made a new record without deleting the one I just made. Also I noticed this happened regardless of which category I was creating them in.

This is a recollection of what happened in the most detail I can remember. Since then i have been trying to duplicate this but havent been able too.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I had had no idea the storm this would create. It was one time. It happened like this:
    I had some modules open I know that. When ever I would create a new NPC it would be giving abilties and talets of another npc and only its abilties and talents. I did some testing a bit. Each time I created a new npc it was a different ability and talets. Both the abilities and talets seemed to come from the same sheet. I did try deleting the new record I had just made and make another. I got a new set of random abilities and talets. The same thing happend when i left the record and just made a new record without deleting the one I just made. Also I noticed this happened regardless of which category I was creating them in.

This is a recollection of what happened in the most detail I can remember. Since then i have been trying to duplicate this but havent been able too.
    This is very interesting, thanks for the details.
    I will look at the code, and try to see what could be the issue, and try to reproduce

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    This is correct.

I think my issues comes from using the 1.1 star wars ruleset, and missing the update when I made the modules. *sigh*. Which is why I really hope this doesn't become an issue. If I misunderstood, my bad. Just hoping to smash bugs before they get out of hand.
    oh no need to apologize, keep them coming!
    This is all good info, even if they are in sw ruleset, it is stuff i can get familiar and get prepared for

So I was working on a campaign and something broke.

When attempting to drop a link into the Notes section of an NPC sheet:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_genesys.lua"]:427: attempt to call global 'shareWindow' (a nil value)

The link I attempted to use, was another NPC. I have the habit of cross referencing NPC's that are connected. But I also tried a story link. That generated errors too, so I guess links are just plain not working yet.

Thread Information