DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 58 of 282 First ... 848565758596068108158 ... Last
    Is there a mechanic yet that allows you to modify or even enter how many hard points a weapon or armor piece has currently built into the framework?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Is there a mechanic yet that allows you to modify or even enter how many hard points a weapon or armor piece has currently built into the framework?
    You just guessed what i am developing right now

I am adding item hardpoints, item attachments.

I hope to also add vehicles

Hopefuly it will be available this weekend!
    Last edited by johniba; August 8th, 2020 at 05:26.

Awesome. So looking forward to this!

Updated Libraries

I have uploaded Realms of Terrinoth and Shadow of the Beanstalk Libraries to include NPCs and the skills for those settings.
    It am still working on Shadow of the Crucible, but I figured to get out what I could.

Things of note
    • Some names have tags in them. That is to remind me that this entry requires something before it is finished.
    • There are several NPC that have weapons that are marked as having one weapon or another. This implies it doesn't have both. For those in that circumstance I put a (or) tag on the end of both of the applicable weapons.

Also I do have the Libraries labeld as (No Descriptions) in the title. This is so I could easily differentiate the version with no descriptions and my own that has descriptions. I did plan on removing this when the libraries are completely done, but it occurred to me not everyone might not want this. So let me know, if you would rather have this removed or not.

Also don't hesitate tell me any typos missing entries so I can fix them.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 8th, 2020 at 14:36.

@Sevrick
    noticed that some of the skills are missing from the Genesys core (No Descriptions) Namely, Brawl, Negotiation, Operating, Perceptions, Piloting and Primal.

@Sevrick
    noticed that some of the skills are missing from the Genesys core (No Descriptions) Namely, Brawl, Negotiation, Operating, Perceptions, Piloting and Primal.
    Oh wow your right. Don't know how that happened. I fixed and uploaded the changes. Thx.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 8th, 2020 at 23:21.

I have no idea how easy or how possible this is, and please if you do decide to do this Johniba put it at the bottom of your to wishlisting, but i was wondering how feasible it would be to have everything you have set up for the NPCs, Just the way it is, and having the display for the NPC sheets exactly like they appear in the books? Ability Scores, Skills they actually have ranks in (preferably dragable to the dicepool) Talent descriptions, Abilities and equipment, all right there, on one neat little front page, fed by the information posted on other tabs. Obviously low priority but would be a very nice ascetic.

I have no idea how easy or how possible this is, and please if you do decide to do this Johniba put it at the bottom of your to wishlisting, but i was wondering how feasible it would be to have everything you have set up for the NPCs, Just the way it is, and having the display for the NPC sheets exactly like they appear in the books? Ability Scores, Skills they actually have ranks in (preferably dragable to the dicepool) Talent descriptions, Abilities and equipment, all right there, on one neat little front page, fed by the information posted on other tabs. Obviously low priority but would be a very nice ascetic.
    Hi,

Actually that is not only possible but something i will do.
    As soon as i finish implementing the missing features, i will revisit the npc sheets.
    It is possible to have a layout for when you are editing/creating an npc, and then have a simple, one sheet display.

What i want to do, is something similar to the layout of a creature card, like the ones star wars and genesys have.

When i work on that, i will show you some examples for your feedback!

NEW RELEASE - August 8

This release has A LOT of changes and improvements.
    (check the attached image for an example)genesys_new_update.PNG

1 - Databases:
    - Item: Added Hardpoints, attachments
    Some limited functionality: attachments need to be manually created in the weapon (meaning dragging and dropping an attachment from the new attachments database is not working, i will fix this later)
    Hardpoints are not auto calculated: per core rules the number of hardpoints in a weapon/armor is half its emcumbrance... i will make this automatic soon.
    Also, there is no "total hardpoints used"... i will create this later too.

- Item Attachments: this is a new database for weapon and armor attachments (and in the future, vehicle attachments?)
    For now, it is not much use, because the feature to allow dragging item attachments into weapon and armor items is not working, but i will work on this for the next release
    So, players will have to create their attachments in their weapons for now.

- Career database: for now it is just the description field, so all info on the career goes into the description

- Species/Archetype: completely redone.
    The record now shows starting characteristics, wound and strain threshold, starting xp
    All other info needs to go to the description field. (you can drag "special abilities" records into the description, so players can easly drag it from there to their sheets later)
    Dragging the species/archetype into a pc/npc will link it, but not auto populate the above fields... for now players need to do that manually

Other Fixes:
    - Added "npc category" column description on GM combat tracker
    - Fixed filter in skills database. It now allows filtering by Characteristics, and Category
    - Dragging a skill from the skills database into pc/npc now works!

- PC and NPC skills: you can now edit the whole record!
    This will allow players and GMs to customize all skills
    Notice that you can delete skills, but once you restart your FG, it will recreate the missing skills from the default list (or setting if you are using one of the setting extensions)

For the next release i will make this much more powerful, and also not needing extensions! I will create a "Settings" database, so players will be able to select a different setting for their characters.
    This will populate all skills for that setting, in their sheets.
    GMs will be able to enable/disable what settings they will allow, and even create their own settings
    (this will also be useful for when i create the star wars ruleset)

Sorry, vehicles database and pc/npc vehicles still work in progress, but almost ready!

You will all notice a big change in the ruleset appearance: I have modified the whole ruleset, using the 5E default skin.
    I will modify it so we have our own Genesys theme soon, but i did this because the 5E xml code is much better to work with, so this will set a good base for future customizations (plus it looks much better than core)

P.S.: we still have a few bugs, which i am aware of, specially in FGU I know several fonts are not displaying in a good size... i will soon fix that.

The new version of the ruleset can be downloaded in the link below.
    Also... please notice that Sevrick recently also uploaded new versions of his modules!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

P.P.S: I have also updated something I feel I should have done a long time ago
    When you start the ruleset, the following information is displayed:

Genesys RPG community ruleset V0.91 (FG 3.3.9+) by John Ibarzabal (a.k.a. Mestre dos Magos), and Sevrick.
    Sevrick's work on his modules are awsome, and i feel like he is an important part of this....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johniba; August 9th, 2020 at 15:37.

Using the Libraries effectively

Making your own libraries
    Step 1: I would suggest getting the Author extension. This allows you to add your own reference manuals like you see in official products. There is too much to explain on how to use that but this link will have the extension and instructions on how to use it.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Project-Author

Step 2: You want to create a New Campaign. Use the Genesys ruleset provided by this forum, and name it as what ever book you are adding. With this example I will use Realms of Terrinoth. To keep organized I put a tag in front of the name so I know that it is only a templete. The campaign title would look like this: (Template) Realms of Terrinoth. If I was to make a campaign that I use to play I would put (Play) in front. Just know you don't have to do this it just helps me keep things organized. Next check the author extension if you are using it.

Step 3: Load up the module I have made that doesn't have descriptions. In this case it would be Realms of Terrinoth (No Des). In the Library menu there is several check boxes. These are the tabs tabs that appear on the right side of the screen. Check which ones you want to see there. Check talents. It will be invisible, that is only because there hasn't been a graphic made for it. It is ok it will still be clickable.

Step 4: Lets open up NPCs as an example for this. You will see a book icon on the right side. This indicates that this record is from an open library. What you want to do is click and drag each entry in the window any where in the window. This will make a copy of them. Notice it doesn't have a book icon. That entry is now part of this campaign you have open and not an external library.

Step 5: Click the drop down box for the group at the top. Click the "/" icon that appeared. Now click the "+" button. This allows you to create a new group. In this case you would name it Realms of Terrinoth. Don't add the (No Descriptions) tag to this one. These ones will have them. Click the "/" icon to stop editing the list. Select (Uncategorized). You should see your list of NPCs you made copies of. Select the group drop down again, this time leave it open. Click and drag each entry onto Realms of Terrinoth. Not Realms of Terrinoth (No Descriptions). You will see it disappear. That's ok. You just moved the entry into the Realms of Terrinoth group. After you have done this to all the records, select the Realms of Terrinoth group. There are all your entries.

Step 6: These are the entries you are going to add descriptions to. However you do it, it doesn't mater copy and pasting from the pdf is how I do it. Note when doing this there will be weird line breaks when this happens just select all the text you copied and press Ctr-J. That will remove your line breaks and you just have to separate the paragraphs.

This method works for items, talents, and NPCs in the same way. Just fallow steps 4 through 6.

Step 7: When you are done adding all your descriptions, go to the chat window and type /export and then enter. A box will appear, I will explain what each area is for:
    File Name: This is what your module name will look like when looking at the file on your computer.
    Thumbnail: When you open up the library in step 3 you may have noticed the small picture to the left of the library. That is what goes here.
    Category: When looking at the libraries that you have open you will see a header in read above. This is that. Any libraries with the same gategory will show under this.
    Author: This is...well the author of the content of this module.
    Read Only?/Player Module: This is if you want the players to have access to this library by default. For example if you were making an adventure module you would want Read Only. If you wanted everyone to have access you would choose Player Module. You can change this later if you so choose.

The next section is a list of check boxes. These are all the categories you want to export. Generaly you can click Select All and be done with it. The exception I would use is when using the author extension, and you are adding story entries for a PDF. In that case I would select all then deselect Story.

Lastly if you have tokens you want to export with the module you would add them here. Any token that is already add to an NPC will be exported as well. This is for tokens that you haven't necessarily assigned to an NPC but may use for this module.

Now click export and your done. You have made a module that now has descriptions.

So now you load up, in this case, your Realms of Terrinth game you are playing and open up the libraries and you will see Realms of Terrinoth library. Click that, not the Realms of Terrinoth (No Descriptions). Now you can access all your content with descriptions.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 9th, 2020 at 18:13.

Thread Information