DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    I tried to test with 3 people creating characters today. They all had the issue.
    After reading your comment i rebooted FG and asked a friend to connect and test to get screenshots.

It worked for him where it was not working 2 hours earlier for anyone a brand new campaign.

This gave me the idea to test the behavior.
    Before that they always connected to me after i switched to this campaign from the campaign i use to create the library.

I then switched campaign, the player joined, the symbols worked again.
    I tried modifying, exporting then launching the campaign, symbols worked again.

I do not have another person to test, but .... That behavior is strange.
    I will check with other players during the week.
    Thank you for trying all that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelk View Post
    My bad for not being explicit enough.
    In any description like skill description field, ability and such, when i use the [] dices symbols or the () results symbols it feels like it does not load forsome players and they get things like ÿ etc...

I use FGU and have no access to FGC to try.
    You know I just read your last message, and then it hit me... I went back and re-read your initial message.

I think we have been chasing the wrong culprit.

If your friend sees things like ÿ instead of the special symbols, the issue is not with your library or the special codes or symbols... the issue could be a theme!

So here is how it works...

In order to make Fantasy Grounds be able to show those special dice symbols, I had to create a new TTF font.
    The ruleset replaces the original FantasyGrounds fonts with those.

The thing is... if someone uses a theme and that theme replace the font in any way, it will cause issues.

Can you check with your friend if they are using any themes (except the star wars one we provide as that one has the fonts)?

Not sure if that could be it... but at this point i am trying to think of everything, heh

And again thanks a lot for all your tests
    Last edited by johniba; April 19th, 2021 at 02:30.

This is good to know, I plan on using the Wizard Desk theme from Fantasy Grounds, I’ll have to check and make sure it doesn’t interfere with the special characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    This is good to know, I plan on using the Wizard Desk theme from Fantasy Grounds, I’ll have to check and make sure it doesn’t interfere with the special characters.
    I checked a few here, none of them caused issues:

Dark, futuristic, light, all worked

so for now i would say it would be an odd one or the other that would specifically change a font..

Worst case scenario, i can always create a special extension that could be loaded on top of a theme, and force the theme to use my fonts and make the symbols work hehe

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    You know I just read your last message, and then it hit me... I went back and re-read your initial message.

I think we have been chasing the wrong culprit.

If your friend sees things like ÿ instead of the special symbols, the issue is not with your library or the special codes or symbols... the issue could be a theme!

So here is how it works...

In order to make Fantasy Grounds be able to show those special dice symbols, I had to create a new TTF font.
    The ruleset replaces the original FantasyGrounds fonts with those.

The thing is... if someone uses a theme and that theme replace the font in any way, it will cause issues.

Can you check with your friend if they are using any themes (except the star wars one we provide as that one has the fonts)?

Not sure if that could be it... but at this point i am trying to think of everything, heh

And again thanks a lot for all your tests
    I will check with them, but I am 99% positive they do not use theme.
    It may be completely FG related and not Ruleset related though.

For example when i modified some text to Bold, exported the module then launched a new session with the module loaded for the players, they could not see the symbols nor the bold i changed.
    When my player seen the symbols yesterday, he also saw all the bold, underlined and such that were added.

Hey Johniba I was wondering if you could add text to the chat for Hits and misses shown after the Name of the Weapon.

This is for people who use syrinscape to trigger sounds based on what appears in chat.

For Example:
    For a hit
    Corellian Cutlass [Hit] - Melee etc....
    For a miss
    Corellian Cutlass [Miss] - Melee etc....

This would let anyone using the syrinscape extension Say when ever you see "Corellian Cutlass [Hit]" play sound "Melee Hit"

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Hey Johniba I was wondering if you could add text to the chat for Hits and misses shown after the Name of the Weapon.

This is for people who use syrinscape to trigger sounds based on what appears in chat.

For Example:
    For a hit
    Corellian Cutlass [Hit] - Melee etc....
    For a miss
    Corellian Cutlass [Miss] - Melee etc....

This would let anyone using the syrinscape extension Say when ever you see "Corellian Cutlass [Hit]" play sound "Melee Hit"
    That is a fantastic idea!
    I will work on that

Hi,

I've been using the star wars ruleset for some time now, and for some reason when i add my players to the combat tracker their names dont show up. The NPC's names show up fine. I'm probably missing something, but im not sure what it is. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks
    Last edited by jeffencourt; April 20th, 2021 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffencourt View Post
    Hi,

I've been using the star wars ruleset for some time now, and for some reason when i add my players to the combat tracker their names dont show up. The NPC's names show up fine. I'm probably missing something, but im not sure what it is. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks
    Hi,

Can you give me a few more details?
    Are you using FGClassic or FGUnity?

What version of the rulesets are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hi,

Can you give me a few more details?
    Are you using FGClassic or FGUnity?

What version of the rulesets are you using?
    I'm using FGU, the rule set is v 2021-04-15.
    Hope this helps! Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information