DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 281 1231151101 ... Last

Genesys RPG Ruleset - FGC and FGU compatible (Fantasy Flight Games RPG)

EDIT: I will from now on always update this original post informing the latest available release.
    EDIT 2: If you are using FG Unity, read below on how to download both rulesets from the new Fantasy Grounds Forge, which will allow you to automatically receive updates!

My TO-DO List (this is a list of requests/reports and some stuff I have on my list to do)

Latest release:
    (If you are using FG Unity and have subscribed to the rulesets in the Forge, they will be automatically downloaded for you)
    Genesys: version 2023-05-01
    Star Wars: version 2023-04-25
    (version format denotes the day of release: year-month-day)

Latest library updates:
    (only available for manual download in the google drive link provided later down in this post)
    Genesys: version 2022-11-30
    Star Wars: version 2023-04-28

Fantasy Flight's Genesys AND Star Wars ruleset

These are two rulesets, both compatible with Fantasy Grounds Classic and Fantasy Grounds Unity

- GENESYS: ruleset and libraries.

- STAR WARS: new ruleset and libraries.
    Please notice for Star Wars, this is a new ruleset, and old campaign data and libraries from the old ruleset (known as "Star Wars EoTE") are not compatible.

How to Download and Install
    Download link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

The above link will always have the latest updates for the Ruleset, Modules and Extensions we are working on.

The ruleset files are named:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

Library and Extensions are listed in specific folders, easy to identify.
    - Libraries - Star Wars
    - Libraries - Genesys
    - Extensions

Attention:The following old extension files are longer compatible! If you downloaded them in the past, please disable (you can also delete them from your extensions folder)
    They are no longer compatible and also no longer needed.
    - Genesys_Keyforge.ext
    - Genesys_Terrinoth.ext
    - Genesys_Android.ext

Fantasy Grounds Classic - Installation steps
    If you are using FG Classic, you will want to download the rulesets, and also optionally the library (module) files.

1 - Download the files from the provided link above.
    2) Open Fantasy Grounds
    3) Locate and click on the "folder" icon (it will be on the top right corner, right under the "X" close icon)
    4) a Windows Explorer window will open.
    5) Save each downloaded file into their respective folders:
    - Ruleset (.pak) files: save them under "rulesets"
    - Library (.mod) files: save under "modules"
    - Extension (.ext): should go under "extensions"

Fantasy Grounds Unity - Installation steps
    If you are using FG Unity, you can subscribe to receive automatic updates for the rulesets.
    Visit the following links where you can find the rulesets and subscribe. Next time you click "Check for Updates" in FGUnity, they will be downloaded, and from now on you should always receive automatic updates whenever a new version of the rulesets is released.
    Genesys / Star Wars Show Regular Dice Extension
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/658/view
    By default, both rulesets now will hide the d4, d6, d8, d12 and d20 dice from the desktop, since they are not used.
    If you want those dice back, download this extension and activate it.
    Library files however are not provided as automatic downloads from the FG Forge.
    You will still need to download them manually whenever a new version is released for those files.

For Library and Extensions, follow these steps for installing them in FGU:

1 - Download the files from the provided link above.
    2) Open Fantasy Grounds
    3) Locate and click on the "folder" icon (it will be on the TOP LEFT corner, right under the "X" close icon)
    4) a Windows Explorer window will open.
    5) Save each downloaded file into their respective folders:
    - Library (.mod) files: save under "modules"
    - Extension (.ext): should go under "extensions"
    - Rulesets (.pak): should go under "rulesets"
    Remember, you do not need to manually download rulesets if you are using FG Unity.
    They are provided in the download link for FGClassic.
    (follow the above instructions to subscribe/download the rulesets in FGU)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ATTENTION: The Star Wars ruleset REQUIRES the Genesys to be present, to work properly. If you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to download/subscribe to BOTH.

Notes
    Sevrick is always working hard in creating and updating Libraries. Whenever a new version of a file is provided he will reply to the thread.
    (I do not update this top message though)

The following extensions have been tested to be compatible with both Genesys and Star Wars FFG rulesets:
    - Better Menus (Forum) (Forge Repository)
    - Author (Forum) (Forge Repository)

Feedback, questions... please reply to this thread.
    Also mention if it is related to Genesys or Star Wars, if relevant specifically to one of the rulesets...

Tutorials:

1)Creating Powers/Spells etca...
    Right now I dont have a full tutorial but I recorded a small video showing a tricky part of the character sheet:
    - How to create a "spell book", power list, etca...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXDPGM1CPdM

2) About Descriptions, libraries and "merging" them

3) Adding Dice and Dice symbols to your descriptions

Both rulesets accept special text code that when you type in a text box (like a description field for example) will replace and show an image representing a special dice, or a dice symbol that shows up in dice.
    While editing a text field, right-click, and you will see a "help" item. Clicking this will popup a window with a simple tutorial explaining how to add symbols to text fields...

4) Creating hotkey shortcuts with dice rolls

https://youtu.be/1uNmAc57yYk

5) Career Specialization Trees
    Part 1 - Creating Specialization Trees
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jw0t-wizO0
    Part 2 - Adding Specializations to Character/NPCs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sef4btFGgL8

6) Star Wars: Force Powers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq3zKHNfXfE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johniba; May 1st, 2023 at 05:02. Reason: trying to edit the title to include new info

I love the Genesys system! If you need someone to test it, I am right here.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I love the Genesys system! If you need someone to test it, I am right here.

Vires Animi
    Thanks Vires!

I will see that I share this with you, we might even get online and run some tests, it will be nice to get feedback from someone else

I have done some cleanup on the code.

The genesys dice system does not interfere with CoreRPG dice rolls:
    I have a /diegen now: something like /diegen 2dAbility+2dDifficulty+bBoon can be executed. This will come in handy with light automation of skill rolls, for example.

It does not interfere with a /die roll, from CoreRPG
    Also, an issue that Warhammer FRP3 and Star Wars have is that "normal" die, when rolled, will not show numbers in them in the chat window.
    I have fixed that... so if I roll a normal die, it shows as expected...

Genesys die does not interfere with normal CoreRPG dice rolls, the ruleset understands when a genesys roll is being done, or a normal die roll (which can be used for anything else)

Storypoints are working: very simple though

As with the dicebox pool, the storypoints chits I imported from the star wars code. I have changed the code so it uses CoreRPG, to remove redundancy in the code.

Tomorrow I will start on the character sheet.

Great work! Looking forward to the finished product.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Best of luck in your endeavor. I know a bunch of players wishing to see this project succeed. In the meantime we have enjoyed playing Android and Realms of Terrinoth using the SW ext.

I too am interested in your progress. I have yet to play Genesys but have played FFG Star Wars extensively, and I know there is a current effort to get SW EotE over to UNITY. If you get the Genesys rule system working with CoreRPG, perhaps someone can create a Star Wars extension for Genesys. And I am not a software coder but perhaps making it CoreRPG based will allow it to port more easily into UNITY.

Also I believe someone (joeblack1863) in another thread was trying to make a Genesys and Star Wars dice font. Maybe you have some info that will help him. That thread is located at:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-OTF-TTF-fonts
    Last edited by punisher5150; January 19th, 2020 at 17:02.

Genesys is just the Star Wars system with the serial numbers filed off, the only thing that needs changing to switch from one to the other is to change the dice symbols and add the force die for the Star Wars game. Change the background and a couple lines of code and voila, you've got Star Wars.

Thanks tons for trying to get a CoreRPG version up and running, that should hopefully be more future-proof than the older non-core version. I'll sleep a bit better for the future of my Star Wars campaign once there's a core ruleset working in Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    Genesys is just the Star Wars system with the serial numbers filed off, the only thing that needs changing to switch from one to the other is to change the dice symbols and add the force die for the Star Wars game. Change the background and a couple lines of code and voila, you've got Star Wars.

Thanks tons for trying to get a CoreRPG version up and running, that should hopefully be more future-proof than the older non-core version. I'll sleep a bit better for the future of my Star Wars campaign once there's a core ruleset working in Unity.

Yeah, I have to agree in part with you, it is one of those situations of "if it works, dont mess with it"

I am learning so much about rulesets and extensions, that I believe I can change those dice symbols very easly in that SW extension (I have done in the Genesys ruleset already)

So why am I still working on this?

Well, the answer is not short, but I will try.
    Looking at the code from the SW ruleset I can see A LOT of left over code from Warhammer one, and I cannot blame the guys who worked on it, if I knew it would take so many hours to work on cleaning the code, and making it use CoreRPG in correct places, I am not sure I would have started LOL

The other great thing about the Genesys ruleset at the moment, is that since it is CoreRPG with the Genesys extra stuff, it works with the new module structure.

Welll, but in the end, I think the best is that having a clean code that uses the standard base of Core, is that it will be so easier to maintaing, in case FFG updates stuff (and they will)

I have not tested the code in FFG Unity yet, but since I only have custom code where needed, it is probably easy to fix once the time comes.

Right now, I have finished part of the character sheet, I think the worst of it is behind me, but I only have 6 more days on vacation and I really want to have a first version before it ends

Ironically, I think I can later work on a SW extension for Genesys ruleset, or I believe the devs on SW ruleset could canibalize the code I worked on, to update SW
    Last edited by johniba; January 20th, 2020 at 05:08.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    I too am interested in your progress. I have yet to play Genesys but have played FFG Star Wars extensively, and I know there is a current effort to get SW EotE over to UNITY. If you get the Genesys rule system working with CoreRPG, perhaps someone can create a Star Wars extension for Genesys. And I am not a software coder but perhaps making it CoreRPG based will allow it to port more easily into UNITY.

Also I believe someone (joeblack1863) in another thread was trying to make a Genesys and Star Wars dice font. Maybe you have some info that will help him. That thread is located at:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-OTF-TTF-fonts
    Thank you so much for all this info!

Yes you are correct, having Genesys use CoreRPG, and since CoreRPG works in unity, means less stuff to fix (only the specific genesys code), to make it work on unity

If I have enough time after i finish the ruleset, I will start testing on unity

I will check that thread, thanks a lot

Thread Information