DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    Ah you did put it in I just wasn't on the latest set for Age of Rebellion. Though now that I got everything updated and I've been putting tables in to the careers. You are missing the "Random Explorer Motivations" in Edge of the Empire
    Thx I will fix that.

I also found that the table for Seeker's Moralities is missing.

Trying to Start a campaign with the Modules that I have edited, and The are empty of the descriptions I added. Tried restore all in description backup, but still empty. I am probably missing something really obvious but can't figure out what. Thanks in advance for the help.

Are you also loading the modules from Sevrick?

Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    Are you also loading the modules from Sevrick?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Trying to Start a campaign with the Modules that I have edited, and The are empty of the descriptions I added. Tried restore all in description backup, but still empty. I am probably missing something really obvious but can't figure out what. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Check if you followed these steps:

- Open the campaign you used to edit the descriptions;
    - Use the "backup all" button in the backup descriptions database
    - Check if the backup descriptions database has records for those descriptions. You dont need to check them all, just check a few.
    - Use /export... and create a module export only with backup descriptions database (and nothing else)

- Open the campaign you are going to use
    - make sure to open sevrick's modules
    - also open your module, the one you exported with descriptions
    - go to backup descriptions database, check if you can see those descriptions you backed up
    - click "restore all"... and check some records in other databases to see if restored

If that does not work, let me know, we can check together to see what happened

/export just the descriptions, is my problem. Thanks Johniba.

Hypothetically, supposing that I wanted to set up a module with no redundancies between the three game systems is there an easy way to that or should I create another campaign, load Sevrick's mods and my own, and then drag and drop the items with descriptions and then delete the originals all one by one? Probably more of an Author question, but perhaps someone on this thread knows.

Hypothetically, supposing that I wanted to set up a module with no redundancies between the three game systems is there an easy way to that or should I create another campaign, load Sevrick's mods and my own, and then drag and drop the items with descriptions and then delete the originals all one by one? Probably more of an Author question, but perhaps someone on this thread knows.
    I know it doesnt help right now but I have thought about how I could make another module that combines everything thing. It seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

As far as how you could do it? They way you are talking about going about it could work but would be impractical. Because we each new update I make you would have to mimic those changes to your own module.

I can play around with the code a bit and maybe copy all the data from the modules and past them into a a new campaign. But I if I did this it would only be after I have finished entering all the books to avoid doing everything twice with each time I update.

For the most part the only duplicates you will see is this will be from multiple core rule books being opened from the libraries. The only other place you will see them will be with the compendium books.

You could do that:
    - open both sevrick and your module
    - use restore all
    - copy all items you want to keep (drag the item, drop in the same database, it will create a local copy
    - after that, if you close sevrick+your module, only the copied items would remain, and you could use the campaign, or even /export all records to a module to reuse

It is quite a lot of work, but that would work. Everytime sevrick updates the libraries, if you wanted to, you would have to recreate these steps....

I think I could try to create a button in the backup descriptions database to do that. I am only not sure if people would get confused using it, but we could try.

I need to test a few things before doing this. I have to check if copying an item like that will not cause issues anywhere in the campaign.
    Every record has an internal ID (a number) that identifies it.

For example, if you are not careful and create a copy of a record, edit the description and backup that record's description, the ruleset will know that description belongs to that particular local record, and not the original one from the library.
    In this case in the future, if you repeat this method, you would see that the description is no longer restored (because the backup/restore could not find that record.

I will try to think of a better way to hide duplicate records....
    Last edited by johniba; July 2nd, 2022 at 15:44.

Also I wanted to ask if any of you are familiar with the Order 66 podcast. A while back they did a show where they combine Genesys vehicle rules with Star Wars. To give star wars vehicle combat a much needed face lift. Anyway they mention how you could do this but you would have to alter the base stats a bit of each star wars vehicle along with a pdf that has somthings to keep in mind. I am going to make a module for my self that has all the vehicles with the stat changes suggested. I was wondering if there would be an interest in that. I could also add the pdf to the module since it is not under copyright. Having it here would just make it easier to have it all in one place.

Thread Information