DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Updated Libraries

Edge of The Empire Libraries
    • Add Special Modifications Source Book.
    • Removed Left over Descriptions in Attachments.

Age of Rebellion Libraries

Force and Destiny Libraries
    • Added Lightsaber Hilt Templates to Items from Endless Vigil.

If you want to search for crafting templates they will be tagged in the Subtype as "Template (Insert Item Type Here)". As for the lightsaber crafting stats for the lightsabers that are assumed to have Illum crystals, I thought it was redundant to have them as well as the hilts with out the crystal when all you would need to do is add the Illum crystal if you wanted those stats. Should Johniba decide to add Templates they should be ready for that feature should the time come.

The descriptions on the "Works with" section on attachments, got too descriptive so as to blur the line between what's allowed and not so to be on the safe side I removed them. Sorry

@johniba just realized that there is no motivation tab on the NPCs. Granted It probably wont be used too often however, for the recurring villains and big bad guys might help to have a place for that just like on a normal PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @johniba just realized that there is no motivation tab on the NPCs. Granted It probably wont be used too often however, for the recurring villains and big bad guys might help to have a place for that just like on a normal PC.
    I already menstioned this to Johniba since Secrets of the Crucible has NPCs with motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I already menstioned this to Johniba since Secrets of the Crucible has NPCs with motivations.
    Yes, I will add those to npcs, should be quite easy

I have already written this in my todo list, should be up on next version

Sorry for the lack of updates this week, I should be sending a new version soon

Hey Johniba just wondering what you thought about the templates idea on the previous post page.

I'm setting up to run an introductory game for my group soon and I'm curious how everyone handles Force Powers for the Star Wars game. Should I add them under the Special Abilities tab since it doesn't seem to be used at the moment or should I put them into the Talents tab under a different group since that's how they are purchased? Are there any plans to use the Special Abilities tab in the future for things that might complicate this down the road?
    I'm going to save this as a data module so I can reuse it so any suggestions would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    I'm setting up to run an introductory game for my group soon and I'm curious how everyone handles Force Powers for the Star Wars game. Should I add them under the Special Abilities tab since it doesn't seem to be used at the moment or should I put them into the Talents tab under a different group since that's how they are purchased? Are there any plans to use the Special Abilities tab in the future for things that might complicate this down the road?
    I'm going to save this as a data module so I can reuse it so any suggestions would be helpful.
    The way I do it for now is add it as a special ability. If It was force move I would name it something like this:

"Force Power: Move" Then I would make use of headers a bold to show what I have as far as upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    The way I do it for now is add it as a special ability. If It was force move I would name it something like this:

"Force Power: Move" Then I would make use of headers a bold to show what I have as far as upgrades.
    That makes sense to me, that’s pretty in like with what I was thinking originally. I’m looking forward to seeing what new updates with the Talents section is coming too.

As opposed to actively removing duplicate items/vehciles/etc from the library, would there be a way to program this so that it will merge duplicates and simply list all the sources for them.

That is, instead of

Backpack / Edge of the Empire
    Backpack / Age of Rebellion
    Backpack / Force and Destiny

it would show up as

Backpack / EotE-AoR-FaD

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    As opposed to actively removing duplicate items/vehciles/etc from the library, would there be a way to program this so that it will merge duplicates and simply list all the sources for them.

That is, instead of

Backpack / Edge of the Empire
    Backpack / Age of Rebellion
    Backpack / Force and Destiny

it would show up as

Backpack / EotE-AoR-FaD
    Probubly not worth the coding it would take if it was even possible. Or Unless I completely change the way modules work.

I will probubly leave it the way it is for several reasons.

1st If I was to make only one item it would have to go into 1 of the 3 modules. Making it confusing and in organized.
    2nd Some of the duplicate items have different descriptions from source to source.
    3rd The duplicates are minimal since the majority of them are from the core rulebooks.

Also I am not sure at what point duplicates become a problem. If it is clutter you are worried about there are many ways of filtering out what you want. Doing it the way I am there is no confusion about where these duplicates are coming from. If you want a backpack simply type backpack in the search and choose which source it comes from.

It might be possible to only show only one when looking at it in a table format. That would something you would have to ask Johniba, but he has a lot of work to do and I don't think this would be a wise investment of his time.
    Last edited by sevrick; May 16th, 2021 at 19:47.

Thread Information