DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    So Sevrick

For the "reference" field here is what I am thinking

I will actually make it like:

"Reference" - "Page" (two separate fields)

This will make it easier to provide filters in the database windows (for example, I could open the Items database, and in the bottom select a particular book as reference and filter and show results from that.

For Star Wars, I will remove the "settings" field, but for Genesys I will ALSO keep the new fields (Reference, Page)

I think the idea is that we could use Reference+page, instead of the placeholder description information (like you do "please look at page x of book y)

In the future, I will try to implement an easy way for exporting into a module with an option to not export descriptions (this could possibly make your life easier, Sevrick)

And also, it will allow me to maybe work on an easy way for people to populate those description fields, maybe using a spreadsheet... but i will talk more about this later.

So for now, I am working on a next version of the rulesets where the missing fields will be available, and then work on improvements (spec trees, auto calc of experience, character building etca)
    That sounds awesome. Especially with option not to export descriptions. As you can imagine my Campaign folder is getting quite full.

Came across a few items for a low priority wish list as I am trying to use the system to run a magic heavy campaign:

1. There is no spells tab (getting kind of crowded on the bar already so i don't know if there is an easy fix). Maybe subdividing Special abilities might be able to work, but I have no idea.
    2. There is no way to drag and drop spells from anywhere onto the character sheet (I would assume the actions tab). This hopefully is something that could be implemented fairly easily looking at the D&D 5e frame work as that allows you to drag and drop spells from the list onto your character sheet, with all the information, attack rolls, effects, etc carried over nice and simple.
    3. Because of the way that spells end up working in Genesys many of the spell effects stack on one another, raising the difficulty of the spell to be cast and adding to the difficulty making it progressively harder. In practice I see the easiest way to cast such a spell using this system woud not be to have a button for Roll Arcana + difficulty but having a way to add the difficulty of multiple spells to the dice pool. (initial difficulty + attack spell difficulty + Blast spell difficulty + fire spell difficulty) + arcana skill = dice pool for fireball.

As i mentioned this is low priority wish listing, not all genres need magic to work smoothly for their setting and anyone who REALLY wants to can just combine all those components and set up "Fireball" as ready to go action... hmmm... that may actually work better and have each player create a story or note that functions as their spell book and any commonly used combinations is what they fill their action bar with...

All this said, @johniba, thank you so much for all the work your putting into this and I hope we haven't become a chore for you.

@everyone else, am I over thinking this? Does anyone recommendations on how they are getting magic running smoothly? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Came across a few items for a low priority wish list as I am trying to use the system to run a magic heavy campaign:

1. There is no spells tab (getting kind of crowded on the bar already so i don't know if there is an easy fix). Maybe subdividing Special abilities might be able to work, but I have no idea.
    2. There is no way to drag and drop spells from anywhere onto the character sheet (I would assume the actions tab). This hopefully is something that could be implemented fairly easily looking at the D&D 5e frame work as that allows you to drag and drop spells from the list onto your character sheet, with all the information, attack rolls, effects, etc carried over nice and simple.
    3. Because of the way that spells end up working in Genesys many of the spell effects stack on one another, raising the difficulty of the spell to be cast and adding to the difficulty making it progressively harder. In practice I see the easiest way to cast such a spell using this system woud not be to have a button for Roll Arcana + difficulty but having a way to add the difficulty of multiple spells to the dice pool. (initial difficulty + attack spell difficulty + Blast spell difficulty + fire spell difficulty) + arcana skill = dice pool for fireball.

As i mentioned this is low priority wish listing, not all genres need magic to work smoothly for their setting and anyone who REALLY wants to can just combine all those components and set up "Fireball" as ready to go action... hmmm... that may actually work better and have each player create a story or note that functions as their spell book and any commonly used combinations is what they fill their action bar with...

All this said, @johniba, thank you so much for all the work your putting into this and I hope we haven't become a chore for you.

@everyone else, am I over thinking this? Does anyone recommendations on how they are getting magic running smoothly? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

The Actions tab works as a spells, powers etca tab...

Here is a step by step on how to create a spells section there:

- Open your character sheet;
    - Go to tab "Actions";
    - At the bottom, click the "Edit" icon (the red circle);
    - Click on the "Add Power" button;

A "Powers" section will open up. You can customize it anyway you want, for example, creating a Spells section. Here is an example

So after you clicked the Add Power, you will notice it created a line for you to fill up some info. Do it like this:

- The first field is populated with text "<new power>". Edit this and give it a name (for example Fireball);
    - To the right of that field, if you hover your mouse, a popup tip will say "Ability Group". Edit this field to a name you want to give to this group of powers.
    In our example, edit it as "Spells";
    - As soon as you move to the last field, notice that now the header in the group will say "Spells". It is because you named the group!
    - Now, on the "last" field, if you move your mouse over it, it says in the tip "Ability Summary". This is where you enter a detailed description of the power/spell etca.
    You can use the special characters like [D], [A].... (S), etca for automatic substitution of dice and dice symbols...

Now, the next part you will add a "dice pool" to your spell. This is the part I believe is kinda hidden, and most people would not realize it exists!
    - right click your "power/spell"
    - Select "Add Action", and then "Add Skill Roll"
    A new line with some fields will show up, fill up like this:
    - In the first field, type the EXACT name of the skill to roll... for example, "Arcana"
    - on difficulty, add a number, this will be how many difficulty dice will be rolled... for example, 2;
    - For range, click until the correct range for this spell is showed, for example, "S", for short

Repeat clicking "add power" or the new "+" sign in the "Spells" bar, to add more spells
    Finish by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom again

In the future, I will make this tab more detailed, adding automatic damage rolls, etca...

I hope it is useful as it is, for now...

P.S.: I made a quick and very crude tutorial on this right now:
    In the future I will make a full ruleset tutorial...

P.S.(2): You can right click and add more than one "dice roll" for each spell/power, for example for spells that you have different modifiers and in case you dont want to have a complete separate spell record, but only different dice rolls+difficulties
    For now I would also add the special effects of the spells in the description (for example Fireball - Blast 1)... later on i will improve this

P.S.(3): By the way, you guys are not a chore! Your feedback inspire me to go on!
    Thank you for the patience waiting for the next release
    Last edited by johniba; January 30th, 2021 at 16:07.

Love the work so far by everyone! Was enjoying the Starwars fg classic version but we have migrated to Unity and I ran into an issue:

I am moving my players characters from classic to unity version. Working the inventory and running into an error: [ERROR] window: Control (encumberancethreshold_label) anchoring to an undefined control (encumberancethreshold) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory_contents)

It doesn`t stop anything and it all calculates just fine, but whenever I load the inventory pages it freaks. Gets bothersome. Any advice?

Also, I noticed the ship icon in the upper left is now gone? Can I get that back somehow?

[Edit] - It does this when I create a whole new character as well instead of calling from exported ones.
    Last edited by Liberiton; February 5th, 2021 at 00:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberiton View Post
    Love the work so far by everyone! Was enjoying the Starwars fg classic version but we have migrated to Unity and I ran into an issue:

I am moving my players characters from classic to unity version. Working the inventory and running into an error: [ERROR] window: Control (encumberancethreshold_label) anchoring to an undefined control (encumberancethreshold) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory_contents)

It doesn`t stop anything and it all calculates just fine, but whenever I load the inventory pages it freaks. Gets bothersome. Any advice?

Also, I noticed the ship icon in the upper left is now gone? Can I get that back somehow?

[Edit] - It does this when I create a whole new character as well instead of calling from exported ones.
    Did you check and make sure items added to the character has a valid encumbrance value. I know decimals, and things like +1, as well as normal numerical numbers work.
    • I would make sure there are no letters.
    • Not sure if it matters but make sure the character has a Brawn rating entered.
    • I would also make sure you have the latest update for Genesys and Star Wars Ruleset.
    • Uncheck an extra extensions just incase they are interfering.
    • Create a new item after updating and see if it works

I will see if I have the same problem when I get off of work.
    Last edited by sevrick; February 5th, 2021 at 14:58.

Hey, johniba, just a thought. When you update the ruleset in the future, can you update the first post indicating when the most recent update was (and maybe a list of most recent feature additions?) That way people checking in after a while can ensure they have the most recent version?

No letters or special characters except for +. The extra extensions aren`t doing it either.

I think it is all due to the import of the FG Classic characters. Found the error (attached image) and it says couldn`t find template (linkednumber) in class (charsheet_inventory_contents).

Also adding a brawn to the new character fixed the error it was receiving. Looks like I need to recreate them manually as the imported file is missing an inventory class. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Liberiton View Post
    No letters or special characters except for +. The extra extensions aren`t doing it either.

I think it is all due to the import of the FG Classic characters. Found the error (attached image) and it says couldn`t find template (linkednumber) in class (charsheet_inventory_contents).

Also adding a brawn to the new character fixed the error it was receiving. Looks like I need to recreate them manually as the imported file is missing an inventory class. Thanks for your help!

Hi, so did you create this character manually, or did you import it? I mean the old ruleset data and the new rulesets are not compatible.
    In the beginning i was trying to keep the same structure, but down the line i noticed it was holding back the development, and I had to stop that, so unfortunatelly there is no way (for now) to import data

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Hey, johniba, just a thought. When you update the ruleset in the future, can you update the first post indicating when the most recent update was (and maybe a list of most recent feature additions?) That way people checking in after a while can ensure they have the most recent version?
    Hi, I will do for sure. I hope I can release something soon, my work is currently taking a lot of my time, but i will soon release a few improvements and missing features, and fixes and I will make sure to properly give new version numbers to make them easier to identify

Any plans to add modifiers? We're running into a LOT of situations that would be nice to have something that automatically adds Setback dice to rolls, etc.

Thread Information