Page 25 of 25 First ... 15232425
  1. #241

    Updated Libraries

    So the Realms of Terrinoth descriptions should no longer give an error.

    Also I Edited the Expanded players guide because the names with weird characters, weren't in the title as well as the culture the item is from.

    And I edited the title so I could differentiate my own library with descriptions and the one to upload. You should be able to easily change the title if you want by editing the definition.xml file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sevrick; February 22nd, 2020 at 00:29.

  2. #242
    I got a really weird bug. When I create a new npc it is created with random talents and abilities of npc I have already made.

  3. #243

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vendsyssel (Denmark)
    Posts
    632
    Oh god no. That is a legacy bug from the original Star Wars Ruleset. It is the worst bug in there!

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Oh god no. That is a legacy bug from the original Star Wars Ruleset. It is the worst bug in there!
    Was that bug fixed in the later version (v2) of the ruleset?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r+Wars+ruleset
    Last edited by punisher5150; Yesterday at 00:53.

  5. #245
    It might be a result of copy pasting code from the star wars ruleset.

  6. #246
    If that's the case I would definitely make sure and use the version 2 of the ruleset from the link above. I've been using that version of Star Wars for a few years and have never noticed an NPC bug like the one you described. It may also help with the vehicles section as I seem to rememebr some changes to that function as well.

  7. #247

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vendsyssel (Denmark)
    Posts
    632
    Oh no, I've been using that version for years. If you make your own talents / species / what not, and put it into a module, the problems come running like crazy.

    EDIT: I double checked the version numbers and seems like I've been using 1.1. Unbelievably both versions has the exact same size, so I think I've not copied the right version in. I will have to look into things now. But if I've struggled with that bug for years because I am dumb... I am going to cry... hehehhe
    Last edited by viresanimi; Yesterday at 01:48.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Oh no, I've been using that version for years. If you make your own talents / species / what not, and put it into a module, the problems come running like crazy.

    EDIT: I double checked the version numbers and seems like I've been using 1.1. Unbelievably both versions has the exact same size, so I think I've not copied the right version in. I will have to look into things now. But if I've struggled with that bug for years because I am dumb... I am going to cry... hehehhe
    I have made numerous modules with version 2 of the ruleset and the behavior described doesn't occur. I do vaguely remember something weird with version 1 of the ruleset and NPCs but its been awhile. I think version 2 came out around May 2015!

    There were several fixes/improvements with the combat tracker, vehicles, etc. You can see a list of them all in the first post of the link I posted a couple of replies up from this one.
    Last edited by punisher5150; Yesterday at 02:47.

  9. #249

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vendsyssel (Denmark)
    Posts
    632
    I have now been testing with modules that I updated from 1.1 to 2.1. "Some" issues have gone but all. I can still get module data that just appears on new NPC sheets. I will grant you, that the campaigns were also 1.1 and updated now, and that there might be things lurking in the campaign code, but well....

    The fact of the matter is that the code from the star wars ruleset has had issues with data being sent directly to npc sheets upon creation and I cannot stress how important I feel that this bug be found and brutally murdered. It is the single most annoying bug I have ever dealt with in Fantasy Grounds (and I've dealt with a few).

    This is like, the most important reason for me to switch to CoreRPG. To not have to deal with the issues of the old ruleset.


    EDIT: I tried some bug hunting. I don't know if this will be usefull, but here goes:

    My current issue is that when I create a new NPC with updated ruleset and module, the first NPC I make if just fine. No issues. The next one has all the data that starts with | Career | now appears in the Species and Special abilities section. The one after that now have the | Force | entries. Followed by | Specializations | in the third and finally | Species | in the fourth.

    NPC's created after those first 5 all seem to be ok.

    This also happens in a brand new campaign with no extensions running. So in my book. Even the 2.1d ruleset probably still has issues lurking somewhere.


    EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that this utter mess used to extend to talents too, but it doesn't now ... much.
    Last edited by viresanimi; Yesterday at 13:18.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in