STAR TREK 2d20
Page 88 of 281 First ... 3878868788899098138188 ... Last
    I gotta say, I'm excited at the prospect of moving my game over to this ruleset. The previous EotE set is good, but no longer updated, which means certain things will never be fixed or completed.

Here's hoping interest stays high in this one to keep you guys motivated

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    [Looks at his avatar]

"This is the way."
    Haha You know it. Friday can't come soon enough.

Well this is amazing, I've spent the last hour reading through this forum and I'm super excited because my group has wanted to play this for a while. Something that I wanted to ask because you guys are all very knowledgeable in this, I'm trying to also play FFG's Legend of the 5 Rings on here and I found something on here that does just about everything I need except I get errors when it tries to load the dice because they're not standard numeric dice. The extension is based on the MoreCore ruleset and replicates everything except the dice.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mplete-things)

This is the extension in case anyone else is interested. I know you guys are hard at work on Genesys and Star Wars but if someone could point me in the right direction on how to replace the dice numbers with the symbols so I can get this working on Unity for our group.
    Last edited by Saeval; October 28th, 2020 at 09:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    Well this is amazing, I've spent the last hour reading through this forum and I'm super excited because my group has wanted to play this for a while. Something that I wanted to ask because you guys are all very knowledgeable in this, I'm trying to also play FFG's Legend of the 5 Rings on here and I found something on here that does just about everything I need except I get errors when it tries to load the dice because they're not standard numeric dice. The extension is based on the MoreCore ruleset and replicates everything except the dice.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mplete-things)

This is the extension in case anyone else is interested. I know you guys are hard at work on Genesys and Star Wars but if someone could point me in the right direction on how to replace the dice numbers with the symbols so I can get this working on Unity for our group.
    I see on that thread you had issues, are those the same issues?

I would need a bit more information to try to figure out, maybe reply again to that thread, and let me know, i will also try to help when i have the time there, but i am sure Damned will be able to help

It works using Fantasy Grounds Classic but Unity is much better and more stable for my group so we're trying to figure out why the dice work in Classic but not Unity. Legend of the 5 Rings spawned from Genesys with a simpler dice system so I was trying to figure out how you got the dice symbols to show up instead of the numbers. I have very limited knowledge with coding and programming and this is definitely beyond my capabilities. That extension was built with MoreCore as the base and I think it would be much easier if i could figure out how to build off of the Genesys system instead. The way the dice pools are created and rolled on Genesys are much more conducive as opposed to the way it's done in that extension.

Although something that is on that extension that is a smart idea for Genesys and subsequent systems built on it is on the character sheet there is a button (speech bubble icon) where after you press it, it will put out in chat the text of what the symbols of your dice pool resulted in. My players (and I) are very dumb and forgetful so having to not reference what the symbols mean everytime would be a huge boon. If there's a way to implement something like that it would be awesome.

screenshot0001.png

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    It works using Fantasy Grounds Classic but Unity is much better and more stable for my group so we're trying to figure out why the dice work in Classic but not Unity. Legend of the 5 Rings spawned from Genesys with a simpler dice system so I was trying to figure out how you got the dice symbols to show up instead of the numbers. I have very limited knowledge with coding and programming and this is definitely beyond my capabilities. That extension was built with MoreCore as the base and I think it would be much easier if i could figure out how to build off of the Genesys system instead. The way the dice pools are created and rolled on Genesys are much more conducive as opposed to the way it's done in that extension.

Although something that is on that extension that is a smart idea for Genesys and subsequent systems built on it is on the character sheet there is a button (speech bubble icon) where after you press it, it will put out in chat the text of what the symbols of your dice pool resulted in. My players (and I) are very dumb and forgetful so having to not reference what the symbols mean everytime would be a huge boon. If there's a way to implement something like that it would be awesome.

screenshot0001.png
    The dice symbols use a clever way to create custom dice, and apply a different image to each side.
    In FGU though, the dice numbers were still showing up in the middle of those symbols, so i ended up creating a ttf font with no characters, to trick us into thinking there are no numbers and so they show ok.

It is possible to create something similar for LFR, and it is actually even simpler than Genesys or SW since it does not have so many different dice.

I can definitelly have a look at this later, who knows we can even start working on a ruleset for it, after i am done with the features in sw and genesys.

I still want to rewrite the dice coding in genesys, because it is still not using 100% best practices, it still uses an old way to communicate dice rolls to the client machines.

(Who knows, maybe i could even one day extract this into a configurable extension, it is an idea....)

Can you maybe send me info on what i need to install so i can run a test on those?

Maybe lets take this conversation to private messages on the forum, and later on, we can create a topic even, so we do not mix with the ruleset information hehe
    Last edited by johniba; October 28th, 2020 at 16:40.

Hey Quick update!

So I made a ton of progress in the vehicle combat!
    The PC can now enter any of his vehicles (soon also shared ones among players) and the stats all show up correctly. The ship stats are also linked, so if a vehicle suffers damage, it will display to everyone who is in the vehicle.
    I still have work to do, but i think the most difficult part is behind me.
    I will see if i can release this on the weekend

I have also done improvements in other places, which i think are small but nice stuff.... cant wait to share this update with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey Quick update!

The PC can now enter any of his vehicles (soon also shared ones among players) and the stats all show up correctly. The ship stats are also linked, so if a vehicle suffers damage, it will display to everyone who is in the vehicle.

I have also done improvements in other places, which I think are small but nice stuff.... can't wait to share this update with you guys!
    Oh wow, that is HUGE. Can't wait!

Can you maybe send me info on what i need to install so i can run a test on those?
    All you need is the updated version of the MoreCore ruleset and the L5R extension from that post.

I’m looking forward to seeing the extra stuff added to Genesys because this is such a cool system. I wish there was an official license agreement with FFG to make this an official ruleset because you guys have done amazing work and I would love to see the copyrighted information attached to all this stuff too.

One of my other players is really excited to run Star Wars so we’re going to start doing some data entry for the content module unless someone else releases something sooner and we can start adding the descriptive text for our home game.

Hey Quick update!

I have also done improvements in other places, which i think are small but nice stuff.... cant wait to share this update with you guys!
    That's great. Is the changes to attachments for the star wars ruleset going to be in the next update?

Thread Information