STAR TREK 2d20
    I don't know what has happened but to be on the safe side I would suggest backing up your Campaign folder before you open it with the update installed. If you can do that. It might be possible for Johniba to upload a previous version to download. So that the information maybe saved in a text document or somthing outside of FG.
    If you havent downloaded the update I would still backup just incase.

I know this doesn't help the rest of you. I am not sure if Johniba has a method of retrieving lost notes or not.

For now I am posting this as a preventative measure just incase some of you read this before. I am not involved with the code so Johnina will have a more accurate picture.

Updated Libraries

All Genesys Libraries
    • Corrected stats that appeared in the descriptions.

So I was going to update the Star Wars Libraries and I noticed that when I try to export it by not checking the Descriptions check box next to Player module, it still exports the descriptions I have made.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So I was going to update the Star Wars Libraries and I noticed that when I try to export it by not checking the Descriptions check box next to Player module, it still exports the descriptions I have made.
    I think I found the issue in the code that removed descriptions, Sevrick.

I think i fixed it, and I am almost done with improving it to handle the talent summary, and the other attachment fields.

This code with backup/restore/export is quite complex, and although i am being careful, please make a manual backup of your campaign directory just in case, ok?

I will probaly release the next version today, with all the fixes involving this
    Last edited by johniba; September 25th, 2021 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by DraaGulFireclaw View Post
    Please add a way to restore the notes on the character sheets.

I lost hundreds of lines of descriptions due to the update, and that really damn sucks.

EDIT 1: The new update is unusable for me, because ALL descriptions of EVERYTHING is gone.

That's just outright terrible. All my custom-made special abilities had their descriptions wiped. All of my NPCs had their notes wiped. The data is still there, just isn't grabbed and displayed on the sheet because of the internal change.

EDIT 2: Nevermind that. Just please change the variables back. Why would you change them in the first place? Just to be uniform? But why?

You just do not change variables like that when people are already using the software. You just outright "deleted" any and all notes written on special abilities, PCs, NPCs, etc.
    Hi DraaGulFireclaw.

I will release a new version today, and will make sure to include code that will restore those notes.

Also, since you have a lot of information added like you said, please make a backup copy of you campaign folder before using the backup and restore, and before using the next update I will upload today, that will upgrade/fix those fields
    I think this is a part of the ruleset that if bugged, can cause issues of data loss. I am working hard not to have data loss, but it is a safety measure.
    Last edited by johniba; September 25th, 2021 at 20:19.

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2021-09-25

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Fixes:
    - Database Description fields:
    Since a few releases back (September 12 and later) I have updated several description fields.
    These changes were in order to speed up the code that backs-up and restores descriptions.
    That unfortunately affected users that had entered data in those fields, making them unavailable.
    This release addresses that.
    When opening the campaign, the ruleset will scan through the database, updating the description field in the following tables, bringing back values entered in the previous versions of those description fields:
    The databases are: PC, NPC, species_archetype, special_abilities, vehicles.
    I apologize for the inconvenience and stress this may have caused some of you.
    It is extremely advisable to backup your campaign folder before using this new version
    I do not expect an issue occuring, or any data losses, as I have tested this new functionality, but it is really safer to have a backup copy.
    If you have any issues regarding this, contact me asap and I will see how I can help.

- Small fixes in formatting several text boxes, to make them compatible with other FFG Themes (like FG Dark, FG Futuristic and many others)
    (P.S.: there are still some issues with FG Classic, and I will fix them on the next release)
    Hopefully the rulesets are now compatible with most if not all Themes designed for CoreRPG or DND5

- Talent record: added scrollbar to the window
    - Talent record: Summary field now accepts text formatting

Improvements:
    - PC/NPC Sheet -> Skills:
    Improved visuals for skills, showing Ability+Proficiency Dice for each skill.
    Displayed Dice also take into account if the character has any temporary modifier on their characteristics.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    You can download both rulesets in the link below
    Make sure to save them in your "rulesets" directory

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link also (even FG Unity, they are not in the Forge)

Updated files:
    - Genesys.pak
    - StarWarsFFG.pak

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars
    Last edited by johniba; September 25th, 2021 at 20:45.

AHHH! The new skills tab interface is gorgeous! Looks so great Johniba!

Classic is still missing proper formatting of experience boxes and and talent ranks but low priority on those.

I did also lose the descriptions for the skills that I had worked on but everything else seems to be in proper order. Also low priority on these.

All and all amazing update Johniba! Are skill rolls able to be dragged from the sheet to the quick bar and adding blue or black dice to the skill bar on the list for the next update? Cannot wait!

Edit: Also noticed that certain formatting in story and table areas have been corrupted:

Screenshot (72).jpg
    Last edited by Xarax; September 25th, 2021 at 22:22. Reason: spelling and clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    AHHH! The new skills tab interface is gorgeous! Looks so great Johniba!

Classic is still missing proper formatting of experience boxes and and talent ranks but low priority on those.

I did also lose the descriptions for the skills that I had worked on but everything else seems to be in proper order. Also low priority on these.

All and all amazing update Johniba! Are skill rolls able to be dragged from the sheet to the quick bar and adding blue or black dice to the skill bar on the list for the next update? Cannot wait!

Edit: Also noticed that certain formatting in story and table areas have been corrupted:

Screenshot (72).jpg

Ah skills, let me check if they had an old description field name, i can also fix those super easy

That one in story, what are those? Dice symbols?

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    That one in story, what are those? Dice symbols?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Yes
    I cannot find any recent update in the code for story and tables.

When did you notice this issue? What was the previous version you were using when you edited those, do you remember?

Also, if you try to edit the field, and add the dice codes ([D] for example) does it display correctly after?

I will need to test this in FGClassic, could be an issue restricted to classic

EDIT:
    Hey Xarax, please download the Genesys.pak again.
    I added skills to the upgrade code, so old descriptions that you edited should show up now
    Last edited by johniba; September 26th, 2021 at 00:29.

Thread Information