5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Don't forget that Unity handles percentile differently...there is a 0-9 and 00-90, so 00-0 is 100 and 30-0 is 30 (just like real dice)
    Please, do not insult my trusty dice. The earliest of my percentiles (i.e. a single d10 I rolled twice ;P) date from around 84 when I believe those oddball 0-9/00-90 dice had already shown up - but I have a partial set and d20 from probably '79-'80.

All my dice are REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yup.

Even as "recent" as 2008 there were a quarter of people preferring a 1-10 units die: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...die-convention

As the gods intended! ... 0 0 = 100. 1 0 = 10. 0 1 = 1.
    (Well, perhaps using 0s and 1s exclusively was a confusing thing for us devs... 0, 2, 1.)

( )

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Please, do not insult my trusty dice. The earliest of my percentiles (i.e. a single d10 I rolled twice ;P) date from around 84 when I believe those oddball 0-9/00-90 dice had already shown up - but I have a partial set and d20 from probably '79-'80.

All my dice are REAL!
    Mine were 2 different colored d10, but those weren't "percentile". I don't recall at any time seeing 1-10 and 00-90 as percentile dice. The only dice I ever saw a 10 on were the 00-90, d12 and d20 (and the oddball dice like d30 or what-have-you). Places to buy dice back then were few and very far between.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Mine were 2 different colored d10, but those weren't "percentile". I don't recall at any time seeing 1-10 and 00-90 as percentile dice. The only dice I ever saw a 10 on were the 00-90, d12 and d20 (and the oddball dice like d30 or what-have-you). Places to buy dice back then were few and very far between.
    My prior comments were just me goofing around. . But since you said your two different colored d10 (YOU had TWO d10? Back in MY day, you had ONE d10 and you were GRATEFUL!... sorry, I'm old and must say things like that contractually...) were not "percentile."

I wanted to point out that you are "right", judging by what I understand the term is expected to apply to nowadays. However, I wanted to point out that when I was playing AD&D and one was told to roll "percentile dice" - the only expected course of action was to pick up a D10 (labelled 0-9) and roll it twice or pick up two different colored d10 and roll once.

So d10s WERE both "percentile" dice and ten-sided dice based on how you used em

Of course I had 2 d10...I had 2 different sets of dice...One that came with D&D Basic edition box and one that came with D&D Expert edition box. Those were the only dice I had for several years, even into AD&D, MERP, RoleMaster, and SpaceMaster years. Now I buy cool sets of dice whenever I feel like I don't have enough dice (which is always!!!).
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information