Starfinder Playlist

Sharing LoS across clients

In my campaigns, most all of the out-of-combat exploration is done by moving a token that represents the entire party instead of 8 different tokens. Is there a way a token's LoS can be shared across clients? Is there a plan for this in the future if not?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    In my campaigns, most all of the out-of-combat exploration is done by moving a token that represents the entire party instead of 8 different tokens. Is there a way a token's LoS can be shared across clients? Is there a plan for this in the future if not?
    There is a new visibility setting in the right-click radial menu: Party vision When the token is added to the party vision then the clients should be able to click on the token to see its vision (PC characters are per default in the party vision, so, you could also assign this token to a placeholder PC which is then clickable when this shouldn't work)

But I am not sure whether or not the token has to come from an entry in the CT, didn't test that

Please correct me when I am wrong

The token does not have to come from the CT. The friendly tokens added from the CT are given public vision setting by the ruleset automatically, but this can also be done for any token by using the radial menu.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The token does not have to come from the CT. The friendly tokens added from the CT are given public vision setting by the ruleset automatically, but this can also be done for any token by using the radial menu.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ah, cool, thanks for the information

Hi,

I don't suppose there's going to be a way to have all PC's LOS displayed, whether all the PC tokens are selected or not? I use FG for face to face play so all the PC token are on one map together and it just seems unaesthetic to keep the LOS state changing. A good addition to this functionality would be to have all the PCs 'explored' areas dimmed out, and just the selected token's live LOS displayed.

I can replicate the first option if I select all the tokens, but then they all move together if they're not unselected, which then hides the other characters' explored areas.

Also, with the new LOS features I'd love to have an option to display LOS and select token automatically when the character is selected in the CT.

And finally, will there be anyway to link the LOS view on my DM instance to that of the Client instance, if that makes sense? I feel like if I select a player's token it'd be useful to be able to force the client map to display it if I want it to?

Maybe this should be in it's own thread?

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by Ludd_G; January 22nd, 2020 at 22:03.

On the player, the default LOS view should be all owned tokens for the current player. If you are using a second instance of FG to connect as a player to the host server instance, and then add each PC; then the default view would be for all PC tokens in aggregate.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information