5E Character Create Playlist
Page 79 of 93 First ... 2969777879808189 ... Last
    Ok, I see where your issue is now. I'll add it to my fix list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I believe that Cleric with the Nature Domain in the PHB is not receiving its bonus heavy armor proficiency as best I can tell.

It won’t be automatically added if it’s in a trait from an archetype.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ahhh - that would be the issue then. OK - thanks Mr. Z sorry for the bother!

Maybe I am just seeing this now, but I don't like it.

When a bonus is added to an attack roll I am not seeing the effect being added to the visible roll. The attack result line does shows the correct result. But visually this isn't appealing since the [HIT] or [MISS] is not what most people look at, me included.

Capture2.JPG

The example shows the initial roll with the effect.

Then we can see a roll without the effect and another with the effect so we can verify that the +2 is added to the checked result, just not to the roll.

Here is another look:

Capture3.JPG

The target AC is 18 and the result shows the success, but the visible roll doesn't.

Is this intended? I don't see where this would be desirable even with multiple targets.
    Last edited by jkagie; November 10th, 2020 at 02:28. Reason: adding pic

I believe that is intended. If you have a straightforward effect such as ATK: 2 then that will get added into the main roll and the big white number will include the effect. If, however you have an IFT statement then that is evaluated after the roll is made. The reason being that if the attacker has several targets selected then the IFT may not apply to all of them so the IFT has to be calculated separately for each target.

And incidentally the HIT and MISS is all that I look at (but I'm the DM so maybe that's why).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, the Golem will get advantage because of their magic resistance. For edge cases like the shatter spell you'll need to press the ADV button just before casting to mitigate that since FG doesn't know that the shatter spell is an exception to the general.
    There might be a way to use IFT in an effect to cause more damage to certain types of creatures.

I assume that this has been reported but the other night we levelled up in FGU. I was able (as the GM) to use the new 5E dialogue to level up the NPC that was tagging along but when the Players did it it created new character entries in the PC box...

It also seems to have had some bad interaction with the Druid Essentials extension as the Druid still had the effect on him (I assume this would also happen if a fighter or someone also had a Belt of Giant Strength or something) but it removed the Effect but permanently changed the character's ability scores. Thankfully I have a backup of the character though.

It sounds like the third party Druid Esssentials extension is not compatible with the level up process; so you'll need to talk to the extension developer to resolve (if possible).

I'll pass on the new entry issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Volo's Guide
    Conjurer
    Dagger has Melee Attack instead of Melee Weapon Attack.

Thread Information