DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 93 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    I figured out the malfunction. I accidentally bought the wayfarer's guide instead of the after the last war. Didn't realize that the old, outdated module was still for sale. The info in that is different, there is no Artillerist, etc. Just bought the actual one I needed and I assume it will function as expected.

I found a typo in Xanathar's "Control Winds" spell entry. Just an extra space in the word "damage".

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    I found a typo in Xanathar's "Control Winds" spell entry. Just an extra space in the word "damage".

Good catch. There's also some extra text just before the "Updraft" title in the XGtE "Players" module, in addition to the "dam-age" typo (that appears in both the DM and players modules).

XGtEP.jpg

Noted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hi Zacchaeus.
    5e Player Handbook (maybe SRD too, I didn't check)
    Spells: Hex
    Wrong Effect Expenditure: [ROLL]

When I drag the Hex spell on to my player character sheet, the "Expend" property of the Effect is set to "On next roll" instead of "Never". This causes the Effect to disappear from the caster when damage is applied to the target. I believe this to be incorrect. The spell is more persistent than that.

Thank you.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Difficult one I think. I’m unsure if this one is one of the overrides or whether the effect is created by the parser. It also may be correct to apply the effect for only the next roll since it only procs if there is an attack. So it would not be correct to have it apply to a spell. Finally this is one of those that are best used with the CUSTOM function, so everyone will be ignoring the dragged in effect and creating their own anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Difficult one I think. I’m unsure if this one is one of the overrides or whether the effect is created by the parser. It also may be correct to apply the effect for only the next roll since it only procs if there is an attack. So it would not be correct to have it apply to a spell. Finally this is one of those that are best used with the CUSTOM function, so everyone will be ignoring the dragged in effect and creating their own anyway.
    It does apply to spell attacks.

It probably comes from the parser.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    It does apply to spell attacks.

It probably comes from the parser.
    The spell indicates that you get the extra damage when you hit it with an attack; therefore in the case of most spells you wouldn't get the extra damage. I agree that you would get the extra damage if the spell requires an attack roll; but if it doesn't you don't get the extra damage.

I suspect it is the parser which is creating the effect for this one. And as I say the effect is best used with the CUSTOM tag anyway.

Blog Entries
    IMO, if the built in parser is creating an action/effect that is not accurate (and not usable as is) then it should probably be removed. I suspect that is something Moon Wizard will need to look at as I don't think it's something that can be corrected in the module.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Respectively, I disagreed with both of you to a degree. As 4wire states it has to do with parsing. But, I believe, it’s because the spell effect has been saved that way. Some time ago, within the last year or so, the Hex spell’s effect has been saved that way. I created a warlock about a year ago, and though not positive, I am pretty certain the Expires property was not set to “On next roll”. Because in the past year the effect has worked fine. In a campaign I am starting, one of my players created a warlock, and the Expires property is wrong.

I am very, very certain that the effects parser can be overridden and the overriding values saved to the exported module. When I created the Psionic Class Implementor module and extension I did just that. For every psionic, I added or adjusted (the parser output) the effects. I believe that is just what has happened to Hex. The Expires property has inadvertently been changed and has been exported to the PHB module that way.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information