5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 17 of 93 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    Explorer's Guide to Wildemount

These are all magic items missing spells.

Blade of Broken Mirrors doesn't have links to the following spells: fabricate, hallucinatory terrain, major image and phantasmal killer.

Grovelthrash doesn't have links to the following spells: earthquake, meld into stone, stone shape.

Silken Spite is missing: cloudkill, darkness, levitate, web

The Bloody End is missing: charm person, dominate person, dominate monster, fear

Grimoire Infinitus is missing: alarm, antimagic field, Bigby's hand, blight, charm person, confusion, control weather, create undead, detect thoughts, enlarge/reduce, fear, foresight, gaseous form, glyph of warding, legend lore, Leomund's tiny hut, mass suggestion, mislead, misty step, Mordenkainen's faithful hound, prismatic spray, ray of enfeeblement, silent image, teleport and thunderwave. Based on the latest adventures like Tomb of Annihilation, it's been typical to sort by level and separate them.

Hide of the Feral Guardian is missing: Polymorph. Even though it is only able to be used for up to 3 specific creatures, the spell is still good to be linked due to stuff like how long it would last.

Infiltrator's Key: Alter Self, Invisibility, knock, pass without a trace, dimension door, gaseous form, mislead.

Stormgirdle: control weather

Verminshroud: Polymorph for the same reason as Hide of the Feral Guardian, insect plague

Wreath of the Prism: dominate monster

Duskcrusher: sunbeam

Needle of Mending: mending

Reincarnation Dust: Reincarnate

Ring of Obscuring: Fog Cloud

Staff of Dunamancy: fortune's favor, pulse wave, gravity sinkhole

-------

Infiltrator's Key might be better labeled as a Weapon instead of a Wondrous Item for the sake of Fantasy Grounds. Or creating a separate item called "Infiltrator's Key (Dagger Form)" simply because it can transform into a +1 magic dagger that can return to your hand after throwing it.

Verminshroud doesn't have links to the NPCs Rat, Giant Rat, Giant Wasp or Giant Scorpion.

Curse of Strahd

Not a bug, just another consistency thing. Spellbooks in new adventures like say "Tomb of Annihilation" sort their spells by level and separates them. Curse of Strahd has them sorted, but not separated. It also doesn't described what a Spellbook is at the bottom, or have the header "Description" at the top. Attached image gives a comparison between a Curse of Strahd spellbook and a newer adventures spellbook. Curse of Strahd is on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Curse of Strahd

Not a bug, just another consistency thing. Spellbooks in new adventures like say "Tomb of Annihilation" sort their spells by level and separates them. Curse of Strahd has them sorted, but not separated. It also doesn't described what a Spellbook is at the bottom, or have the header "Description" at the top. Attached image gives a comparison between a Curse of Strahd spellbook and a newer adventures spellbook. Curse of Strahd is on the right.
    Not sure why I did that for ToA, I normally just list them like in CoS.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Explorer's Guide to Wildemount

These are all magic items missing spells.

Verminshroud doesn't have links to the NPCs Rat, Giant Rat, Giant Wasp or Giant Scorpion.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the report. To be honest, this was my bad. I forgot to link the spells/npcs you listed.

I will get those fixed today, though due to the fact that the next update is tomorrow morning, these fixes will likely not make it to the live server until next Tuesday.

UPDATE:

All Explorer's Guide to Wildemount errors reported above this post have been pushed to the test server and will be pushed live in the near future (most likely the Tuesday update after tomorrow's).
    Last edited by sciencephile; March 24th, 2020 at 05:27.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

A few minor typos from the Tomb of Annihilation module:
    • Quests -> Retrieve a Stolen Item: Stormfanh -> Stormfang
    • Quests -> Help a Dyeing Man: Omal -> Omala
    • Quests -> Create a Distraction: should "a pair tabaxi siblings" be "a pair of tabaxi siblings"? (This is a typo in the physical book as well).

A few of the dinosaur NPCs seem to have incorrect artwork for their tokens, but perhaps this is due to an artwork limitation in the source material?
    • Allosaurus is using Zombie T-Rex token
    • Ankylosaurus - not sure?
    • Tyrannosaurus Rex is using King of Feathers token instead of T-Rex token
    • Zongo is using T-Rex token instead of Triceratops token

Thanks for the reports in the typos.

Yes, the available dinosaur artwork is extremely limited (basically one composite image), so I did what I could to give them all reasonably unique tokens. Alas not possible, but I thought something resembling a dinosaur would be better than a letter token.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Explorers Guide to Wildemount

The Husk Zombie Burster needs a link in the Reference Manual. It would be in Chapter 7 under Husk Zombie.

Explorers Guide to Wildemount - Adventures

In the item "Blasting Powder" which is found in the Adventuring Gear Table, the paragraphs aren't separated. It says "damage on a successful one.\nA character can bind". The \n should be where the paragraph break is.

----------------

There are a ton of sections being labeled at the end of their Story sections rather then at the beginning. I think the module sorts the stuff in the "Story" section when opening the module. I know whenever there are subsections, the first one is given "00." instead of nothing so that it appears at the top of its list. Below are the ones that need the "00.".

"1.04. That Sinking Feeling" - "1.04.00. That Sinking Feeling"

"1.05. Seafarers" -> "1.05.00. Seafarers"

"1.06. Hunger of the Deep" -> "1.06.00. Hunger of the Deep"

"1.07. Ambush at Palma Flora" -> "1.07.00. Ambush at Palma Flora"

"1.08. Concluding the Adventure" -> "1.08.00. Concluding the Adventure"

"1. Tide of Retribution" -> "1.00. Tide of Retribution"

"2.04.08. Other Hupperdook Locations" -> "2.04.08.00. Other Hupperdook Locations"

"2.04. A Boom in the Night" -> "2.04.00. A Boom in the Night"

"2.05. Ascending the Mountain" -> "2.05.00. Ascending the Mountain"

"2.06. Stahlmast's Lair" -> "2.06.00 Stahlmast's Lair"

"2. Dangerous Designs" -> "2.00. Dangerous Designs"

"3.04. Mystery in Palebank Village" -> "3.04.00. Mystery in Palebank Village"

"3.05. Croaker Cave" -> "3.05.00. Croaker Cave"

"3.07. Jolly Dwarf" -> "3.07.00. Jolly Dwarf"

"3.08. Traveling to Eiselcross" -> "3.08.00. Traveling to Eiselcross"

"3.09. Syrinlya" -> "3.09.00 Syrinlya"

"3.10. Into the Wilds" -> "3.10.00. Into the Wilds"

"3.11. Salsvault" -> "3.11.00. Salsvault"

----------------

All the encounters in the 4 adventures aren't separated by labels at the beginning. For example the "Encounter: South Shore" battle should be "1.04.02. P1. South Shore" as that is where the encounter is found. Otherwise when looking at the Encounters in say "Adventure 1: Tide of Retribution" it is all out of order. This naming scheme I'm basing on how that's how they are like in other adventures like Curse of Strahd and Tomb of Annihilation.

Adventure 1: Tide of Retribution

"Encounter: South Shore" -> "1.04.02. P1. South Shore"

"Encounter: West Shore" -> "1.04.03. P2. West Shore"

"Encounter: North Shore" -> "1.04.04. P3. North Shore"

"Encounter: "East Shore" -> "1.04.05 P4. North Shore"

"Encounter: On the Open Sea" -> "1.06.07. Encounter on the Open Sea"

"Encounter: Showdown with Selachai" -> "1.07.04. Showdown with Selachai"

"Encounter: Ambush at Palma Flora" -> "1.07.00. Ambush at Palma Flora"

In an effort to avoid typing all the rest, It continues into Adventures 2-4 as well. If there are multiple encounters in the same Story page, like say in the Story "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard" they would say "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard - Full Complement", "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard - Guard Patrol" and "4.06.05. V4. Training Yard - Front Gate". This is based on how multiple encounters in the same Story Page are done in Tomb of Annihilation anyway.

Explorers Guide to Wildemount

NPC Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa needs a Variant NPC as well, with the "Retribution" Reaction ability listed in the "Other" tab of the NPC. Probably just named "Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa Variant" or "Sahugain Warlock of Uk'otoa - Rod". Something to distinguish it.

The NPC "Tribal Warrior" should be renamed to Shark Hunter, this is reference in Story section "1.04.02. P1. South Shore".

In the encounter "Encounter: South Shore" both of the Shark Hunters have the names Elanza and Joao. Their races should be half-elf and tiefling respectively. The only way to have 2 separate stat blocks for their races included would to create NPCs in the NPC list called Elanza as well as Joao.

"Encounter: East Shore" has a named NPC called "Aurelio" that should be on the NPC list.

In "1.05.03. Interacting with the Crew" there are links to 6 NPC Story pages with NPCs listed in each one. Each of those NPCs needs a named NPC listed on the NPC list of the adventure that also includes their race. In particular, the NPC "Three Earrings" needs a climbing speed of 20 feet, the Feline Agility Trait which is listed in Story "1.05.05. Three Earrings's Plan" and Darkvision. Her languages are Common and Sahuagin. She needs the additional action of a melee weapon attack with her claws (+4 to hit), dealing 1d4 slashing damage on a hit. This is found in the same story section as the Feline Agility Trait.

"Encounter: On the Open Sea" has an NPC called Moonbeam Captain. They should be named "Voskiir Larth" and be a half-elf for their race. The details are mentioned in Story "1.06.07. Encounter on the Open Sea". The NPCs I named above should also have their stat blocks here replaced with the ones that will be made in the NPC list. Examples being Three Earrings and Boerth.

"Encounter: Ambush at Palma Flora" will need the various NPCs named to be replaced with the named ones on the NPC list.

"Encounter: Showdown with Selachai" has the NPC "Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa" who needs the name Selachai and needs a named NPC on the NPC list. This name is found on "1.07.04. Showdown with Selachai". The named NPC on the list will also need the "Roleplaying Selachai" section in her "Other" tab which is found in story "1.07.04.02. Roleplaying Selachai".

Let me know if I should continue into Adventures 2-4 with the named NPC thing. If this isn't going to be done, I don't wanna type it all up for no reason :P

Thanks PCK, I'll pass it all on.

In section "3.06. Vials of Frigid Woe" it explains what a "Frigid Woe (Vial)" item does. That is not labeled in the Adventuring Gear Table. These should also be added to the main module. The disease Frigid Woe should probably also be described here since this module is only detailing chapter 5 for the adventures and having to go between 2 modules for 1 item would be annoying for a DM.

The Adventuring Gear "Arrow" is listed under Alchemical Supplies.

Adventuring Gear "Sprig of Mistletoe" is listed under Standard instead of Druidic Focus.

The item "Crossbow Bolts (20)" is found in Parcel "Treasure: Stahlmast Armory" but is not in the Adventuring Gear Table.

---

There are a few magic items listed in all of the adventures. A lot of them are listed in the parcels but not the magic item list. This is causing the parcel to create an item with no properties. They need to be added to the Magic Item list, and then the proper magic item needs to be added to the parcels.They are as follows:

Parcel "Inventory: Apothecary Store": Potion of Healing, Potion of Animal Friendship.

Parcel "Inventory: Brokenbank Apothecary": Potion of Water Breathing.

Inventory: Port Damali Smithy: Breathing Bubble

Treasure: Crumbling Tower (Chest): Pipes of Haunting

Treasure: Fort Venture Commander's Quarters (Chest): Potion of Mind Reading

Treasure: Fort Venture Jail (Alonne's Coat): Hunter's Coat

Treasure: Silver Falls Cavern: Ring of Obscuring

Treasure: Stahlmast Clockwork Forge: Goggles of Night

Treasure: Sunken Boneyard: Wand of Magic Detection

---

Non-Magic item Parcel items

Treasure: Frigid Woe Laboratory (Each Chest) has the items "Frigid Woe (Vial)" but those have no description. At the top of this post I described what should be in the item. The following Parcels also have Frigid Woe:

Treasure: Salsvault Disease Storage (Each Chest), Treasure, Salsvault Drowned Curative Laboratory.

In the Parcel "Inventory: Lay of the Land Herbalist" it has a generic item called "Perfume (vial)" instead of using the one in the Adventuring Gear that has cost and weight. Same with the item "Antitoxin (vial)", Incense (one block), and Oil (flask). I imagine it is due to how the words in the ( ) are not capitalized so they aren't pulling from the Adventuring Gear Table properly.

---

Story Section "1.07.04. Showdown with Selachai" may need a parcel added here. The text describing the room/creatures mentions Selachai lifting a gleaming scepter tipped with a glowing amber eye. Earlier in the module in "1.07. Ambush at Palma Flora" it says how Three Earrings urges the adventurers to get the Rod of Retribution from the Sahuagin leader. I imagine this is that as a Rod of Retribution is described as such. So a Parcel for it should be made.

I mentioned in my last post a need for a Sahuagin Warlock of Uk'otoa Variant to be made. Selachai should be a Variant one, not a standard one due to that rod.

In Story "1.07. Ambush at Palma Flora" towards the bottom, "rod of retribution" should be italicized like in the book.

That's all I got for now.
    Last edited by Paperclipkiller; March 26th, 2020 at 23:21.

Thread Information