5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 52 of 93 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last
    One I missed

Dungeon Masters Guide:

In every version of "Sword of Vengeance", so Greatsword of Vengeance or Rapier of Vengeance as examples, "banishment" needs to be italicized.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Alright I have got a lot of super basic, no one would really notice if these were fixed ones.

The following magic items have words that aren't italicized that should be. They could be the item itself, other magic items or spells. I will be listing them as "Item: words that should be italicized".
    Thanks again for your sterling efforts.
    The following is relevant:
    I can't include formatted text in a table otherwise they will break. Any sentence that contains formatted text in a table will stop the text just before the formatting begins. Hence the reason why there is none in any table.
    I've corrected all of the missing bold and italicised text otherwise.
    I'm always reluctant to delete items from the DMG since the items can appear as links in adventure modules and so that would break things. So I'm leaving the belt of Giant strength in just in case. I've added in the various golem books (but left the original) and also added the hand and eye of Vecna. As far as the Rod of Lordly Might is concerned there are just so many possibilities here and I don't really want to add them all in. So I've left the original but I have added links into it for the various types of Flame Tongue, Battleaxe, +3 and Spear, +3. Had I been doing this from scratch I might have done it differently but again I don't really want to mess too much with magic items because of the impact this could have on a number of adventures.
    I've updated any tables with links to the NPCs or items where appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post

I only looked through the Dungeon Masters Guide today for the italicization stuff. Would you want me to list the other magic items missing italicizing in their description in other books?
    It depends on whether the items are from the DMG or not. If they are then eventually those will get updated automatically with the DMG descriptions when the module is next updated - since the items get pulled from the DMG. If the items are unique to the modules then list away.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Thanks again for your sterling efforts.
    I'm always reluctant to delete items from the DMG since the items can appear as links in adventure modules and so that would break things. So I'm leaving the belt of Giant strength in just in case. I've added in the various golem books (but left the original) and also added the hand and eye of Vecna. As far as the Rod of Lordly Might is concerned there are just so many possibilities here and I don't really want to add them all in. So I've left the original but I have added links into it for the various types of Flame Tongue, Battleaxe, +3 and Spear, +3. Had I been doing this from scratch I might have done it differently but again I don't really want to mess too much with magic items because of the impact this could have on a number of adventures.
    Just clarifying in case it got missed, was the "Quall's Feather Token" note missed in my list? I worded it a bit differently then the others without thinking and in the jumble of that whole list it would be easily missed. Just asking since all the items needing variations/an original you stated you did but not that one. Wanted to make sure it wasn't missed.

How it was worded: "Similar to the Manual of Golems above, the Feather Tokens listed in the "Quaal's Feather Token" magic item are all in the same magic item."

D&D 5e SRD Magic Items

Just took a quick glance at the SRD, seems like all the items I listed above have the same issue in their SRD variant. The italicized part, and the parts I listed on the bottom like the Rod of Lordly Might and the variations or the Manual of Golems. The "Quaal's Feather Token" one is just called "Feather Token" in the SRD. All the rest seemingly have the same name.

Additionally, if you have the D&D 5E SRD Magic Items module open, as well as "D&D Eberron Rising from the Last War" module open, the magic item "Feather Token" in the SRD gets overwritten by the Eberron version. I know you just stated you don't like removing items above. However thankfully I do believe WOTC would call it "Quaal's Feather Token" in any module so it wouldn't pull from the SRD anyway so you should be able to add something to make it differentiate itself easily from the Eberron version. Maybe just a (SRD) at the end of it? Very unfortunate they named 2 magic items the same thing.

Yes, I caught the Quaal's one and I updated it to add in the variants of that. And yes the SRD is likely the same since it's based on the same files. However that's one for the back burner at the moment. The names are expunged in the SRD (like Quaal, Mordenkainen, etc). I suppose eventually there's going to be overwrites given the number of modules out there now. Again name changes are problematic since that breaks links but I'll have a look and see what I can do about it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi! I might discovered a typo/mistake in DotMM
    Level 3, encounter 03.03 3. Grick Ambush
    The text says 3 Gricks but in the encounter are just 2

Quote Originally Posted by AucaCoyan View Post
    Hi! I might discovered a typo/mistake in DotMM
    Level 3, encounter 03.03 3. Grick Ambush
    The text says 3 Gricks but in the encounter are just 2
    I see three.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As shown by example in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post524095 (example images are from another module but the issue depicted is relevant in others)

The D&D Acquisitions Incorporated module (WOTC5EAI) is exhibiting the character-set issue with quotation marks and hyphens showing as the "unknown glyph" square symbol, mostly in story text but also in class descriptions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
    As shown by example in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post524095 (example images are from another module but the issue depicted is relevant in others)

The D&D Acquisitions Incorporated module (WOTC5EAI) is exhibiting the character-set issue with quotation marks and hyphens showing as the "unknown glyph" square symbol, mostly in story text but also in class descriptions etc.
    Thanks, I'll let the developer know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post

This was fixed? Update FG and let me know if it's still a thing, and if so WHERE specifically can I view an example. Story entry number or something?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Module: Out of the Abyss
    Group label: Out of the Abyss - Tables
    Table record: 20 Indefinite Madness
    Entry 71-80 text: “...and their agest are…”
    Should say “...and their agents are…”
    (Note that this same table is in DMG but without the typo)

Group label: OotA 01. Chapter 1: Prisoners of the Drow
    Story Record: 01.03.06 Sarith Kzekarit
    Broken link. Unlike in the other prisoner stories, the line in the middle of the page which says “NPC: Sarith Kzekarit” behaves as plain text instead of a link to the NPC record.

Group label: Out of the Abyss - NPCs
    NPC record: “Sarith Kzekarit” has a typo in “chain shir t” in the armor field.

Module: D&D Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide - Player’s
    Group label: D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide
    Class record: Monk
    Section Header: The Monk
    Typo in Level 10th Unarmored Movement box “+20 ft4:.”

Thread Information