DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Internal player can't connect no matter what computer they're using

I run a game with both internal and external users. I have one player that cannot connect to the game, even though everyone else has no trouble. I thought it was because she was using a Mac laptop but we recently swapped her laptop to another computer that has successfully connected to the game before, but she still can't log in. The only error message is to check her network connections, but nothing has changed other than the physical location of the laptop (moving from one room of the house to another). The other player sitting in the same room on the same connection has no issues at all. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the FG Forums and community!

Are they using the internal IP address to connect to?

Hi,

You might try having the user log into the FG Forum on the computer they are trying to use. Because the problem follows the user, I suspect it's a login credentials issue. If they can login in to the forum then that rules that out as a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GarthGiantbane View Post
    You might try having the user log into the FG Forum on the computer they are trying to use. Because the problem follows the user, I suspect it's a login credentials issue. If they can login in to the forum then that rules that out as a issue.
    The login credentials for the forum has nothing to do with connecting to a host pc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelin View Post
    I run a game with both internal and external users. I have one player that cannot connect to the game, even though everyone else has no trouble. I thought it was because she was using a Mac laptop but we recently swapped her laptop to another computer that has successfully connected to the game before, but she still can't log in. The only error message is to check her network connections, but nothing has changed other than the physical location of the laptop (moving from one room of the house to another). The other player sitting in the same room on the same connection has no issues at all. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Are one or the other of you on Wifi?
    Have you got Wireless Isolation enabled (its a security feature for Guest networks)? Turn it off.
    Does the Wifi computer have an IP address on the same network as the GM computer?
    Eg both 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x or 10.0.0.x or 10.10.10.x or... you get the picture... only the last set of digits should be different.

She is using the internal IP so I know that's not the issue. I'll try having her use the wired connection to see if that changes anything and give an update. Thanks!

Thread Information